victim culture

victim culture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
[youtube]9g1GzId_HKc[/youtube]

Is there a cure for today’s victim culture? | Michael Ramsden
53 minutes 30 sec

I put this in the culture Forum no interest, I find this fascinating and wonder if any here would listen and given their opinion?
Can you summarize what Michael Ramsden has to say about "victim culture"?

Moves
29 Oct 19

@fmf said
Can you summarize what Michael Ramsden has to say about "victim culture"?
Clearly not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Oct 19
2 edits

@secondson said
And you should start a thread titled "How to sidetrack a discussion with off topic comments", or, "How to be intellectually lazy".
It is sadly amusing that the OP was made on the 25th and people have been asking about it for days without spending the time watching it. Soon I can imagine more time will be spent talking about something not watched than it would have taken to watch it. Sheesh, DO NOT WATCH IT, move on with other things you do care about!

Moves
29 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
It is sadly amusing that the OP was made on the 25th and people have been asking about it for days without spending the time watching it. Soon I can imagine more time will be spent talking about something not watched than it would have taken to watch it. Sheesh, DO NOT WATCH IT, move on with other things you do care about!
KellyJay you able to provide a simple 3 point summary of the ONE HOUR long video?

Clearly not; you are either incapable of such an endeavour or too intellectually lazy to explain your own OP.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
I believe the term 'victim culture' is merely a red flag code word for the right. I do not believe there is any such thing as a 'culture based on victimhood'. Certainly, there are victims and perpetrators in society. Minimizing the trauma actually visited upon actual victims, by calling it a 'culture', is merely an excuse to avoid recompense to these victims. I cannot agree with this philosophy. And for Christians to latch onto it to avoid actually caring for their neighbor is abominable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Nov 19

@suzianne said
I believe the term 'victim culture' is merely a red flag code word for the right. I do not believe there is any such thing as a 'culture based on victimhood'. Certainly, there are victims and perpetrators in society. Minimizing the trauma actually visited upon actual victims, by calling it a 'culture', is merely an excuse to avoid recompense to these victims. I cannot ag ...[text shortened]... phy. And for Christians to latch onto it to avoid actually caring for their neighbor is abominable.
I am surprised you said anything about this considering you told me you were going to watch it, and it appears you still have not.

F

Moves
04 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
I am surprised you said anything about this considering you told me you were going to watch it, and it appears you still have not.
Can you provide a summary of what is said in the 1 hour video?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
I also do not watch videos that call Hillary Clinton a 'murderer'.

"Victim culture" is a huge red flag, alerting those who already agree with the premise. I do not.

Moves
05 Nov 19

@suzianne said

"Victim culture" is a huge red flag, alerting those who already agree with the premise. I do not.
Never mind the murder, what about her emails!?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Nov 19
1 edit

@suzianne said

Well I don’t think Hillary is mentioned at all in anything I have written here, any where at any time if I did it wasn’t memorable. I only said I am surprised you commented, since you told me you were going to watch and didn’t. I thought your word was about watching it meant you were going to. You did not have to say you were, if you were not going to, that was my surprise. Red flags about what and who I assume you think you know what is in the video because of one word

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
Well I don’t think Hillary is mentioned at all in anything I have written here, any where at any time if I did it wasn’t memorable. I only said I am surprised you commented, since you told me you were going to watch and didn’t. I thought your word was about watching it meant you were going to. You did not have to say you were, if you were not going to, that was my surprise. Red flags about what and who I assume you think you know what is in the video because of one word
I was going to finish watching it, as a favor to you. I eventually realized that it would be a complete waste of time. One doesn't title something with a phrase that has nothing in common with the content. Those who use the phrase "victim culture" have an agenda I do not subscribe to. It is akin to 'blaming the victim', and I cannot give it credence. I would have the same stance even if I watched it a thousand times. It's exactly like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. And this agenda is still evil.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 19

@suzianne said
I was going to finish watching it, as a favor to you. I eventually realized that it would be a complete waste of time. One doesn't title something with a phrase that has nothing in common with the content. Those who use the phrase "victim culture" have an agenda I do not subscribe to. It is akin to 'blaming the victim', and I cannot give it credence. I would have the sa ...[text shortened]... es. It's exactly like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. And this agenda is still evil.
At least you have said that you have not bothered to watch it and assume it is terrible. When I asked you to watch it, it was because of everyone here, your opinion on this topic I valued above most, I feel like this topic is right up your alley. Thank you for telling me why I was wondering!