Truth .. JW Style

Truth .. JW Style

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by duecer
I have been on numerous mission trips, if my kids were grown I would consider doing that type of ministry, though there are people better suited than I. Still its important to financially support the existing ministries (which I do).

And yes, there are more than enough poor, distressed, sick and lonely people in our own back yard to keep us busy. My church ...[text shortened]... for children who cannot afford warm clothing. For most Christians that I know its a way of life
Let me clear something up here. Not that it will matter to you but for someone else who might read this.
The offerings you make with your money and time is fantastic and very much appreciated by those who recieve it. And as you said and as we all know it is something that we are all supposed to do. And we do it too. So where you get your information from I don't know but if you knew what the Watchtower Society donates and spends each year on helping where it's needed you would surely think differently. But I know you don't see that or refuse to see that.
So all that is fine and wonderful and needed very much but the really BIG picture where most religions miss the point is that is only a part of what Jesus said to do.
Jehovah no doubt notices all these good things that individuals do for ones in need no matter where their at. And Jehovah reads hearts and when the day comes he reads your heart he will remember the good things you've done.
But again the point here is not you, or Manny or whoever else is here would be held accountable I hope for what your church does or doesn't do.
But the churches that are not seeing or are refusing to do what the Bible says to do in a complete way such as the preaching work we are all under obligation to do by Jesus's own words, will answer to God.
So if your doing at least some of these things that is great in my book. Thanks for doing that. But lay off the Witnesses because you do not have a clear picture of what we are doing earthwide....................

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Let me clear something up here. Not that it will matter to you but for someone else who might read this.
The offerings you make with your money and time is fantastic and very much appreciated by those who recieve it. And as you said and as we all know it is something that we are all supposed to do. And we do it too. So where you get your information fr ...[text shortened]... because you do not have a clear picture of what we are doing earthwide....................
I have a very clear picture, and the insinuation that yours is the only denomination doing preaching work is ludicrous.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

I have a very clear picture, and the insinuation that yours is the only denomination doing preaching work is ludicrous.
Ok then that's your view and that's fine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 10

In Australia, I have never come across a Jehovah's Witness preaching. I have had nuns knock at my door. The local church of Christ often visited my primary school (it was a state school.) At uni there is a strong representation of assorted Christians who run bible seminars and I have seen Mormons handing out pamphlets. So much for the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
In Australia, I have never come across a Jehovah's Witness preaching. I have had nuns knock at my door. The local church of Christ often visited my primary school (it was a state school.) At uni there is a strong representation of assorted Christians who run bible seminars and I have seen Mormons handing out pamphlets. So much for the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jehovah's WitnessesIn the 2006 Australian Census, it was found that Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia was 80,915 people strong, making up roughly 0.41% of the Australian belief landscape.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Jehovah's WitnessesIn the 2006 Australian Census, it was found that Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia was 80,915 people strong, making up roughly 0.41% of the Australian belief landscape.
So basically you have no excuses in Australia?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Oct 10

Church saved my life, a family took me in gave me a bed and fed me.

Make all the excuses you like, you are not obeying Christ, and damnation awaits you if you fail to show compassion to the lowest of society, its not me saying this, Jesus said it...believe him.
Jesus when you do this to the least of these you have done it to me. (A drink of water)

🙂

Manny

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10
3 edits

Church saved my life, a family took me in gave me a bed and fed me.

Make all the excuses you like, you are not obeying Christ, and damnation awaits you if you fail to show compassion to the lowest of society, its not me saying this, Jesus said it...believe him.
i am not making excuses for you nor your churches unwillingness to really help people spiritually. Helping others through teaching is the greatest compassion anyone can show, for you are leading them to life, so no more of your feeble excuses of tins of tomato soup, how you fail to discern the work of the Christ and his apostles, who filled Jerusalem with their teaching, and Paul, Silas, Barnabas who sent the teaching out into the 'entire inhabited earth', i do not know, perhaps you prefer the stones to cry out fior you, who can say. NO EXCUSES for you Deucer.

I repeat the phrase,

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

We help people how to live life! which dignifies them and equips them for life, not to be condescended to by 'real Christians', in nice cosy homes handing them out soup with comforting smiles of compassion on their faces. See to it Deucer, and don't let me down!

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
I'm sorry but I could do with some help seeing this one. I'll imagine myself out on the street as a drug dependent atheist (though nicotine being the worst I have actually experienced I can't really imagine what it's like to be addicted to cocaine and such), cold, wet, aching, dirty, tired, and disenchanted with my life, the world, and the greater proportion h ah's witnesses and begin this process by reading through their literature.

??? 😕
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

We teach people how to live, not in some fairy tale of an afterlife. Your way out on this one Agers, way out. Its the application of Biblical principles in a very real way that shall help someone overcome all manner of ill. If a doctor prescribes a course of medication and you refuse to take it, where does the responsibility lay, with you or the doctor?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10

So basically you have no excuses in Australia?
perhaps you are scary?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by menace71
Jesus when you do this to the least of these you have done it to me. (A drink of water)

🙂

Manny
water? water? try seeing past the Physical oh melancholy Manfred!

(John 4:14) . . .Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life. . .

help people how to live,

ENGLAND

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
...I used your literature to prove a point that your were evading, namely only JW's will be saved...
err...if someone...anyone...someone from the JW's preferably...could kindly confirm this statement...then I would like to join your organisation as I don't want to go to hell.

We can discuss terms later.

Thank you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you are scary?
No one I know has ever encountered a JW. My mother claims to have received members of the mysterious Moony cult, which is fairly close. It seems to me that the JWs do not have a very effective evangelising strategy.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by divegeester
err...if someone...anyone...someone from the JW's preferably...could kindly confirm this statement...then I would like to join your organisation as I don't want to go to hell.

We can discuss terms later.

Thank you.
As i stated to Noobster, i was unaware that the point was so succinctly put in our literature and i did search for it, so now you know, why are you harping on about it, if you are not in the figurative ark when the door closes then your toast.

P.S we don't actually believe in Hell, you may wish to concoct another reason perhaps more in harmony with OUR actual beliefs, not yours.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 10
2 edits

No one I know has ever encountered a JW. My mother claims to have received members of the mysterious Moony cult, which is fairly close. It seems to me that the JWs do not have a very effective evangelising strategy.
1000 percent increase since 1945, tell it to the chart Conrau.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

oh i may add those number only reflect average ACTIVE publishers of the good news, not pew sitters.