Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Who's dialogue?
see above

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by duecer
see above
Your making no sense. Explain how we apply to that scripture?

rc

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I was showing my belief, that your organisations ideology would be best eradicated, which you got upset about, pails into insignificance compared to your belief that at some point in the future vast swathes of mankind will be eradicated. The eradication of billions, from your supposed 'God of love', will make the Holocaust look like a Sunday afternoon pi .

I still say there is a chance for you Rob to free yourself from this delusion also!
Noobster you were my greatest hope, now you have turned to the dark side of the force! I will never give up on anyone until the door of the figurative ark is closed! You will see paradise, i have hope towards my God that you will!

Actually I can honestly say that i did not know that we professed that you must be part of Jehovahs witnesses to survive the great tribulation, for during the debate with divejester, i could not find any reference in our literature and i did search. it was 1989 the article, indeed since there has been so significant developments in our beliefs although i don't think it has any has a bearing on this particular issue, but it may.

rc

Moves
01 Oct 10
2 edits

I was homeless at 17, supporting myself and alone. I know full well the struggle. Knocking on the cardboard box of a homeless person and offering them a copy of AWAKE! is not going to change their situation (except they may now have a two days supply of toilet paper.) When you are hungry, cold and miserable you're not listening when people tell you God loves hen you do, you do those same things to Christ...how then can you call yourself a Christian?
what are you talking about, knocking on the cardboard door and offering them awake isn't going to change their situation? we offer Bible studies you know, that have literally helped millions of persons enslaved to all manner of ills, from prostitution to drug abuse change their situation, so don't gimme that, making a mockery of the work that Christ entrusted to his disciples, the Kingdom preaching and teaching program!

Where were the churches when i was homeless? people walking about bus stations with blankets over their heads like ghosts, trying to find a corner of concrete to lay down on! Not one of them helped me except Jehovahs witnesses, no not one! shame on them! and shame on you for making a mockery of the teaching work which has helped millions alleviate the direst of situations and problems! It takes time, effort and a great deal of patience to really help someone , to help them apply Bible principles, many visits over years, not some quick fix, here have some soup and go and be well fed! It really cracks me up when i hear people bellitle it, who know not the power of Gods word to help a person in dire straights, but prefer Campbells tin of tomato soup instead!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what are you talking about, knocking on the cardboard door and offering them awake isnyt going to change their situation? we offer Bible studies you know, that have literally helped millions of persons enslaved to all manner of ills, from prostitution to drug abuse change their situation, so don't gimme that, making a mockery of the work that Chris ...[text shortened]... Gods word to help a person in dire straights, but prefer Campbells tin of tomato soup instead!
I'm sorry but I could do with some help seeing this one. I'll imagine myself out on the street as a drug dependent atheist (though nicotine being the worst I have actually experienced I can't really imagine what it's like to be addicted to cocaine and such), cold, wet, aching, dirty, tired, and disenchanted with my life, the world, and the greater proportion humanity.
As I 'wake up' from a restless night, shivering, anxious, hungry, and badly in need of a 'fix', what is of more use to me now? (important: given my lack of belief in an afterlife "now" may represent (from my own perspective) a significant proportion of my existence that remains should I fail to get food)

- a hot meal
- small change
or
- the knowledge that some god I don't believe in supposedly loves me, and for my eternal spiritual well being I should adopt the principles of Jehovah's witnesses and begin this process by reading through their literature.

??? 😕

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what are you talking about, knocking on the cardboard door and offering them awake isn't going to change their situation? we offer Bible studies you know, that have literally helped millions of persons enslaved to all manner of ills, from prostitution to drug abuse change their situation, so don't gimme that, making a mockery of the work that Chris ...[text shortened]... Gods word to help a person in dire straights, but prefer Campbells tin of tomato soup instead!
Church saved my life, a family took me in gave me a bed and fed me.

Make all the excuses you like, you are not obeying Christ, and damnation awaits you if you fail to show compassion to the lowest of society, its not me saying this, Jesus said it...believe him.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Your making no sense. Explain how we apply to that scripture?
being obtuse must be something they teach at the watchtower society

d

Moves
01 Oct 10

Church saved my life, a family took me in gave me a bed and fed me.

Make all the excuses you like, you are not obeying Christ, and damnation awaits you if you fail to show compassion to the lowest of society, its not me saying this, Jesus said it...believe him.
I would say the family saved your life, not the church.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

being obtuse must be something they teach at the watchtower society
Stop with the insults......Again explain if you can why that scripture refers to JW's? This is the last time I'll ask so if you can't answer with a civil tone, don't bother.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Stop with the insults......Again explain if you can why that scripture refers to JW's? This is the last time I'll ask so if you can't answer with a civil tone, don't bother.
I'll be civil when you are. You know exactly how it applies, your failed cult cares only about gaining new "publishers" and increasing their numbers than they do about the welfare of their fellow human beings. Christ will take you task for that at the judgment.

d

Moves
01 Oct 10

I'll be civil when you are. You know exactly how it applies, your failed cult cares only about gaining new "publishers" and increasing their numbers than they do about the welfare of their fellow human beings. Christ will take you task for that at the judgment.
What does your successful cult care about the most?

d

Moves
01 Oct 10

If that parable is truly the end all and be all of Christ's directives why don't you move to Africa and do something about the hungry, thirsty and unclothed there?

And I'm not talking about giving a quarter to World Vision every day.

Does the scripture only apply for those who are needy in your community or those who are needy on this planet?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by darvlay
What does your successful cult care about the most?
potluck dinners

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
If that parable is truly the end all and be all of Christ's directives why don't you move to Africa and do something about the hungry, thirsty and unclothed there?

And I'm not talking about giving a quarter to World Vision every day.

Does the scripture only apply for those who are needy in your community or those who are needy on this planet?
I have been on numerous mission trips, if my kids were grown I would consider doing that type of ministry, though there are people better suited than I. Still its important to financially support the existing ministries (which I do).

And yes, there are more than enough poor, distressed, sick and lonely people in our own back yard to keep us busy. My church of 50 in attendance feeds 32 families every week out of our self run food pantry, we also have a nursing home ministry, and the ladies in the church knit hats mittens and scarves all year for children who cannot afford warm clothing. For most Christians that I know its a way of life

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Well sorry to let you know but you are so completely wrong. Your confusing us with churches that have a paid preachers and that drive the big fancy cars and that need members to put lots of $$$$ in their collection plates that you HAVE to put money in. Yes you HAVE to other wise you'll get a sweet little letter from them reminding you that you missed doing that at the last service.
They moneys we get are strickily a donation and put in a contribution box back in a private corner of the Hall.
So no we don't "need" members..we "want" them so they can live.