1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    You managed to silence DeepThought with your Holocaust denier comparison though.
    I don't "silence" anybody.

WHO have I, sonship, "silenced" here?? Nobody.

Its a JOKE that I somehow "silenced" anybody. If he didn't reply further to me, I don't count that as silencing someone who is of the same opinion still.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:42
    FMF: You managed to silence DeepThought with your Holocaust denier comparison though.

Originally posted by sonship
    I don't "silence" anybody.

WHO have I, sonship, "silenced" here?? Nobody.

Its a JOKE that I somehow "silenced" anybody. If he didn't reply further to me, I don't count that as silencing someone who is of the same opinion still.
    But he did reply to you. Very explicitly. And very clearly. About what it meant to him for you to liken him to a Holocaust denier and that he could not possibly continue discourse with you after an insult of that kind. Surely you apologized to him privately?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:472 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are "warning" me that I need "forgiveness" from your god figure for my "offences" to you?
    That's right about your offenses to everyone. I am telling you (you can regard it as warning also) that him who has been forgiven much forgives much. And you need forgiveness from MY GOD - the Lord Jesus Christ.

Forget about torment afterwards. Living in such a state as unable to forgive and forget old wounds is torment enough for a man of your age.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:48
    Forget about torment afterwards. Living in such a state as unable to forgive and forget old wounds is torment enough for a man of your age.
    What "torment" are you referring to?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:541 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What "torment" are you referring to?
    Most of your words here come off to me as of the thoughts of a soul without rest.
    Deny it with a pleasant smile now.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:58
    Most of your words here come off to me of the thoughts of a soul without rest.
    Deny it with a pleasant smile now.
    Then you have been getting the wrong end of the stick. There is no "torment" for me in the things you say at all. I think you are overestimating the traction of your superstitious pronouncements and your occasional attempts at Christian "trash talk".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 14:59
    FMF: You are "warning" me that I need "forgiveness" from your god figure for my "offences" to you?

That's right about your offenses to everyone.
    What "offences"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:112 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What "offences"?
    Exactly the point. Good post.
    You're unconscious of your offenses but only aware of being offended.

Now if you don't mind, or even if you do mind, I return to the topic of the OP.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:16
    FMF: What "offences"?

Exactly the point.
    It was a question. I am asking you what "offences" you are referring to.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:22
    Ask God about offenses you have against people in your life.
    You have some.
    I don't need to know them.

You have many.
    Ask your God about what you have done for which others were injured.

Don't try to make it a personal situation only between you and me because that was not my point. I think that that was you failed maneuver, to make your transgressions only a matter about me.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:23
    Ask God about offenses you have against people in your life.
    You have some.
    I don't need to know them.
    You were talking about this forum and my interactions with you. And I am asking you what "offences" you are referring to that you believe I need "forgiveness" for from your god figure..
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then you have been getting the wrong end of the stick. There is no "torment" for me in the things you say at all. I think you are overestimating the traction of your superstitious pronouncements and your occasional attempts at Christian "trash talk".
    Did I say it was because of things I said ?

If I never say another word to you or never said word to you, you have transgressions.

Go ask them about it. See how they felt.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:281 edit
    Don't try to make it a personal situation only between you and me because that was not my point.
    What was your point then ~ if not a "personal" one ~ when you typed all this on the previous page:

You have a real serious problem with remembering personal offenses.

Your "remembrance" of my words lack often a realistic recall [edited] of the context and way I said something.

I think that what you remember is what you FELT.
    I think you remember the FEELING you had when you read such words.

I don't think you well remember context and actually the way something was said.

The Lord Jesus said to [b]"Take heed how you hear"
    I think your hearing is damaged by your very subjective defense mechanisms.
    What you remember is the feeling of being offended.

I do not intend to dig up that old discussion. For your review of it is false. No, I did not and would not say everyone who does not believe is like a Holocaust denier in a moral sense.

YOU honed into the moral aspect of being a Holocaust denier. As I recall, my reference was to the definiteness of the historical realism of what happened. And that denial I think i compared to a denial of some aspect of the history of the Christian church (probably regarding its founder Christ).

That discussion is gone now. And unless you can reproduce it from the archive I certainly don't trust your memory of what I wrote in context and in tone.

Basically, I use the Holocaust to argue that only after that generation passed away many times over, would anyone dare to deny that it happened.

You appear to me to be a man with grudges and unforgiven offenses a mile long.
    Maybe one day if you realize what God is willing to forgive you, you would be more willing to forgive and forget offenses you feel from others.

Go muse on that for a good rememberance. The reason you're going to lick your wounds for the rest of your life until you die, is most likely because you don't know how much you yourself need forgiveness for your offenses to others.

See? Now you got a bit of the Gospel again. I warned you.
    You're full of unforgiveness because you don't appreciate how much you yourself need forgiveness from God in Christ.

Now since you really remember stuff I write for years, remember that bit of writing.

You must have addressed me with the word "you" more than 30 times. So it wasn't your "point" to make it personal?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:30
    Did I say it was because of things I said ?

If I never say another word to you or never said word to you, you have transgressions.

Go ask them about it. See how they felt.
    What "transgressions"? Who is "them"? What does any of this have to do with your god figure?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    What was your point then ~ if not a "personal" one ~ when you typed all this on the previous page:

[b]You have a real serious problem with remembering personal offenses.

Your "remembrance" of my words lack often a realistic recall [edited] of the context and way I said something.

I think that what you remember is what you FELT.
    I think you remember t ...[text shortened]... ressed me with the word "you" more than 30 times. So it wasn't your "point" to make it personal?
    You must have addressed me with the word "you" more than 30 times. So it wasn't your "point" to make it personal?

It was not my point that I was only concerned with your treatment of me personally.
    Nice try - "you".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree