1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:33
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Dasa likes to present the eternal truths of Vedanta and inform persons of the error in substitute religion and false science.....for the benefit of the innocent person.

But persons who follow substitute religion and false science get angry when the falsity of their teaching is exposed, and then claim Dasa is insulting them....this is their prerogative.
    I can't remember you ever "exposing" anything. You simply assert things, cite an "authority" that is relevant only to your own belief system, and then insult people who see things differently from you by suggesting that they are lying, being dishonest, deliberately fabricating things and so on. You have, over the last year or so, had to make a major apology to the entire community no less than twice for your abusive and insulting behaviour. Are you now retracting those apologies?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can't remember you ever "exposing" anything. You simply assert things, cite an "authority" that is relevant only to your own belief system, and then insult people who see things differently from you by suggesting that they are lying, being dishonest, deliberately fabricating things and so on. You have, over the last year or so, had to make a major apology to t ...[text shortened]... han twice for your abusive and insulting behaviour. Are you now retracting those apologies?
    I have exposed plenty, and everyone who is not genuine became crazy with anger............like you.

I gave the people what they wanted, an apology dripping with sincerity.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:51
    I have exposed plenty, and everyone who is not genuine became crazy with anger............like you.
    You are mistaken. I am not angry in the slightest.

And you are also mistaken in your use the word "exposed", Dasa.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 06:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are mistaken. I am not angry in the slightest.

And you are also mistaken in your use the word "exposed", Dasa.
    So you are constantly in this forum complaining, so let me ask you this, my fellow forum person.....

Just pretend I am a young man of 17 and I want to know the truth of life to guide me for the rest of it, and I am coming to you for advice.....what advice shall you give me, please instruct me.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 06:27
    So you are constantly in this forum complaining, so let me ask you this, my fellow forum person.....

Just pretend I am a young man of 17 and I want to know the truth of life to guide me for the rest of it, and I am coming to you for advice.....what advice shall you give me, please instruct me.
    Depends on the 17 year old. This one staying at my place has nothing more to hear from me. He is ready to go inside and find his own answers.

But yeah, a course in the vedas would be a good start. Whats FMF got?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 06:29
    I would say something along the lines of:

'Treat the incessant assertions of obsessive, abusive religionists like vishavetu/Dasa with caution. Treat people who assert that they know what 'God's instructions' are with caution. Consider how their agenda might be rooted in their psychological needs rather than genuine spiritual insights.

Stick up for your right to conduct - and the validity of - your own spiritual explorations and deliberations and your resolution choose your own spiritual path. Read, listen, discuss, think.

Don't let people calling you a liar, or dishonest, or a "child abuser", or telling you that you are of a "lower species", or that you are "mad", or "like a pig eating feces"... don't let this kind of cyber-bullying intimidate you. Don't be negative. Be positive. Be curious. Be honest with yourself.'

That'd be my advice.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 06:31
    So you are constantly in this forum complaining...
    I have never "complained" about the content of your belief system - in so far as it doesn't claim to have "authority" over me. I have only complained about the raw personal abuse you heap on people who do not share your beliefs, and about your misuse of vocabulary.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 07:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would say something along the lines of:

[b]'Treat the incessant assertions of obsessive, abusive religionists like vishavetu/Dasa with caution. Treat people who assert that they know what 'God's instructions' are with caution. Consider how their agenda might be rooted in their psychological needs rather than genuine spiritual insights.

Stick up for you ...[text shortened]... Be positive. Be curious. Be honest with yourself.'

That'd be my advice.[/b]
    So you have nothing of any substance to offer this 17 yr old.

He,s coming for direction and you say just do your own thing.. and read a book and invent your own personal spirituality.

Criminals do there own thing.

Drug addicts do there own thing.

Monkeys do there own thing.

So you have nothing to offer and yet you reject the true authority on spirituality.... that's out of balance.

If you reject something you must replace it with something of equal standing or better.

Rejecting whimsically can be done by a 7 yr old child, so there is no credit in your rejecting....its nothing to be proud of, and any uninformed person can reject whimsically anything and everything.

In fact that is what everybody does anyway....if they dont like something they reject it.

If the law of the land says being cruel to animals is wrong.....some persons who have no conscience will say ......" I reject that"

What book should he read?....... Darwins evolution, the Bible, the Koran,

Have another take on this and present what this young man should do, to understand what is this thing, we call life....because you are rejecting everything and anything, but present nothing.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 08:151 edit
    Have another take on this and present what this young man should do, to understand what is this thing, we call life....because you are rejecting everything and anything, but present nothing.
    I'd advise him to do what I have done and what all the most impressive spiritual people have done. Read, listen, discuss, think. Be open minded. Be positive. Be curious. Be honest with yourself in your spiritual endeavour. Spirituality is about "searching" and "finding" not about "presenting". I leave the "presenting" to religionists like you.

I'll leave it to the likes of you to claim to be talking on behalf of "true authority". Your assertions are not relevant or credible to me. Nor would they be relevant or credible to a healthy, inquiring 17 year old mind if it had been nurtured in a positive, curious and open minded spiritual environment.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 08:17
    Rejecting whimsically can be done by a 7 yr old child, so there is no credit in your rejecting....its nothing to be proud of, and any uninformed person can reject whimsically anything and everything.
    I have told you several times that there is nothing whimsical about my intellectual and emotional approach to spirituality.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 08:20
    If you reject something you must replace it with something of equal standing or better.
    Spoken like a typical religionist. I don't have to - or want to - "replace" your belief system. What I "reject" is your assertion that I have to adopt yours.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 08:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd advise him to do what I have done and what all the most impressive spiritual people have done. Read, listen, discuss, think. Be open minded. Be positive. Be curious. Be honest with yourself in your spiritual endeavour. Spirituality is about "searching" and "finding" not about "presenting". I leave to the "presenting" to religionists like you.

I'll leave ...[text shortened]... ey had been brought up in a positive, curious and open minded spiritual environment.
    Who are these impressive spiritual people?....because maybe I could learn from them.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 08:54
    Who are these impressive spiritual people?....because maybe I could learn from them.
    You need to find your own, Dasa. Spirituality is, to me, is about curiosity and proactivity not sumbission and conformity. Conduct your own quest. Forge your own path.

As you already know, within my terms of reference, you are not an impressive spiritual person. I think you are one of the most inept advocates of a belief system that I have ever come across. You could scarcely be more counter-productive and alienating.

I have reached my own conclusions - partly based on your unapologetically abusive and insulting personality - about the impact and virtue of what you claim to be your "spiritual" principles.

I have no intention of introducing you to any people I know. I am not a religionist, as I have said repeatedly. I have no "presentation" for you. I have no "instructions" to issue you with.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 09:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need to find your own, Dasa. Spirituality is, to me, is about curiosity and proactivity not sumbission and conformity. Conduct your own quest. Forge your own path.

As you already know, within my terms of reference, you are not an impressive spiritual person. I think you are one of the most inept advocates of a belief system that I have ever come across. ...[text shortened]... repeatedly. I have no "presentation" for you. I have no "instructions" to issue you with.
    Are these impressive persons of the Islamic faith.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 09:48
    Are these impressive persons of the Islamic faith.
    When I talk about people who have impressed me with their spirituality, I am not talking about religionists, religion or religiosity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree