1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 00:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    They were properly behaved because they did not kill defenceless cows like the cowards of today.
    My grandpa always put de fences around his cows.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:17
    The battle of Kurukshetra was fought 5000yrs ago in India and 3.95 million people were killed in 18 days.

Rivers of blood were seen flowing with arms and legs and heads bobbing around.

How glorious was that battle that even the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna was there driving the chariot for Arjuna.

The Bhagavad Gita was spoken on that battle fie ...[text shortened]... strike below the waist in mace warfare.
    Warriors may not engage in any "unfair" warfare.
    "Fighting wars is an eternal activity of living beings..."

Strongly disagree with that. Yes, we do find ourselves in a universe where historically wars have been waged, and violence has ruled but I dont think this will go on forever.
    It has been a long time coming , but hopefully sanity will prevail and the people of the world will make peace with eachother. It is inevitable.

There are no glorious wars. This is no glorious fighting. No fighting the right way,etc.

Everyday, all of us can contribute to world peace through our examples of living peacefully and righteously, not by fighting within whatever guidelines.

Again, what you say may have been true in the past, but the future can be different.
    So if you think that living beings fight wars eternally , then, through your thinking, you will find yourself in a universe that mirrors your thoughts. After all do you not believe in the idea that through our thoughts we (co-)create the world?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:25
    Vedic warriors always follow the rules of engagement.

In the Vedic times the warriors were also learned and properly behaved.
    What about waterboarding?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    if you are going to have rules for warfare why not include
    No killing
    No maiming
    No fighting
    No shouting

and decide the result over a game of chess?

Your rules for warfare make it no more glorious than any other war.
    What fun is that?!! 😠

You are worse than my 3rd grade school teacher.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "Fighting wars is an eternal activity of living beings..."

Strongly disagree with that. Yes, we do find ourselves in a universe where historically wars have been waged, and violence has ruled but I dont think this will go on forever.
    It has been a long time coming , but hopefully sanity will prevail and the people of the world will make peace with e ...[text shortened]... . After all do you not believe in the idea that through our thoughts we (co-)create the world?
    Wars are eternal because the mundane human being is eternal - and the mundane worlds of suffering are eternal.

There will always be a material creation somewhere - and that being the case then there will eternally be wars.......but a lot less in a Vedic universe.

My perspective is universal.

I am not commenting only of this earth.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:28
    The battle of Kurukshetra was fought 5000yrs ago in India and 3.95 million people were killed in 18 days.

Rivers of blood were seen flowing with arms and legs and heads bobbing around.

How glorious was that battle that even the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna was there driving the chariot for Arjuna.

The Bhagavad Gita was spoken on that battle fie ...[text shortened]... strike below the waist in mace warfare.
    Warriors may not engage in any "unfair" warfare.
    So it's ok to kill animals in war? What a bunch of double talk crap you dish out.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My grandpa always put de fences around his cows.
    zing!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:40
    Wars are eternal because the mundane human being is eternal - and the mundane worlds of suffering are eternal.

There will always be a material creation somewhere - and that being the case then there will eternally be wars.......but a lot less in a Vedic universe.

My perspective is universal.

I am not commenting only of this earth.
    My comment is also universal.

Do you not agree with the axiom that with our thoughts we create the world?

I believe there are more intelligent beings 'out there' that live in eternal peace.
    Once you understand what is permanent and what is not, then you know that you can never be harmed and that might is not right, or even more powerful than peace.

Wars are not eternal, not even the warring nature of humans.
    Once we learn this , we will be able to move into a new planet, a planet of peace and harmony. This is our destiny and we contribute to this peace everyday,(or not).
    You have to ,very carefully, weed out what is eternal and what isn't. But you prolly know this, right?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 02:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    So it's ok to kill animals in war? What a bunch of double talk crap you dish out.
    Yes, it's like braking for an animal on the road (illegal) and causing a bigger accident behind you.
    This is why you cant live your life by a book or any set of written rules.
    Common sense has to prevail, the books are only meant to be a guideline
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:43
    Yes, it's like braking for an animal on the road (illegal) and causing a bigger accident behind you.
    This is why you cant live your life by a book or any set of written rules.
    Common sense has to prevail, the books are only meant to be a guideline
    It's almost like, few acts on their own are pure good or evil, it's a perspective thing. 🙂 Yin Yang etc....
    I've studied it, I understand it, it makes sense, and I don't buy it. 😛
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:06
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's almost like, few acts on their own are pure good or evil, it's a perspective thing. 🙂 Yin Yang etc....
    I've studied it, I understand it, it makes sense, and I don't buy it. 😛
    Which part dont you buy? Please xplain?

(How can you say " it makes sense" and yet you "dont buy it"? Sounds kinda counterintuitive from here)
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 09:52
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Yup, you got that right. They ate meat!

By the way, when did Vedic times cease to be?

-m.
    I invite you to visit India. Kurukshetra meaning the " Field of Kurus " is a big plain, north of Delhi. About 250 km.away. It is a site that many Hindu pilgrims from all over India visit as a part of their pilgrimage. A huge lake, well walled and provided with a beautiful prominade all around, is the site where, after the battle was over, religious ceremonies were carried out for the souls of the dead. Nearby, in the battle site proper, is the place where Lord Krishna gave counsel to Arjun, in the form of the Geeta, thereby liberating him from the coils of Sansara.
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So what went wrong?
    The Pandavas and the Kauravas battled each other over the division of the Kuru empire. They were first cousins. Arjun did not want to do battle. He abhorred the impending bloodshed. The battle did take place. Many warlike tribes were decimated. The Kauravas were killed along with their progeny. The 5 Pandavas and Lord Krishna, a couple of their warriors survived. The sons of Pandavs were killed to a man. The wife of Abhimanyu , son of Arjun , (who fought a brave fight before being killed), called Uttara, who was pregnant gave birth to a stillborn boy who was miraculously revived by Lord Krishna. The Kaliyug, the present epoch started a few years thereafter.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 17:44
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    The Pandavas and the Kauravas battled each other over the division of the Kuru empire. They were first cousins. Arjun did not want to do battle. He abhorred the impending bloodshed. The battle did take place. Many warlike tribes were decimated. The Kauravas were killed along with their progeny. The 5 Pandavas and Lord Krishna, a couple of their warriors s ...[text shortened]... culously revived by Lord Krishna. The Kaliyug, the present epoch started a few years thereafter.
    Wow, I can't believe I didn't see that myself.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 19:33
    My comment is also universal.

Do you not agree with the axiom that with our thoughts we create the world?

I believe there are more intelligent beings 'out there' that live in eternal peace.
    Once you understand what is permanent and what is not, then you know that you can never be harmed and that might is not right, or even more powerful than peac ...[text shortened]... to ,very carefully, weed out what is eternal and what isn't. But you prolly know this, right?
    Wars are eternal.

Because living beings are eternal.

Wherever you get demonic forces you will also get wars.

There are wars in other universes between the godly and the ungodly.

It never ends unless you return to the spiritual realm and live there eternally in peace and happiness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree