1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 07:08
    Increasing degrees of higher-order life from entropic chaos, continually developing by random chance...?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 07:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Increasing degrees of higher-order life from entropic chaos, continually developing by random chance...?
    It wasn't entropic chaos. Entropy increases over time, not decreases.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 07:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It wasn't entropic chaos. Entropy increases over time, not decreases.
    Agreed that entropy increases over time which supports the premise of the op.

Are you saying the early stages of earth's development were not chaotic then?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 07:391 edit
    Yes. Well, depends what you mean by "chaotic" I suppose. It was a state of low entropy.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 07:47
    Agreed that entropy increases over time which supports the premise of the op.

Are you saying the early stages of earth's development were not chaotic then?
    entropy increases in an isolated system.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 09:36
    What do you mean by 'random chance' here? Have you thought about it?
    If drop some sand into a jar of water, is it random chance that the sand ends up at the bottom of the jar?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 10:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What do you mean by 'random chance' here? Have you thought about it?
    If drop some sand into a jar of water, is it random chance that the sand ends up at the bottom of the jar?
    I see your point, but it is highly unlikely that the sand would get in the jar on it's own.
  8. Utrecht
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 12:38
    Just as it is highly unlikely that someone put it there.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 15:40
    Originally posted by Sake
    You mean that despite the 2nd law of thermodynamics; animate life emerging and continuing to evolve for millions of years into higher and higher forms of life from inanimate material, is just as unlikely as the creation of that life life? I agree with you.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 16:38
    Originally posted by Sake
    It sounds to me like he means it is highly unlikely that someone put
    the sand in the jar.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 16:51
    We soon depart Spirituality and get to entropy and the Drake equation which are science.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 17:05
    You mean that despite the 2nd law of thermodynamics; animate life emerging and continuing to evolve for millions of years into higher and higher forms of life from inanimate material, is just as unlikely as the creation of that life life? I agree with you.
    Organisms excrete entropy when they exhale, poo and pee. This allows the organism to become less entropic while still increasing total entropy.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 17:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    We soon depart Spirituality and get to entropy and the Drake equation which are science.
    It seems like real science at the beginning of the article, but it becomes
    disappointing at the end to find that it is only science fiction.
  14. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 19:30
    The thing that bothers me most is that people actually belief that a dot this big --->> . exploded and from that, all of what is now today exists. And then from this explosion it just happened to rain for millions of years until a soup formed. And then millions of years later this evolved into bla bla bla.

Where is the documents, the evidence recorded for this? How the heck can you know you where something before? This is why evolution has many laughable theories which is good for when standing next a BBQ.
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 19:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    What a load of junk - I cant believe I spend time reading stuff like this but at the end it just shows how many fools there are in the world.

The only other life that exists that people will never find on their own is Heaven. Other than that there is nothing and if there was, and if they were better as most people ALWAYS say, wouldn't they have made contact with us?

This is one horror story you don't tell your kids.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree