Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
So basically you have no excuses in Australia?
Excuses for what?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
1000 percent increase since 1945, tell it to the chart Conrau.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses
As I said, no one I know has met a JW yet I can think of hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising. In the past month in fact several people have approached me offering bible classes 😴 . If your organisation is so devoted to preaching, where are they?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Excuses for what?
Is it really that hard for you to follow the conversation?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10

As I said, no one I know has met a JW yet I can think of hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising. In the past month in fact several people have approached me offering bible classes 😴 . If your organisation is so devoted to preaching, where are they?
hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising, pure bum, never met one in my life and I live next to two Catholic schools, Holy family primary and St. Ninians secondary. All i ever get is a wee leaflet about Easter popped through the door, Catholics don't preach. I wonder why? who can say?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising, pure bum, never met one in my life and I live next to two Catholic schools, Holy family primary and St. Ninians secondary. All i ever get is a wee leaflet about Easter popped through the door, Catholics don't preach. I wonder why? who can say?
hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising, pure bum, never met one in my life and I live next to two Catholic schools, Holy family primary and St. Ninians secondary.

Ok. Then you will have to explain why your Australian counterparts are so apathetic.

All i ever get is a wee leaflet about Easter popped through the door, Catholics don't preach. I wonder why? who can say?

Perhaps they preach in a different way, through their apostolic work, schools, hospitals, universities, etc (which I think more important and more effective than door knocking.) Preaching, in its strict sense, the expounding of Scripture on behalf of the Church, is only permissible to clergy.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
02 Oct 10
2 edits

As i stated to Noobster, i was unaware that the point was so succinctly put in our literature and i did search for it, so now you know, why are you harping on about it, if you are not in the figurative ark when the door closes then your toast.

P.S we don't actually believe in Hell, you may wish to concoct another reason perhaps more in harmony with OUR actual beliefs, not yours.
"Harping on about it" - it's a matter of spiritual life and death you conceited man.

If you weren't so uninformed of your own life and death doctrines and yet adamant of your own righteousness and other people's error, perhaps your arrogance would be less apparent and genuine enquirers of the JW beliefs (such as myself) would not have to chase you all over god's earth for an answer!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

Ok I'll try one other point of reasoning for you guys to dwell on.
In the 3 years that Jesus did the ministry work, how many times by way of miracles did he actually feed the poor? How many times did he clothe them? How many times did he give them housing? How many times did he cure their sicknesses? How many times did he bring ones back to life?
OK follow along here now and reason on this for a minute if you can.
With the power that Jesus had at his disposal to do these things, why did he only do them just a few times? Could he not have feed millions every day or cure everyone of sicknesses? With the power he had and the backing from his Father Jesus could have helped the whole world, or if not at least all the Jews, or at least the Jews in his area, or if nothing else at least cured all his immediate followers. But did he? What does the Bible state about those miracles? There really wasn't that many if you consider the 3 or so years Jesus actually was active in his ministry.
But....what did he do more then anything? No it was not performing miracles was it? It was the preaching and teaching work he did. Not only the from city to city and village to village and door to door, but he taught others how to do it and even told us to do it worldwide.
Also the apostles were given these powers for a time also. How much did they actually use it? Thousands of time? No, very little but like Jesus they spent most of their time and energy preaching and teaching.
So Jesus not only told us what to do but he set the example of what we are to be doing.
Helping others with physical problems which is important for sure, but according to Jesus's words and actions that is only a small part of the big picture.......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

[b]hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising, pure bum, never met one in my life and I live next to two Catholic schools, Holy family primary and St. Ninians secondary.

Ok. Then you will have to explain why your Australian counterparts are so apathetic.

All i ever get is a wee leaflet about Easter popped through the door, Ca ...[text shortened]... rict sense, the expounding of Scripture on behalf of the Church, is only permissible to clergy.
What? Lol. Only the clergy can preach and teach? That's the crux here of the whole problem. Who decided that? Is that Bible based? What did Jesus do? Who did he tell to do the preaching work?
If you can possibly figure this issue out and look at the Bible and what it actually says, you'll never understand that ALL of us are to be doing this teaching work.
Did Jesus not completely condemn those clergy class controlling fools?
Oh my...the obvious issue here is being so overlooked!!!!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by divegeester
"Harping on about it" - it's a matter of spiritual life and death you conceited man.

If you weren't so uninformed of your own [b]life and death
doctrines and yet adamant of your own righteousness and other people's error, perhaps your arrogance would be less apparent and genuine enquirers of the JW beliefs (such as myself) would not have to chase you all over god's earth for an answer![/b]
Your still stuck on that yes or no thing? Wow!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

What? Lol. Only the clergy can preach and teach? That's the crux here of the whole problem. Who decided that? Is that Bible based? What did Jesus do? Who did he tell to do the preaching work?
If you can possibly figure this issue out and look at the Bible and what it actually says, you'll never understand that ALL of us are to be doing this teaching ...[text shortened]... ose clergy class controlling fools?
Oh my...the obvious issue here is being so overlooked!!!!
But if the foot should say...

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
02 Oct 10

Your still stuck on that yes or no thing? Wow!
Yes, really sorry about that friend, it's a major inconvenience to ask direct questions to cult members who can't respond isn't it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

Yes, really sorry about that friend, it's a major inconvenience to ask direct questions to cult members who can't respond isn't it.
Lol...Sorry this big ole bad cult dissapoints you so with honest explinations.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
02 Oct 10

Lol...Sorry this big ole bad cult dissapoints you so with honest explinations.
It's OK I've always got Proper Knob to turn to when you get stuck on your own doctrines.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10
2 edits

If you weren't so uninformed of your own [b]life and death
doctrines and yet adamant of your own righteousness and other people's error, perhaps your arrogance would be less apparent and genuine enquirers of the JW beliefs (such as myself) would not have to chase you all over god's earth for an answer![/b]
well now that you know what are you going to do about it? it is after all, as you have stated a matter of life and death? and actually you have stated now, perhaps three or four times, both publicly and privately that you have no intention of ever joining that 'stupid cult', in becoming a Jehovahs Witness, did you not? are we now to presume that you have a change of heart? Had i located the answer i would have given it to you, as it was i tried to answer you to the best of my understanding, but it was not good enough for you. I reject you accusations of self righteousness and conceit!

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10
1 edit

hundreds of different Christians preaching and evangelising, pure bum, never met one in my life and I live next to two Catholic schools, Holy family primary and St. Ninians secondary. [/b]

All i ever get is a wee leaflet about Easter popped through the door, Ca rict sense, the expounding of Scripture on behalf of the Church, is only permissible to clergy.
there is my dear friend a difference between merely preaching and teaching, perhaps you might like to tell the forum what it is?

as for being permissible only to the clergy i would like you to produce scriptural evidence for this, for there is no distinction between clergy and laity among first century Christians nor us, for all are considered publishers of the good news.