1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 10:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You couldn't make this up.

Priceless.
    I particularly like the bit where he asks "Where have I said the Vedic knowledge is the foundation of modern science."
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 15:48
    Originally posted by Dasa
    presented relate to a different time trillions of years ago....I was not around during those different circumstances to tell you what they were
    As I asked you in a prior post; 'do you think language existed eternally?

The Universe didn't exist 'triliions' of years ago. What was presented by pre-neanderthal man, formed from a fish, billions of years ago, if that, by Vedanta before that time?

"I was not around then...."... You aren't seeing much nowadays too!

You are around now, but not understanding much around you.

Such a shame. I blame your parents..... 😉

-m.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 17:17
    Originally posted by mikelom
    As I asked you in a prior post; 'do you think language existed eternally?

The Universe didn't exist 'triliions' of years ago. What was presented by pre-neanderthal man, formed from a fish, billions of years ago, if that, by Vedanta before that time?

[b]"I was not around then...."
    ... You aren't seeing much nowadays too!

You are around now, but not understanding much around you.

Such a shame. I blame your parents..... 😉

-m.[/b]
    The Sanskrit language is eternal, for it is a spiritual language used in the material creation....and the material creation is also eternal, but it is sometimes manifest and sometimes not.

Now when the material creation is not manifest, the energy that comprises the creation is still present and remains as potential, for the re-birth of the next creation.....

In this way we can understand how the Vedanta is eternal as well, and it is presented to mankind every time the cosmos is re-created.........and this never ends and therefore this is how the Veda is the authority, because it presents never changing truth.....again and again and again.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 17:30
    In this way we can understand how the Vedanta is eternal as well, and it is presented to mankind every time the cosmos is re-created.........and this never ends and therefore this is how the Veda is the authority, because it presents never changing truth.....again and again and again.
    Do you ever wonder why so incredibly few people in the world (relatively speaking) share your belief system with all its conjecture and speculation - and hopes - about the supernatural? You talk very grandly about Vedanta and how long it's been going and how much of everything everywhere is underpinned by it, and yet - in terms of the number of people it attracts or seems plausible to - it is very, very peripheral and taken seriously by only very few spiritual people, as I say, relatively speaking.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 17:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you ever wonder why so incredibly few people in the world (relatively speaking) share your belief system with all its conjecture and speculation - and hopes - about the supernatural? You talk very grandly about Vedanta and how long it's been going and how much of everything everywhere is underpinned by it, and yet - in terms of the number of people it attract ...[text shortened]... eripheral and taken seriously by only very few spiritual people, as I say, relatively speaking.
    LOL.........A Muslim man was once asked why he was a Muslim by the interviewer and this is what he said....." well there are so many of the faith, and it is so big, it must be right"

People are not genuine.

People dont take to Vedanta because no one is concerned with God or understanding their existence....especially if they will be instructed to stop doing something.

No one wants to stop doing their activities that give pleasure to their senses.........they dont want to stop animal killing....they dont want to stop gambling.....they dont want to stop intoxication or drug taking....they dont want to stop having sex indiscriminately......they dont want to stop anything and this is why people embrace false religion for it allows for much of the nonsense to continue.

When a person actually becomes genuine, then they can submit to Vedanta and for the first time in their lives, be instructed correctly and make advancement in their spiritual life.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 18:01
    People are not genuine.
    That's hardly fair or true. People are, by and large, genuine. I have tremendous faith in the human spirit and in people's essential integrity. I simply do not share your wide angle disrespect and negativity.

Furthermore, your measure of "genuineness", which - as you have said umpteen times - is if people submit to the purported "authority" of the Vedanta, is pointedly irrelevant and not credible to people who hold different beliefs to you.

So, in other words, your definition of 'genuine' probably strikes hardly anybody as a genuine definition. Meaning, we're back to the same kind of communication problem you had with the word "dishonest".

When a person actually becomes genuine, then they can submit to Vedanta and for the first time in their lives, be instructed correctly and make advancement in their spiritual life.

I have no doubt that people here think you're really sincere in your beliefs.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 18:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's hardly fair or true. People are, by and large, genuine. I have tremendous faith in the human spirit and in people's essential integrity. I simply do not share your wide angle disrespect and negativity.

Furthermore, your measure of "genuineness", which - as you have said umpteen times - is if people submit to the purported "authority" of the Vedanta, i ...[text shortened]... /b]

No communication problem from my side.....but whilst you continue to deny the undeniable....you will remain struck with your speculations and fabrications, which will have yourself supporting falsity.

The authority of Vedanta is undeniable....and you can reject it and deny it forever, but it still remains the authority.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 18:30
    The authority of Vedanta is undeniable....and you can reject it and deny it forever, but it still remains the authority.
    Such assertions are only relevant and credible to people who already acknowledge and submit to the so-called "authority" of Vedic teaching. It clearly is an "authority" for you. I don't dispute that for one minute. But it is clearly not an "authority" for me, undeniably so, as I have demonstrated over and over again.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 18:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Such assertions are only relevant and credible to people who already acknowledge and submit to the so-called "authority" of Vedic teaching. It clearly is an "authority" for you. I don't dispute that for one minute. But it is clearly not an "authority" for me, undeniably so, as I have demonstrated over and over again.
    I believe you are not a theist and are only here in this forum to agitate.

You have not presented one iota of spiritual knowledge ever since you have been here......so what is the atheist doing pretending to be a theist.

Games up.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 19:224 edits

You have not presented one iota of spiritual knowledge ever since you have been here......so what is the atheist doing pretending to be a theist.

Games up.
    I see no reason to suppose he is lying, or being dishonest...If I was to believe there was a sentient god that created the universe we exist in, the ONLY thing I have to assume is

There existed, at some point, at least one sentient entity capable of bringing about the creation of at least one universe. I need not suppose it could not have done this without the help of some other entity. I need not suppose it has any other notable capability than that of creating universes (somehow); and I could argue I'm a theist in that sense.

I'm not so sure what sort of entity FMF belives may exist - but if he says he isn't an atheist then that's fine fair enough...he doesn't need to carry the baggage of dogma.
  11. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 20:31

Games up.
    Games up and you lose.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 00:521 edit

Games up.
    Why do you always resort to accusing people of lying when they don't share your beliefs?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF

Furthermore, your measure of "genuineness", which - as you have said umpteen times - is if people submit to the purported "authority" of the Vedanta, i ...[text shortened]... /b]

I feel the need at this point to reinterate that I dont believe people are 'dishonest' in the way Dasa is using the word. "Ignorant" wouold be the word that I would use. This implies innocence up to a point.
    I hope you guys understand that I'm just trying to facillitate a better debate bewtween you two, as I find it frustrating to move to such extremes so often when, at times, some happy mediums are available.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 01:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I feel the need at this point to reinterate that I dont believe people are 'dishonest' in the way Dasa is using the word. "Ignorant" wouold be the word that I would use. This implies innocence up to a point.
    I have no doubt that you sincerely believe that I am "ignorant" and that this, for you, "implies innocence". I will continue to afford you common courtesy, regardless.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 01:51
    Originally posted by nook7
    Games up and you lose.
    You're just lowering yourself to his level with that humourless comment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree