1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 22:42
    Originally posted by menace71
    So you do not believe that I'll use your word 😉 that JC was even a historical person that lived ? Interesting no doubt but what do you base that on ? I believe at very minimum he was at least a person who lived in Judea 2000+ years ago there is enough to prove that I think. Historical authors such as Josephus references JC and just the fact that a religio ...[text shortened]... xist ( good or bad) that claims JC's name would be some sort of evidence that JC lived

Manny
    To whom are you talking?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:06
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "Mistake" is not the right word. Think more of "repackaging".

It was brilliant, actually. First, they make the Messianic prophecy come true - one of the downfalls of prophecy is that everyone knows what is supposed to happen, so you just find someone who fits the details closely enough and force the small stuff.

Then he gets killed unexpectedly. Al ...[text shortened]... opting of the Judaic narrative. So ingenious that we're still talking about it 2000 years later.
    Unlikely.

There are things Jesus said throughout the gospels which can only point to not only His divinity, but to His role as part of the Godhead..

In fact, the high priest Caiaphas accused Him of blasphemy, saying, "He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy." What the other elders failed to remember that it is not "blasphemy" if it is true, if He IS the Son of God. Caiaphas just wanted the people assembled for Passover to not have a focus, someone calling himself the Christ, to rally around.

This was not a man "who fits the details closely enough". He IS the Son of God, the one who fulfilled prophecy. And He did not "get killed unexpectedly". He prophesied His own death and His resurrection, many times. He knew what He was getting into. In addition, Jesus appeared to them and hung around for the 40 days between His resurrection and His ascension. Many others saw Him during this time. They didn't have to "change the story".

However, I give you props for imagination. "Cool story, bro," as they say.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Unlikely.

There are things Jesus said throughout the gospels which can only point to not only His divinity, but to His role as part of the Godhead..

In fact, the high priest Caiaphas accused Him of blasphemy, saying, "He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy." What the other elders fail ...[text shortened]... hange the story".

However, I give you props for imagination. "Cool story, bro," as they say.
    I see you have quoted the gospels as evidence of Jesus' divinity.

The gospels were the culmination of the re-packaging. Of course they (especially John) say that Jesus was divine.

That is exactly what the authors intended.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:13
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    To whom are you talking?
    I was mainly addressing you about your stance on Jesus was a fabrication that was all. I was stating that I believe there is enough evidence to prove that a historical person named Jesus lived.

Manny
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:492 edits
    Does only the last Gospel, the Gospel of John portray Jesus Christ as God become a man ? No.

The synoptic Gospels of Matthew and Luke both depict Jesus teaching that He was the God of the Old Testament become now a man.

Jesus weeps over the Jews and the city of Jerusalem:

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not ! " (Matthew 23:37; comp. Luke 13:34,35)

It was always God Himself who cared for Jerusalem, and His Jewish people, as a bird flutters over her young.

Ie. Isaiah 31:5 - " Like flying birds so Jehovah of hosts will protect Jerusalem; He will protect and deliver it: He will pass over and rescue it."

Ie. Deut. 32:11,12 - "As the eagle rouses his nest, Hovers over his young, Spreads his wings, takes them, And bears them up upon his pinions; So Jehovah alone led him, and there was no strange god with Him."

Given these passages we can see that when the Lord Jesus said, "I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings" He was indicating that He was God Himself now as a human being.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree