1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 11:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Now you are constantly use your dear book to back you up. But what is backing up the bible? It's nothing but a good story book you know. By the way, I've read the Ring Trilogy, that's another good book you can learn much from.

And you like prophecies a lot, then I have to recommend Nostradamus scripture. Read and interprete and you can see that whateve ...[text shortened]... y! Shiva, Nostradamus and the Bagger's family are reality proved by books and experiences!
    Nostrodomus gave us names and dates that were wrong. So what about the calendar that Daneil provided? In fact, Rabbis in the Talmud calculated the date given in Daniel as pointing to the time of Chrsit, yet, since they rejected Christ they came to the conclusion that God must have changed his mind about sending the Messiah because of the sinfulness of Israel. Go figure?

As far as the teachings of Christ, I have no issue witih any of them, do you? As far as the Shiva religion, I am not familiar with it but so long as it I did not take issue with any of its teachings I could not speak against it, no matter from which it originated.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 11:46
    I agree totally. Christianity started with Jesus. The old testament became obsolete.
    But still there are so many obsolete semi jew christians, believing in the cruel god of OT, believing in the old legends of the creation and flooding and burning bush and everything. When will they learn?

Why not get rid of (1) old testament) and (2) revelations (res ...[text shortened]... amus, as much as the halucinations of drug adicts) once and for all, and become real christians?
    because dogma is a hard thing to change. nobody wants to take responibility in the face of god and remove something that he might have really wanted to be in the "big book of stuff".

best to leave it all there and each one reading it takes responsibility for what he chooses to believe. if you are a good christian and you believe in the noah story the most that can happen to you is be laughed at in heaven. or maybe you get a bigger mansion for being a very devout follower that you were willing to believe any joke god sends you. and maybe the evolutionists get to sweep the streets because nobody likes a know it all.

we go through life trying to make the best of it. we do not know what religion is best. maybe the mormons are right. maybe tom cruise is right. what we do know is that we do our best and hope for the best.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 11:491 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i have faith that i will fall if i jump off a cliff
    i know i will fall if i jump off a cliff

which one of these is more aproppriate?

faith implies no evidence. if there is evidence one way or the other, faith is no longer an issue. then it is a fact. nobody needs to have faith in gravitation.

just that you believe the bible is proof enough of god use the bible says the bible is true and you will be kicked out of any intelligent people club
    i have faith that i will fall if i jump off a cliff

Meaningless drivel.

Are you sure the drugs have worn off?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 11:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nostrodomus gave us names and dates that were wrong. So what about the calendar that Daneil provided? In fact, Rabbis in the Talmud calculated the date given in Daniel as pointing to the time of Chrsit, yet, since they rejected Christ they came to the conclusion that God must have changed his mind about sending the Messiah because of the sinfulness of Israe ...[text shortened]... ssue with any of its teachings I could not speak against it, no matter from which it originated.
    i would like to see the prophecy where nostradamus gave specific dates and names. i recall nostradamus being clever enought to be ambigous in his fortune cookie bussiness. that is why, given a large amount of time, and unless a comets strikes and whipes humanity, an event resembling any prophecy will come true.

shiva is a god in hinduism. one of the three grand poobahs of that religion.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 12:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]i have faith that i will fall if i jump off a cliff

Meaningless drivel.

Are you sure the drugs have worn off?[/b]
    i can agree it is meaningless drivel. if you could be bothered to actually do more than just make claims. where are your arguments supporting your statement? where are your counter arguments to what i said?

you do know how a debate works right? because your manner of debating was supposed to go away when you turned 10
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 12:17
    because dogma is a hard thing to change. nobody wants to take responibility in the face of god and remove something that he might have really wanted to be in the "big book of stuff".

best to leave it all there and each one reading it takes responsibility for what he chooses to believe. if you are a good christian and you believe in the noah story the mos ...[text shortened]... ight. maybe tom cruise is right. what we do know is that we do our best and hope for the best.
    Better be taken seriously in life time, than be the big laugh afterward, as I use to say.

You see evolutionists as 'know-it-all'? Well, I think you are right in that. I see creationists as 'tight-minded'. I think I'm right in that too.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 14:38
    Are you aware of how many times the "Hitchhikers Way to the Galaxy" is quoted? Does it make the story more or less true, more or less obsolete?

Who are those people quoting the Old Testament? Semi jew christians? or Jew wannabees?
    you are confusing the search for truth with whether the first part of a publication corroborates the second part. given your analogy, are we therefore to assume that the first half of the book is fiction and the second half is real, i think not!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 14:41
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Religion is for no-brainers

Most sensible thing you've said yet.[/b]
    The bible is the most widely published book in the history of humanity, no other book even comes close, yet it must be the most maligned and the least understood, especially by so called educated people. That is a matter of extreme consternation.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 14:59
    i would like to see the prophecy where nostradamus gave specific dates and names. i recall nostradamus being clever enought to be ambigous in his fortune cookie bussiness. that is why, given a large amount of time, and unless a comets strikes and whipes humanity, an event resembling any prophecy will come true.

shiva is a god in hinduism. one of the three grand poobahs of that religion.
    Ok, so if Nostrodomus gave not dates and no calendars for anything, then there is little to be verified. As for Daniel, however, this is not the case.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 14:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The bible is the most widely published book in the history of humanity, no other book even comes close, yet it must be the most maligned and the least understood, especially by so called educated people. That is a matter of extreme consternation.
    To coin a great film quote -

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 15:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    To coin a great film quote -

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
    Lol, very funny noobster ! and it illustrates the point, spirituality is for super brainy persons!
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 15:15
    given your analogy, are we therefore to assume that the first half of the book is fiction and the second half is real, i think not!
    Okay, both parts of the bible is fiction, happy?

But I still se the words of Jesus as an opus of a great philosopher. Even if it's not from his mouth exactly, just hearsay.
    The letters of Paul, it's low to peek into other's letters...
    The relevation? As any hallucinations from drug addicts.
    Left are the Gospels. They are fine.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 15:331 edit
    Okay, both parts of the bible is fiction, happy?

But I still se the words of Jesus as an opus of a great philosopher. Even if it's not from his mouth exactly, just hearsay.
    The letters of Paul, it's low to peek into other's letters...
    The relevation? As any hallucinations from drug addicts.
    Left are the Gospels. They are fine.
    happy, why would i be happy at such an unsubstantiated and knowingly provocative statement. Would you be happy? i think not my Nordic cousin! If you wish to believe that it contains fictional elements and characters, then perhaps you could point these out! You may state, with some certainty that it contains symbolic elements, but fictional, well that is another story.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 15:39
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Just because the bible says it, why is it true?
    why do people read Plato, Epictetus, and Marcus Aurelius? There is no proof of there ascertations, theology is a branch of philosophy. It is simply how one views the world
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 15:41
    happy, why would i be happy at such an unsubstantiated and knowingly provocative statement. Would you be happy? i think not my Nordic cousin! If you wish to believe that it contains fictional elements and characters, then perhaps you could point these out! You may state, with some certainty that it contains symbolic elements, but fictional, well that is another story.
    I just followed you, my friend, I quoted your words: "are we therefore to assume that the first half of the book is fiction and the second half is real, i think not!" Again: "the second half is real, i think not!" Don't blame *me* for quoting *you*...

You are easily provocable...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree