1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 05:08
    Originally posted by menace71
    I have not gone there in a long time about the trinity. Somethings are understood by inference. Example when Christ forgave sin. This was interpreted by those around Jesus as blasphemy. Why? You have to ask yourself this question. This was understood to be the prerogative of God alone. Either Jesus was God or a liar. Secondly He performed miracles such as h ...[text shortened]... God were God came into this world to be the perfect sacrifice. The Bread of life.

Manny
    Also, John 1:1: In the beginning was the word. How could the divinity of Jesus be made any clearer?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 05:141 edit
    I have not gone there in a long time about the trinity. Somethings are understood by inference. Example when Christ forgave sin. This was interpreted by those around Jesus as blasphemy. Why? You have to ask yourself this question. This was understood to be the prerogative of God alone. Either Jesus was God or a liar. Secondly He performed miracles such as h God were God came into this world to be the perfect sacrifice. The Bread of life.

Manny
    Well put Manny.

Christ - the mystery of godliness - He who was manifested in the flesh.

He said if we cannot believe that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him then at least we should believe in the works.

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me?

The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves." (John 14:10-11)

Now to MINGLE two or more things together means to combine two or more things together so that they remain distinguishable in the combination. It is a good word to discribe the nature of Christ. And it is biblical from the typology of the meal offering in Leviticus 2.

The Old Testament is the picture. The New Testament is the caption under the picture. In Christ we see God and in Christ we see Man.

We see the mingling of God and man. He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. If we cannot comprehend the mingling of God and man we should believe in His works themelves. This will help us to go on to know the God-man - Jesus our Lord.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 05:20
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Also, John 1:1: In the beginning was the word. How could the divinity of Jesus be made any clearer?
    No doubt! The Logos was with God and was God and a few verses later and the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us. Why would that statement even matter if Christ was just some spirit being? The statement is a declaration by the author of the letter namely John. 🙂 The JW's always attack these verses. The word that was with God and was God became flesh and dwelt among us. The significance of these statements is that God became flesh. Don't ask me how! LOL but it is there for all to see.

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 05:25
    Theos=God, Anthropos=man Theanthropos

Good stuff

Manny 🙂
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 05:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Bill Freeman writes in [b]"The Testimony of Church History Regarding the Mingling of God with Man" -

"The Hebrew lexicons of Brown, Driver and Briggs, Koehler and Baumgartner, and Censenius also define the word bahlal as "mingle; mix; confuse; confound; flow as water; moisten with water; mixed-offering". The Septuagint Version (LXX) in Leviticus 2: ...[text shortened]... d as a man Jesus Christ. And you, Galveston, have been misled by their false teaching.
    So Jesus was "mixed or mingeled" after he was resurrected? So he wasn't part of God before he was born as a human? I thought you all said he's always been 1 of 3 from all of eternity?
    Story keeps changing guys...
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:00
    I have not gone there in a long time about the trinity. Somethings are understood by inference. Example when Christ forgave sin. This was interpreted by those around Jesus as blasphemy. Why? You have to ask yourself this question. This was understood to be the prerogative of God alone. Either Jesus was God or a liar. Secondly He performed miracles such as h ...[text shortened]... God were God came into this world to be the perfect sacrifice. The Bread of life.

Manny
    But did not Moses and any of the Apostles perform miracles? So were they God too?
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But did not Moses and any of the Apostles perform miracles? So were they God too?
    There are in fact five mufflos to every one grindloc and thia fact is apparent to anyone capable of sight.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:10
    No doubt! The Logos was with God and was God and a few verses later and the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us. Why would that statement even matter if Christ was just some spirit being? The statement is a declaration by the author of the letter namely John. 🙂 The JW's always attack these verses. The word that was with God and was God became flesh and ...[text shortened]... is that God became flesh. Don't ask me how! LOL but it is there for all to see.

Manny
    We attack those verses because these are the only few verses that Trinitarians use to try and prove this belief with but for some reason ignor all the other 99% of the Bible and all the historicle proof that the trinity was never taught by Jesus or any Christians or in the Bible and that it has pagan origins.
    If for no other reason the origins should throw up a really big flag that something is wrong here. Origins that are from civilizations that were completely denounced by God because of their paganistic beliefs and one that you can still see the representations of the trinity in there art work and such. Does this not mean a thing to you guys?????
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:111 edit
    How about the sin question? & The omniscient question?

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:11
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    There are in fact five mufflos to every one grindloc and thia fact is apparent to anyone capable of sight.
    What?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:121 edit
    How about the sin? & The omniscient ?

Manny
    Respond to this question first...
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:14
    Also the name to be given to Christ was Emanuel which means God with us. How about this? "Oh wait it means a lil baby god right?"

Manny
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:16
    Miracles????
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:16
    Which one? Moses never forgave sin or raised the dead. Commanded the sea.

Manny
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 06:17
    Which one? Moses never forgave sin or raised the dead. Commanded the sea.

Manny
    Water from a rock.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree