1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 06:21
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Your somewhat correct......but I have presented some truths of Vedanta early on, and without consideration or thought persons where rejecting whimsically.

Their automatic rejection of Vedic truth, showed to me that they do not know where or what is in error in their own doctrine....so I had to show them this.

Then I realized that to present truth, I had t ...[text shortened]... saying.... I am here to expose the error and present truth for the benefit of anyone that cares.
    In the context of what we will presume is your sincere desire to communicate effectively (that is to say respectfully) and engage with people with different belief systems than yours, you are misusing the words "whimsically", "error", "expose", "benefit" and "truth".
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 17:46
    Your somewhat correct......but I have presented some truths of Vedanta early on, and without consideration or thought persons where rejecting whimsically.

Their automatic rejection of Vedic truth, showed to me that they do not know where or what is in error in their own doctrine....so I had to show them this.

Then I realized that to present truth, I had t ...[text shortened]... saying.... I am here to expose the error and present truth for the benefit of anyone that cares.
    I tend to lean towards The Veda myself, but I must check myself. Just because something sounds right, and it feels right does not make it correct or True. I hope the Veda's are the absolute Truth, because it seems sane, and rational, but who knows ?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 21:21
    Originally posted by buckky
    I tend to lean towards The Veda myself, but I must check myself. Just because something sounds right, and it feels right does not make it correct or True. I hope the Veda's are the absolute Truth, because it seems sane, and rational, but who knows ?
    Because this is the age of Kali there is deception going on everywhere and there are many different translations of Vedanta.

Sadly many translation are by persons who are not properly qualified to accurately translate from Sanskrit to English.

But I could simply tell you this....That if you were in a position to get hold of the "Srimad Bhagavatam" by His Divine Grace Swami Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada....then you would have the greatest reading material to ever grace your home, and this 18 volume set is just a small portion of literature available from this author.

You can get this 18 volume set from the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust which can be contacted on-line.

Did you know there are over 400 translations of Bhagavad Gita and only one is authorized........it is called "Bhagavad Gita As It IS" by Srila Prabhupada, and if you could not acquire the 18 vol Srimad Bhagavatam then this single volume book is a perfect addition to your home library.

So beware of what you google online for many presentations of Vedanta are incorrect.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 00:501 edit
    Because this is the age of Kali there is deception going on everywhere and there are many different translations of Vedanta.

Sadly many translation are by persons who are not properly qualified to accurately translate from Sanskrit to English.

But I could simply tell you this....That if you were in a position to get hold of the "Srimad Bhagavatam" by His ary.

So beware of what you google online for many presentations of Vedanta are incorrect.
    While I accept that Srila Prabhupada is an "authority" within the framework of your belief system, he is not an "authority" that I recognize or submit to. I am sure there are many people here who feel the same. Nor do I recognize the credibility or relevance of the writings of high school graduate-turned-author and self-professed "authority" on Hinduism, Stephen Knapp. Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada's 18 volume set, while interesting in terms of culture and anthropology, is only an "authority" to someone like yourself.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 01:32
    Because this is the age of Kali
    "Because this is the age of Kali"

Yet another assumption, on your part.

This is the age of Capernicus... ooops Aquarious. Na, I stand by what I said,,,, Capernicus. Please don't tell me he got it wrong, or I will need new glasses.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 01:38
    I am waiting for...... rational, genuine, common-sense questions to appear in this forum, but they are few and far between .........and what I usually get, are responses just like your comment which is a thoughtless barrage of nonsense.
    Note sure what you are fishing for here. You tell everyone what you believe they
    can either accept it or reject it, I reject it, but debate not requred for that.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 02:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Note sure what you are fishing for here.
    Dasa likes to insult people when they inform him that they do not accept his assertions.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 02:211 edit
    the original vedic comment has merit.

the merit is not in the result but in the origination.

all religious truth must come from one original source.

the vedic truth may be, and probably is, but a finger on a hand.

we, as humans on the third planet in a small galaxy star, cannot see the hand. we see and trust the finger which has reached down to us.

no one can percieve god...all can live thru his fingers.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:04
    Originally posted by reinfeld

we, as humans on the third planet in a small galaxy star, cannot see the hand. we see and trust the finger which has reached down to us.

(The 'dewy cox storey', starring John .C. Reily): you who has hands? The devil! The devil has hands.

And fingers no no doubt. How do you know whether it is gods or the (lol...couldn't help it) , devils fingers that are the fingers we can "trust"?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:19
    we do see thru a glass darkly...this i agree..

...so the query is...do we reach for a false finger ?

...trust in the lord of creation ( the hand ) to know the heart of all...if you reached badly but your heart was true then the lord of creation accepts you...

...if you reached for a false finger for a spurious reason ( pride, money, ego , etc. ) then grace may still uplift you for that small seed of love that still lives in your heart...

..if you were drunk and did not see what you grabbed onto then the sons of creation..of whom the christ ( may be but the only one, or one of many ) gave his life in sacrifice for your error...the creator will stilll accept you...

if you were mother teresa who gave works but lost faith in old age...grace will cover the distance...

etc.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:29
    we do see thru a glass darkly...this i agree..

...so the query is...do we reach for a false finger ?

...trust in the lord of creation ( the hand ) to know the heart of all...if you reached badly but your heart was true then the lord of creation accepts you...

...if you reached for a false finger for a spurious reason ( pride, money, ego , etc. ) t ...[text shortened]... other teresa who gave works but lost faith in old age...grace will cover the distance...

etc.
    Seriously, that is a funny movie.

Not very "religous", but funny all the same.

I'll take your word for it.

So what now? How do we respond to being played with by gods fingers? (lol, still funny)
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:45
    we, like the stars in the heavens are clay...out of clay was made adam...we cannot know god..it is foolish to even try.

...we must be good people to one another and love god...this is the two commandments of those who in west called jesus...it is not really original since it was written in the stars when the cylons went forth to find kobol...it is written everywhere.

..when grey owl stopped trapping the beaver in the 1930's and worked to perserve them..it was the same message spoken in the streams and forests of canada...
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:17

Your comment is appreciated.

One cannot make a comment like that unless they have dipped their intellect into the vast waters of the Vedic literatures.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:181 edit
    we, like the stars in the heavens are clay...out of clay was made adam...we cannot know god..it is foolish to even try.

...we must be good people to one another and love god...this is the two commandments of those who in west called jesus...it is not really original since it was written in the stars when the cylons went forth to find kobol...it is writte worked to perserve them..it was the same message spoken in the streams and forests of canada...
    What message? That "it is foolish to even try"?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa likes to insult people when they inform him that they do not accept his assertions.
    Dasa likes to present the eternal truths of Vedanta and inform persons of the error in substitute religion and false science.....for the benefit of the innocent person.

But persons who follow substitute religion and false science get angry when the falsity of their teaching is exposed, and then claim Dasa is insulting them....this is their prerogative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree