1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 10:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need to find your own, Dasa. Spirituality is, to me, is about curiosity and proactivity not sumbission and conformity. Conduct your own quest. Forge your own path.

As you already know, within my terms of reference, you are not an impressive spiritual person. I think you are one of the most inept advocates of a belief system that I have ever come across. ...[text shortened]... repeatedly. I have no "presentation" for you. I have no "instructions" to issue you with.
    What makes you think I want you to introduce me to them........I dont and never meant that.

You have said they are impressive, and to know this you would know what they stand for and believe.........so you can simply tell me what makes them impressive and what do they believe and teach to others, and in this way I may learn.

This is the spirituality forum and this is a standard question to ask I would think.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 12:102 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have said they are impressive, and to know this you would know what they stand for and believe.........so you can simply tell me what makes them impressive and what do they believe and teach to others, and in this way I may learn.
    If they should choose to join this forum and want to discuss the details of their beliefs with you, then you will be able to ask them. I have no reason to speak on their behalf here. As for my own beliefs, I have no interest in trying to impose them on you or in justifying them in your eyes.

So far - having directed you to a thread where my theism and beliefs were explained and examined in a mostly open-minded discussion - you have called them fabricated, worthless, uninformed, whimsical, nonsense, dishonest, bogus, you have called my life a "delusional existence", and you have compared me to a 7 year old child, a criminal, a drug addict, a monkey, a pig eating feces, you have told me I am a "lower species", "crazy with anger", "living in ignorance", that I use tactics "to conceal the truth", that I am "misdirecting the people", that I am "clearly making false statements", you have tried to smear me and others as "barbaric, corrupt, greedy, selfish, bewildered, fearful, anxious" simply because I have politely rejected your assertions that your opinions are "universal truths".

Even in their absence, or without their knowledge - and despite the fact that your contempt and hostility would have no bearing whatsoever on their lives or thoughts - I am not going to subject my friends and their belief systems to the kind of abusive, insulting onslaught that you indulge in on this forum every day.

I reject your assertions that I must adopt your belief system. I am not a religionist so I feel no compulsion to "present" my beliefs to you or to try to "instruct" you.

In addition to rejecting your assertions, I also reject your disgraceful forum persona.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 13:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    If they should choose to join this forum and want to discuss the details of their beliefs with you, then you will be able to ask them. I have no reason to speak on their behalf here. As for my own beliefs, I have no interest in trying to impose them on you or in justifying them in your eyes.

So far - having directed you to a thread where my theism and belief ...[text shortened]... o rejecting your assertions, I also reject your disgraceful forum persona.
    Are you a atheist pretending to be a theist.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 13:28
    Are you a atheist pretending to be a theist.
    I described my belief system in a thread entitled "I am a theist", which I started when I was using the screen name John W. Booth a couple of months ago. Didn't you read it? Why do you feel the need to accuse people who disagree with you of being liars?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 16:47
    Originally posted by FMF

So far - having directed you to a thread where my theism and belief ...[text shortened]... o rejecting your assertions, I also reject your disgraceful forum persona.
    Why have you taken out of context what I have said to make what I have said seem different than what it actually is........ because in context what I have said is non-abusive or insulting but instead very informative and accurate describing your manipulative word games.

This is once more another tactic exposing you as being purposefully manipulative to attack the innocent messenger, who is simply trying to get a straight forward response from you.

I have asked for instruction by posing as a 17 yr old enquiring and you have still not given any, but have said to read, think, be positive and curious which are not spiritual instructions at all but a throw off..... of the soughts.

Your "theist" thread is the same, and is a throw off as well, and not really explaining anything of value or depth. .....and why are you so evasive with your answers and responding with manipulative comments.

You whimsically reject the authority and present nothing.....so once again...... are you an atheist posing as a theist to play mind games with the other posters, and especially me.

Your manipulative evasive manner certainly describes an atheist playing his mind games.

So once again what does this impressive person do and believe that has made you even mention him in the first place.....it does seem that your self styled spirituality has been influenced by this person, so my question is genuine......and you could easily answer the question without giving me the persons phone number and address and name..........is that true?.... and remember I am still being that 17yr old and I am not satisfied with the answer given before.

You do realize that if you answer the question we will be moving forward for the first time in about 100 posts......for at the moment you have presented nothing of value.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 22:295 edits
    Why have you taken out of context what I have said to make what I have said seem different than what it actually is........ because in context what I have said is non-abusive or insulting but instead very informative and accurate describing your manipulative word games.

This is once more another tactic exposing you as being purposefully manipulative to attac the first time in about 100 posts......for at the moment you have presented nothing of value.
    Since you are almost 60, you cannot pretend to have the mind of a 17 year old. When I said 'tell that to the inuit', I got the feeling you don't even know who they are. Your statement that all religions come from Vedic teachings is ridiculous, the essence of arrogance. You think Vedic teachings came into Northern Canada, Siberia? You never answered that nor did you answer my question about cells living outside the body, whether they possess souls.

After a few thousand years, ANY culture can come up with onion layers of theology and worth nothing, including your own.

BTW, when you talk about 'there' religion and such, it is spelled their. You go to their village, when you get back you can say "I went there".

The word "their" is a possessive pronoun, 'Their loaf of bread', 'It is their sins we speak of', "there" is an adverb, as in "We are going there tomorrow" "There is the tomato you lost".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 00:55

This is once more another tactic exposing you as being purposefully manipulative to attac ...[text shortened]... the first time in about 100 posts......for at the moment you have presented nothing of value.

You are insulting and abusive in almost every post. To accuse people - including me - of lying is insulting and abusive. For you to frame your accusations of deceit as "very informative" is risible.

I have asked for instruction by posing as a 17 yr old enquiring and you have still not given any, but have said to read, think, be positive and curious which are not spiritual instructions at all but a throw off..... of the soughts.

So you didn't approve of my answer. I understand.

Your "theist" thread is the same, and is a throw off as well, and not really explaining anything of value or depth. .....and why are you so evasive with your answers and responding with manipulative comments.

So you think that my beliefs have no value or depth. I understand what you are saying.

You whimsically reject the authority and present nothing

I haven't rejected anything "whimsically". I don't recognize or submit to the "authority" you cite. I don't "present" you with anything more than my honest revelations about what I believe because I am not a religionist, I don't claim to have 'instructions from God' to "present" to you. I have said all these things dozens of times. You ask over and over again even when I have made myself clear.

So once again what does this impressive person do and believe that has made you even mention him in the first place

I have responded to this already. Clearly and firmly. It seems you don't approve of my answer.

remember I am still being that 17yr old and I am not satisfied with the answer given before.

You still being "not satisfied" is of no consequence to me. I answered the question clearly and honestly.

You do realize that if you answer the question we will be moving forward for the first time in about 100 posts

You have been forced to make a major, general apology twice to this community. And yet, neither time did you seem to move forward. I have always answered questions honestly and explained carefully why I do not accept the assertions you make about your belief system and mine. You always end up telling me that I have presented nothing of value etc. etc. ad nauseam. I afford you more respect than you afford me. One wonders why this is so.

You do realize that if you answer the question we will be moving forward for the first time in about 100 posts......for at the moment you have presented nothing of value.

It's a pity you feel that way. Perhaps you are being sincere, even if your apologies to the forum - and your promises to exhibit more common decency - were apparently not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree