Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I've not evading the matter, i don't believe in God, so why am i going to spend my time trying to prove who will be saved by a God who i think doesn't exist? It's a nonsense Rob!!!
ok ok, so your not evading the matter, you just want to use our literature in an attempt to prove something you don't even believe in yourself, figures. I still say there is a chance for you!

rc

Moves
01 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
When I had a residence, I took a fella right off the street, who, that night was going to sleep under a bridge of a freeway, but said he could stay at my place, which he had for 3 weeks, until I came across him one day after I came home from work in the shower with a lady lol and said it had to stop..

He though had brought to my attention b4 he lef ...[text shortened]... ned to go back to Vegas where he left, and start anew, and I was extremely pleased to hear that!
its no fun sleeping under a bridge, you get huge rats and no sleep cause its so cold. I wonder if he did alright? I did ok because Jehovahs Witnesses took the time to help me, for which i am eternally grateful!

rc

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Yeah Matthew 24 signs of the end of the age.
28 talks about the great commission.

I believe your group is zealous for something (God perhaps) but the legalism and falsehood in doctrine is what I despise the most. The elitist mentality you guys have. You would put un-due burdens on man that Christ never did. I will agree I have not carried out the gr ...[text shortened]... tendom is guilty of this is once again displaying your ignorance and elitist attitude.

Manny
undue burdens?

(Matthew 11:29-30) . . .Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls.  For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”

I deny that we think we are better than others, but then again, its easy to blame others for our own short comings.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok ok, so your not evading the matter, you just want to use our literature in an attempt to prove something you don't even believe in yourself, figures. I still say there is a chance for you!
I was showing my belief, that your organisations ideology would be best eradicated, which you got upset about, pails into insignificance compared to your belief that at some point in the future vast swathes of mankind will be eradicated. The eradication of billions, from your supposed 'God of love', will make the Holocaust look like a Sunday afternoon picnic in the park.

I used your literature to prove a point that your were evading, namely only JW's will be saved. But your right i don't believe it, i don't believe in your God and i certainly don't believe that there is a forthcoming judgement just over the horizon. It's merely a relic left over from our past when it was easier to scare the populace in doing as they were told. The sooner it's eradicated the better.

I still say there is a chance for you Rob to free yourself from this delusion also!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i used to be homeless myself, in fact i ended up in a homeless unit which was filled with homeless persons and mental health patients from a local hospital which was closing down, easy enough for a man with a home to tell someone else to be comforted, not so easy when you are facing freezing temperatures with nowhere to go yourself, kind of like a ma ...[text shortened]... e the difference between putting on a temporary plaster and doing a major life saving operation.
I was homeless at 17, supporting myself and alone. I know full well the struggle. Knocking on the cardboard box of a homeless person and offering them a copy of AWAKE! is not going to change their situation (except they may now have a two days supply of toilet paper.) When you are hungry, cold and miserable you're not listening when people tell you God loves them; especially when you then leave them in their misery. However if you give them a warm meal, a place to shower and a clean change of clothes you help them feel like they are part of the human race again, and that possibly someone loves them. If they can believe that another human being cares about them, then maybe they can believe that God does as well.

Its sad how your denomination cherry picks which commands of Christ they will follow and which they will ignore. "Whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me also." Do you ignore the homeless problem? Do you ignore the single moms who can't make rent? Do you ignore the people in the nursing homes whom no one visits? When you do, you do those same things to Christ...how then can you call yourself a Christian?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes I just raised 6 people last week. Silly, silly, question.....
....said the man embarrased about his lack of compassion

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
....said the man embarrased about his lack of compassion
And who made you God that you can judge my compassion? Have been following me my whole life to see what I've done or not done with ones that need help? If you think all we do is hand out magazines then you truley no nothing and the JW's and myself.
If you have something honest to say of something you know is fact instead of some silly opinion then let me hear it.
You make yourself look really bad when you post stuff like this.
I'm sure you've heard 'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.'"."
More then you obviously know we help with the "now" all we can. But we try to help in the way that will hopefully insure their eternal future.
That's where literature and Bible studies come in.
Do you have a problem with Bible studies too?

d

Moves
01 Oct 10

That's right, you also spend many hours arguing fruitlessly with strangers on the internet.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

And who made you God that you can judge my compassion? Have been following me my whole life to see what I've done or not done with ones that need help? If you think all we do is hand out magazines then you truley no nothing and the JW's and myself.
If you have something honest to say of something you know is fact instead of some silly opinion then let ...[text shortened]... literature and Bible studies come in.
Do you have a problem with Bible studies too?
name one JW charitable organization that exists beyond the scope of proselytization .

You your self have said on these forums that you don't concern yourself with these ministries because the work of evangelism is more important. so name one charity, one minstry that's main purpose isn't conversion...if you can.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

name one JW charitable organization that exists beyond the scope of proselytization .

You your self have said on these forums that you don't concern yourself with these ministries because the work of evangelism is more important. so name one charity, one minstry that's main purpose isn't conversion...if you can.
Why do we have to be involved with whatever ministries your speaking of when the Watchtower Society does that on it's own? Do you think when there is a natural disaster somewhere on the earth we only help JW's? Is that what your emplying?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
That's right, you also spend many hours arguing fruitlessly with strangers on the internet.
Yes it is a fact we do waist our time here. But to answer the accusation that we don't do the ministry work is a silly acusation at best. I happen to work where I live and because of health problems I can only work part time. And because of those health problems I am not able to spend the time out in the ministry work as I would like. So yes I do have extra time to post here.
So if anyone has a problem with that issue..what can I say.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Why do we have to be involved with whatever ministries your speaking of when the Watchtower Society does that on it's own? Do you think when there is a natural disaster somewhere on the earth we only help JW's? Is that what your emplying?
I'm not impplying anything, I am outright saying that you refuse to follow Christ's commands, therefor you are not a Christian.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

I'm not impplying anything, I am outright saying that you refuse to follow Christ's commands, therefor you are not a Christian.
And exactly what command is that? Be careful that you really know what your speaking about...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10
2 edits

And exactly what command is that? Be careful that you really know what your speaking about...
re-read the dialogue, its apparent

edit: in case you're having trouble following along

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)

The Sheep and the Goats
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

case closed I win!!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

re-read the dialogue, its apparent
Who's dialogue?