1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 05:25
    Originally posted by sumydid
    So is this where I'm supposed to disingenuously flail my arms and play the victim card, and claim that you, in bigoted fashion, labeled all Christians to be "brainless?"

That's how the game is played, right?

Then I can claim that you have insulted my family members and go on for a whole paragraph about why I have a "visceral disgust" for you and your i ...[text shortened]... I'm not about to change my personality just to score a few points on a silly forum.
    No. This is where you're supposed to quietly reflect on why you arouse such ire when you and your fellow Christians start declaiming on the morality of homosexual sexual activity. This is where you're supposed to ask yourself whether you're perhaps on the wrong side of this debate, if you and your fellow Christians inspire disgust and revulsion in others. This is where you should ask yourself whether your gut feelings, or passages from a two-thousand year-old book, serve as adequate premises for conclusions that, when either made into public policy or merely informing the private sphere, create second-class citizens, hurt people, and undermine the possibility of loving family relationships. You know, I hope you do get judged by a loving God. Because, as it regards this civil-rights issue, you have some explaining to do.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 05:41
    Originally posted by bbarr
    No. This is where you're supposed to quietly reflect on why you arouse such ire when you and your fellow Christians start declaiming on the morality of homosexual sexual activity. This is where you're supposed to ask yourself whether you're perhaps on the wrong side of this debate, if you and your fellow Christians inspire disgust and revulsion in others. T ...[text shortened]... loving God. Because, as it regards this civil-rights issue, you have some explaining to do.
    I remember reading just recently, where Jesus Christ was ridiculed by a group of men and told He was on the wrong side of the debate. He said, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God."

The point isn't to say you are anyone else is an abomination. The point is, Christians expect you to say we are on the wrong side of the debate, and we are encouraged not to change our position just to gain favor with you.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 05:51
    I remember reading just recently, where Jesus Christ was ridiculed by a group of men and told He was on the wrong side of the debate. He said, [b]"You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God."

The point isn't to say you are anyone else is an abominati ...[text shortened]... of the debate, and we are encouraged not to change our position just to gain favor with you.[/b]
    Well that's certainly an effective way of insulating your beliefs from the reasons of others. You needn't be bothered by whatever suffering or inequity your views cause or allow; these are just the justifications of men...
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 06:24
    Well that's certainly an effective way of insulating your beliefs from the reasons of others. You needn't be bothered by whatever suffering or inequity your views cause or allow; these are just the justifications of men...
    A differing opinion doesn't cause suffering.

I know that doesn't mesh with our victim card rhetoric, but it's just a fact.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 07:49
    My buds (though somwhat younger) insist we'll be alive to see the end times. I'm thinking we've got several decades to go at least.

You?
    I doubt I will still be alive since I am already 67 years old. But who can tell?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 07:59
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Are you serious?
    Very serious indeed. I believe it was a prophecy from someone from
    the early church. I learned of it about twenty years ago and can't
    remember all the details. It contained the number of Popes that there
    would be until the last Pope and at the time I heard of it there was
    only a few to go before that number was reached. I did not pay much
    attention to it at the time but this discussion has brought it back to my
    mind, but I can not remember what the numbers was now.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Very serious indeed. I believe it was a prophecy from someone from
    the early church. I learned of it about twenty years ago and can't
    remember all the details. It contained the number of Popes that there
    would be until the last Pope and at the time I heard of it there was
    only a few to go before that number was reached. I did not pay much
    attention ...[text shortened]... is discussion has brought it back to my
    mind, but I can not remember what the numbers was now.
    So there's some prophesy, by some guy you can't remember, with details you can't properly recall, and you take this very seriously?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 08:07
    A differing opinion doesn't cause suffering.

I know that doesn't mesh with our victim card rhetoric, but it's just a fact.
    Yes, he sounds like a real victim of Christian abuse. 😀
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 15:13
    No. This is where you're supposed to quietly reflect on why you arouse such ire when you and your fellow Christians start declaiming on the morality of homosexual sexual activity. This is where you're supposed to ask yourself whether you're perhaps on the wrong side of this debate, if you and your fellow Christians inspire disgust and revulsion in others. T ...[text shortened]... loving God. Because, as it regards this civil-rights issue, you have some explaining to do.
    You know, I hope you do get judged by a loving God.

If that is your main concern, you may rest assured that "judgment begins at the house of God".

We believers in the Lord Jesus will be examined by the Lord.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree