trinity revisited (for my own sake)

trinity revisited (for my own sake)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
03 Sep 09
3 edits

==================================
What is this saying Jay? Is it not simply saying that this oneness is in all God's true followers? To be one in the same faith, spirit, baptism, hope, goal? Jehovah & Jesus are one in this same context
======================================

Ephesians 4 is saying that the one God has been distributed into all of the members of the One Body. Since His life is one, that one life unites all the members of Christ's body.

This is similar to the one flow of electricity uniting all the lightbulbs in a room. The oneness of the Lord's people is in the One God that indwells them.

The flow of the one God with His one divine life is the intrinsic factor of the oneness of the Body of Christ.

In John's Gospel the disciples are to receive the Spirit - "He [the Spirit of reality] abides with you and shall be in you." (John 14:17)

The indwelling of this one Spirit, the Another Comforter and the Spirit of reality is also to indwelling of the Father and the Son as the divine "We".

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Don't get tired of reading yet ! Don't say "This is not a short answer, so I will tune out."

The coming of the Holy Spirit is the coming of the divine "WE" - the Father and the Son.

Coinherance is a word that some theologians use to discribe how One of the Triune God lives in the Other. The Father lives in the Son - coinherance. The Son lives in the Spirit - coinherance of the Father in the Son. Coinherance of the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit.

The Triune God is about God dispensing Himself into man. He is about God imparting Himself into man.

================================
However, when Paul says "One God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all" do I need to mentally insert (More than one God) in order to accomodate for the existence of Satan ? ))

Is not Satan called a God in the Bible? Of course he is a God. A God of this wicked system that we all live in on this planet.
=======================================

I would never capitalize god to indicate Satan, "the god of this world" He is not our God for the EKKLESIA is called OUT of the world. That why we believers are called "the church" - the called out assembly.

And for us there is One God and Father who is incidently in all the members of the one Body of Christ.

Since the Father lives in the Son and the Father and the Son live in the Holy Spirit - One Lord = One God and Father.

The revelation of the Triune God stands.

Even a passage like Revelation 11:15 does not negate the coinherance of the Triune God - "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ"

Here we see "our Lord ... and His Christ". Does this mean that there are two Lords ? In light of the entire revelation of the New Testament in cannot mean that there are two Lords.

If the passage is refering to the Father as Lord and His Christ as distinctly different, then Paul would not say "One Lord" is to the Christian church. The proper understanding of Revelation 11:15 is that the Father coinheres with the Christ, lives in the Christ, and cannot be separated from the Christ.

We have both the plain words of Jesus to teach us this and the symbolic picture to portray it.

1.) The plain words - "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? (John 14:10)

2.) The sign or picture to confirm the plain words - "And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon that they should shine in it, for the glory of God illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb." (Rev.21:23)

The light of the eternal city is God. The Lamp of the eternal city is the Lamb - the Redeemer - the crucified and resurrected Lord Jesus. He is the Lamb Who is the Lamp. The Lamp is the vessel to contain the light which is the glory of God.

The picture confirms that the Father lives in the Son. "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself" . And in Christ all the fullness was pleased to dwell.

As I have said before, Colossians did not say one third of the fulness was pleased to dwell. Colossians did not say 33.33333 percent of the fullness was pleased to dwell.

"For in Him all the fullness was pleased to dwell" (Col. 1:19)

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." (Col. 2:9)

Anyway, "our Lord and of His Christ" means that the Father as our Lord lives in His Christ. "We preach not ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord" (2 Cor. 4:5)

Christ - the image of the invisible God (Col. 1:15; 2 Cor. 4:4) is the "One Lord" even while Revelation speaks of "our Lord and of His Christ".

Otherwise Paul should have written in Ephesisans that there are TWO Lords. As it stands "One Lord".

================================
No he was not naive in this. He knows there are other Gods, but he know's there is only one God Almighty.
=====================================

Let me ask you this. The phrase God Almighty certainly means that God is all sufficient and that everything we need is included in Him. He is the Almighty.

Now if God abides in the believers, this God Almighty, then WHAT need is there for Christ to abide in them ?

Notice:

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Chist, God abides in him." (1 John 4:15)

If God Almighty abides in the Christians, then what need is there for Christ as a separate being to indwell them?

" ... do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?" (2 Cor. 13:6)

If God Almighty abides in the believers why are they disapproved if Christ ALSO as another being, is not in them ?

Why does the New Testament teach that it is not enough for God the Almighty to indwell the believers with ALL that He is and has ?

(This thought is in accordance to the way you Jehovah's Witnesses understand the New Testament).

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
from verse 4:Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne,

the one who is, was, and is to come...follow?

then verse 8:8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

the subject of this chapter is Christ, the ph his can only mean that Christ is the speaker here. nice try though

Jesus is Lord!!!
Jesus may be Lord, but Jehovah is the Almighty. the fact that you cannot produce one measly scriptural cross reference but must resort to trying to evaluate the passage in isolation, is most telling !

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Jesus may be Lord, but Jehovah is the Almighty. the fact that you cannot produce one measly scriptural cross reference but must resort to trying to evaluate the passage in isolation, is most telling !
first you tell me to produce a reference which I do, then you ask for a cross reference, if I do, will you denounce the WTS as heretic? I think not, no amount of apologetics will convince you, because you refuse to accept Christ, who is jehovah, in you.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]==================================
What is this saying Jay? Is it not simply saying that this oneness is in all God's true followers? To be one in the same faith, spirit, baptism, hope, goal? Jehovah & Jesus are one in this same context
======================================

Ephesians 4 is saying that the one God has been distribute ...[text shortened]... 's Witnesses understand the New Testament).[/b]
nice work Jay!

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

first you tell me to produce a reference which I do, then you ask for a cross reference, if I do, will you denounce the WTS as heretic? I think not, no amount of apologetics will convince you, because you refuse to accept Christ, who is jehovah, in you.
i do not reject Christ, i have adopted him as my model, why he would be in me, when i have shown that a person cannot be poured out and divided up, i do not know why you continue to assert it anything to the contrary, as for the Wt society being heretics, i doubt, for if i was to wait on a member of Christendom coming to tell me the good news of Gods kingdom i would die in my sins!

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

nice work Jay!
thank goodness i don't need to wade through that any more!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

why he would be in me, when i have shown that a person cannot be poured out and divided up, i do not know why you continue to assert it anything to the contrary,
I believe Jaywill did a very nice job proving that point....and you know it.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

no i don't, i never read it, i just took one look at the length of it, thanked God that i did not have to read it, and moved on. ๐Ÿ™‚

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

no i don't, i never read it, i just took one look at the length of it, thanked God that i did not have to read it, and moved on. ๐Ÿ™‚
lol, yer a peice o' work bro'

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

lol, yer a peice o' work bro'
and you my friend are a credit to your denomination, you have taken everything that we have thrown at you and still you stand resilient, a little tattered perhaps, like the star spangled banner after the defence of fort McHenry?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

and you my friend are a credit to your denomination, you have taken everything that we have thrown at you and still you stand resilient, a little tattered perhaps, like the star spangled banner after the defence of fort McHenry?
I still see stars๐Ÿ˜›

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

I still see stars๐Ÿ˜›
although this is off topic, did any of your relatives fight in any of the wars? i am not judging you or anything, its just from a historical point of view. like the civil war or the war of independence?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

although this is off topic, did any of your relatives fight in any of the wars? i am not judging you or anything, its just from a historical point of view. like the civil war or the war of independence?
I am a descendant of Ethan Allen, one of the revolutions greatest heroes, on my fathers side. As far as recent history, my uncle was in Korea, and 3 of my great uncles served in WW 2. Not sure about the rest. My uncle has the family history for my mothers side, but I don't know too much. I should sit down and read it some time.
I'm told that I'm mostly scot

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

I am a descendant of Ethan Allen, one of the revolutions greatest heroes, on my fathers side. As far as recent history, my uncle was in Korea, and 3 of my great uncles served in WW 2. Not sure about the rest. My uncle has the family history for my mothers side, but I don't know too much. I should sit down and read it some time.
I'm told that I'm mostly scot
Allen is a totally Scottish name! we had a friend of the family Steven Allen who sadly died in a motorcycle accident when he was young. i judge by your feisty spirit that you are Scots! Ethan Allen, i never heard of him, but i shall look him up and find out what i can. ๐Ÿ™‚

j

Moves
03 Sep 09

Thank you and Praise the Lord for His word.

I received blessing from your posts in like manner.