1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It is amazing how these discussions have gone and the more we all go thru this is the more we all learn. And the original meanings to these scriptures are the keys to knowing what is the truth on the trinity. But if one is truely searching for this, then one should put as much unbiast info in front of them to reasearch, honestly pray to God for direction ...[text shortened]... resting that you'd do that. You remember the scriptures at Matt 15:3,8,9. Mark 7:13. Col 2:8?
    Something i think i've hit upon is that much of what divides us is semantics, there are some serious doctrinal differences, but not too many I think. In the end God will sort it out for us😉
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:52
    Originally posted by duecer
    Something i think i've hit upon is that much of what divides us is semantics, there are some serious doctrinal differences, but not too many I think. In the end God will sort it out for us😉
    True but what if it's "now" in history that we need to know? And do we need to know the truth or just leave it up to God to have forgiveness of us not knowing? John 17:3, Eph 4:13, 1Tim 2:4. Ps 43:3, Prov 23:23, John 4:24, & 8:32, Ehp 6:14, Heb 10:26, 2Pet 1:12.
    These are just a few of the scriptures that talk about knowing the "truth" as that's the only way God will accept our worship.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:57
    True but what if it's "now" in history that we need to know? And do we need to know the truth or just leave it up to God to have forgiveness of us not knowing? John 17:3, Eph 4:13, 1Tim 2:4. Ps 43:3, Prov 23:23, John 4:24, & 8:32, Ehp 6:14, Heb 10:26, 2Pet 1:12.
    These are just a few of the scriptures that talk about knowing the "truth" as that's the only way God will accept our worship.
    No one knows all the Truth.

But God will hold us accountable for how we lived according to the truth we do know.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 19:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    No one knows all the Truth.

But God will hold us accountable for how we lived according to the truth we do know.
    Well, we may not have the correct understanding of a certian issue by all means, but the truth is in the Bible. 2Tim 3:16, Acts 17:11, Ps 119: 160, John 17:17.
    Also the bible is clear that you have to worship him with truth.
    Jos 24:14, 1Sam 12:24, Ps 25:4,5, 43:3, 86:11, Isa 83:3, John 4: 23,24.

And finding and knowing the truth will affect our future. Rom 2:8, 2Cor 4:2, Eph 1:13, 1Tim 2:4, 2Tim 4:4, Tit 1:1,14, Heb 10:26, 2John 1-4, 3John 3,4.
    Plenty of evidence that we need to find and know the truth of the Bible.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 20:30
    Well, we may not have the correct understanding of a certian issue by all means, but the truth is in the Bible. 2Tim 3:16, Acts 17:11, Ps 119: 160, John 17:17.

And finding and knowing the truth will affect our ...[text shortened]... 2John 1-4, 3John 3,4.
    There is truth with a capital T and truth witha small t. small t truths are simply facts. jesus was the son of mary, true. Peter was a passionate idiot, true (though latertransformed by the Holy Spirit). Herod was King, true. Christ died and resurrected true (from the christian perspective), the nature of God? thete is a capital T there that we don't completely know about. God's name? also a capital T we can't be 100% sure of. Jesus commands us to love others as ourselves, both a small and capital T.

I live by my consience, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong for the right reasons, and for that I'm sure God forgives
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 22:21
    Originally posted by duecer
    There is truth with a capital T and truth witha small t. small t truths are simply facts. jesus was the son of mary, true. Peter was a passionate idiot, true (though latertransformed by the Holy Spirit). Herod was King, true. Christ died and resurrected true (from the christian perspective), the nature of God? thete is a capital T there that we don't complet ...[text shortened]... nsience, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong for the right reasons, and for that I'm sure God forgives
    So with all the scriptures in the Bible and all the info in much regarded history books and manuscripts on the trinity, how does one decide what is the "T"ruth on the trinity?
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 22:47
    So with all the scriptures in the Bible and all the info in much regarded history books and manuscripts on the trinity, how does one decide what is the "T"ruth on the trinity?
    By listening to how God speaks to your heart
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 03:43
    Originally posted by Badwater
    EPIC FAIL
    You know what? I think this day 9/11 should be anti-cussing day nation-wide in remberance of what happened, in respect for the dead and of each other, we should be united and help each other and be nice to each other on this day especially.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 04:411 edit
    Is tradition always bad? I would say no! A tradition of truth would be good.
    So yes traditions should be questioned but no all traditions are evil. I'm sure the JW's have traditions being now over 100 years old.
    I can't argue that when I read the scriptures I see Christ in His majesty! In His Glorified state with eyes of flaming fire! The Glorified lamb. That is what I see when I read the scriptures I believe that is the root of the issue for me when I see or perceive that some are trying to degrade Christ from His rightful place. That is why I get defensive with the JW's or Mormons or whatever. Lately I think I'm trying to understand more though.

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 12:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    Is tradition always bad? I would say no! A tradition of truth would be good.
    So yes traditions should be questioned but no all traditions are evil. I'm sure the JW's have traditions being now over 100 years old.
    I can't argue that when I read the scriptures I see Christ in His majesty! In His Glorified state with eyes of flaming fire! The Glorified lamb. ...[text shortened]... JW's or Mormons or whatever. Lately I think I'm trying to understand more though.

Manny
    By no means are all traditions bad. We all have them in our ilfe's in one way or the other. But we just have to pay special attention to ones that have of a religious or spiritual context as that would be the main concern in God's viewpoint. And one would have to admit that alot of the religions out there have a tremedous amount of traditions in their religious practices. And just because they've done them for centuries doesn't mean that it may be ok to do.
    But as far as a real true religious tradition, Jesus told us to follow the event of his death and to keep doing it in rememberance of him. Basically the 26th chapter of Matthew explains this. Other then that he command to congregate with our brothers at meetings on a regular basis, to love one another and to follow his command to tell others about his teachings, that's about it.
    Then if you look at 1 john 5:3 & Acts 15: 28,29 these bring out that Jesus actually wants us to have as little "Burden" on us as possible in contrast with what the religious leaders were doing to the people at that time. So again if one looks at some religions today, it would seem that they they have developed so many traditions in their worship to God that it would seem they've made their worship a burdensome event.
    And by no means do we degrade Jesus. And by understanding who he is in relation to his Father does not do that. But Jesus said on a couple occasions to not worship him but only his Father. But we still hold Jesus up to the highest level possible because 1st he created us, 2nd he laid down his life for everyone of us, and last he will be the one we all answer to very shortly. He's done many more things but the point is he truely loves us and up to this point all he's done has been for his Father's will and in getting this earth and us humans back to what his Fathers original plans were. So not one selfish thing I know of that he's done. So yes we do place him really, really high...
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 11:201 edit
    By no means are all traditions bad. We all have them in our ilfe's in one way or the other. But we just have to pay special attention to ones that have of a religious or spiritual context as that would be the main concern in God's viewpoint. And one would have to admit that alot of the religions out there have a tremedous amount of traditions in their re elfish thing I know of that he's done. So yes we do place him really, really high...
    I showed you verses saying the Father is in the believers.
    I showed you verses saying the Holy Spirit is in the believers.
    I showed you verses saying that Jesus Christ is in the believers.

Where are there any passages saying that Michael the archangel is in the believers ?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 12:58

And finding and knowing the truth will affect our ...[text shortened]... 2John 1-4, 3John 3,4.
    Agreed.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 15:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    Agreed.
    Thanks.....
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:062 edits
    The Triune God

http://www.triunegod.org/

Traditional Heresies of the Triune God:

Adoptionism
    Arianism
    Modalism
    Tritheism

http://www.triunegod.org/heresies/index.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree