1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 04:13
    YouTube

Is there a cure for today’s victim culture? | Michael Ramsden
    53 minutes 30 sec

I put this in the culture Forum no interest, I find this fascinating and wonder if any here would listen and given their opinion?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 04:43
    @kellyjay said
    [youtube]9g1GzId_HKc[/youtube]

53 minutes 30 sec

I put this in the culture Forum no interest, I find this fascinating and wonder if any here would listen and given their opinion?
    Do you fancy summarizing - in your own words - the central thrust of what he has to say that made you want to bring it to people's attention?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 07:20
    @kellyjay said

53 minutes 30 sec

Apathy is the cure.

The "false victim" act only works if people cannot recognize and ignore it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 08:30
    @kellyjay said

53 minutes 30 sec

You should have titled your thread: “intellectually lazy culture”
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:01
    @divegeester said
    You should have titled your thread: “intellectually lazy culture”
    And you should start a thread titled "How to sidetrack a discussion with off topic comments", or, "How to be intellectually lazy".
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:091 edit
    @secondson said
    And you should start a thread titled "How to sidetrack a discussion with off topic comments", or, "How to be intellectually lazy".
    Let me know when you have watched KellyJay’s video in its entirety, figured out its relevance, pulled out the salient points, presented them in a précis and formed your response.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:161 edit
    @KellyJay

I could only watch 35 minutes at the moment.
    I'd like to see the rest latter. It was interesting with much validity in his sociological analysis.

And up to the 35 minute point he had some interesting to say to me about the reaction of Christ to His victimization.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:33
    @divegeester said
    Let me know when you have watched KellyJay’s video in its entirety, figured out its relevance, pulled out the salient points, presented them in a précis and formed your response.
    Have you?

Don't say yes because I wouldn't believe you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:50
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay

I could only watch 35 minutes at the moment.
    I'd like to see the rest latter. It was interesting with much validity in his sociological analysis.

And up to the 35 minute point he had some interesting to say to me about the reaction of Christ to His victimization.
    I’m sure that later on when you are rested you will be watching the entire video summarising the key points and their relevance to the thread premise instead of posting about how you’ve managed to get halfway through and now have something more interesting to do which is preventing you posting anything of substance about the video.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 09:521 edit
    @secondson said
    Have you?

Don't say yes because I wouldn't believe you.
    You think from my posting in this thread that I intend to waste an hour of my life chasing down yet another one of KellyJay’s lazy late night YouTube clips in order to figure out what on Earth he is going on about?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:31
    @divegeester said
    You think from my posting in this thread that I intend to waste an hour of my life chasing down yet another one of KellyJay’s lazy late night YouTube clips in order to figure out what on Earth he is going on about?
    I don't think that at all.

Is that you projecting your bias based subjective opinion again?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:38
    @secondson said
    I don't think that at all.

Is that you projecting your bias based subjective opinion again?
    I thought it very thought provoking.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:55
    @kellyjay said
    I thought it very thought provoking.
    But for divegeester it only provides another opportunity to be critical.

Divegeester likes to play the "intellectual card", but only when it serves his own narcissistic self-centered subjective opinions. And unless he can find a way to mischaracterize intent or ridicule a Christian, he has nothing to contribute.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 11:121 edit
    @secondson said
    But for divegeester it only provides another opportunity to be critical.

Divegeester likes to play the "intellectual card", but only when it serves his own narcissistic self-centered subjective opinions. And unless he can find a way to mischaracterize intent or ridicule a Christian, he has nothing to contribute.
    If they are only showing up here for potshots, who cares, they are saying nothing thoughtful about link I asked to be reviewed. Everything else said about me or whatever is just meaningless noise to that end. If they don’t want to be bothered to watch and they feel the need to tell me, okay, sure fine, duh! I’m also not interested in having my synopsis reviewed only the link, I don’t need the link to say what I think about any topic, a review would be shared experience and one where everyone’s opinion of matters to me, because I want to know what they think about it, the rest again just meaningless noise.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 11:30
    @kellyjay said
    If they are only showing for potshots, who cares, they are saying nothing thoughtful about link I asked to be reviewed. Everything else said about me or whatever is just meaningless noise to that end. If they don’t want to be bothered to watch and they feel the need to tell me, okay, sure fine, duh! I’m also not interested in having my synopsis reviewed only the link, I don’ ...[text shortened]... tters to me, because I want to know what they think about it, the rest again just meaningless noise.
    Off topic comments = meaningless noise.

I don't blame you for ignoring the troll.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree