Was Jesus Moral?

Was Jesus Moral?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by 667joe
Christianity and paganism are both myths. By the way, as a Christian, you are living under a dictatorship with the tyrant god demanding praise and threatening everlasting punishment and torture for disobedience. You have to accept the dictator's rules even when they are clearly wrong or merely petty. You will feel empowered to do unethical and even harmfu ...[text shortened]... hed for the sins of others who lived thousands of years before you were even born, etc. etc.
HalleluYah !!!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
i'll tell you what's damaging to humanity. worshiping tyrants as gods.

You are not coerced.
apparently you don't know the meaning of coercion. if i came to you and told you that at the end of one year, if you did not love and adore me, i would break every limb in your body. that's coercion.

No lightening has struck you as you assemble your complaints against God day after day. On the contrary, God has offered you many happy days in your life, even in spite of some difficulties common to all men. I suspect He will continue to afford you blessings for which you are unthankful and unbelieving.

any god worth its mantle would not be worried about criticism, complaints, ingratitude and disbelief. only emotionally unstable gods with mental illnesses could be bothered by such things.

God is not fidgity with you. He allows you more time. Look how you use it.

indeed, god has given me all of eternity to experience and learn. but i'm not talking about your biblegod.

There's no tyrant in heaven.

i agree. your biblegod doesn't exist.

I don't know how much further God can go that we be saved from our sins, then that the Son of God received the judging separation and punishment on our behalf on His cross.

saved from what? sins are an illusion of the biblegod tyrant. there is no such thing as sin.

So if the unrepentant's name is not written in the Lamb's book of life I must conclude that what comes is "true and righteous" judgment.

"true and righteous judgment" is subjective to those who write the rules. if there was a law in the book that a harlot must be stoned to death (ie: the bible), then stoning a harlot do death would be true and righteous judgment according to that law.

but thankfully, humans have evolved beyond the barbaric inanities of biblegod's "justice." though i must admit with some sadness, that there are still humans who adhere to such madness.

Fallen sinners have a vested interest in perverting eternal justice. We cannot be relied upon to tell God what penalty we think should be appropriate for spurning the redemptive sacrifice of Christ on our behalf.

there can only be eternal justice for eternal crime. in eternity, there is no such thing as crime. crime has only a subjective and very finite human association. and crimes against a deity is simply an absurd concept. a deity cannot be damaged by morals and if it can, it's not a deity.

biblegod for example, is not a deity since he is constantly fearful of humans supplanting him and out of this fear, he strikes down human ingenuity before they become too powerful.

A congress of thieves could not be relied upon to righteously determine what the fitting penalty for stealing should be. Their sense of self preservation would probably assign a light penalty or no penalty for the crime of stealing.

righto. it is up to those who have something to lose to determine the penalty for stealing, as we have done for thousands of years. and such penalties are not absolute since they vary from custom to culture and can vary from cruel to lenient.

but i digress. a god has nothing to lose, ergo no crimes can be committed against it.

And we cannot determine what should be the consequence of unreconcilable spurning of the heavenly Father.

yes we can. no penalty at all.
no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of biblegod. no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of jupiter. no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of atlas. no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of vishnu. no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of allah. no penalty for irreconcilable spurning of the pink unicorn. and so on.

the "heavenly father" has every opportunity to come and make his case to each individual human. if he does not do so, he has no right to demand any sort of behavior or obedience.

I know your charge of God as tyrant is a lie because of viewing the One in total subjection to the Father, Christ. And He has be given all authority in heaven and earth and assigned an eternal kingdom.

The example of the exalted and enthroned Son of God proves that your charge of His Father as tyrant is a lie. And He is the FIRSTBORN SON of many brothers leading many sons into glory.

"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me." (Rev. 21:7)

your statement of "I know your charge of God as tyrant is a lie because..." is not justified by the criteria you outlined. i have to conclude that you have no such knowledge and it remains that biblegod is a tyrant and you continue to worship said tyrant.

j

Moves
29 Dec 11

I believe that eternal damnation is a reality and that God is just to send creatures to that fate. I believe Christ is our sure salvation from the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 11

I believe that eternal damnation is a reality and that God is just to send creatures to that fate. I believe Christ is our sure salvation from the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
more metaphysics masquerading as biblical truth?

j

Moves
29 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
more metaphysics masquerading as biblical truth?
"I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Dec 11

you have accepted an immoral god along with his immoral sense of justice and in doing so, you also have become immoral.

it is shameful and pitiful since your statement of belief is a required coercion of the beast you have convinced yourself to love. without that statement of belief, you fear that the abomination you worship will burn you forever in a lake of fire and it is that fear that compels you to believe.

j

Moves
29 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you have accepted an immoral god along with his immoral sense of justice and in doing so, you also have become immoral.

it is shameful and pitiful since your statement of belief is a required coercion of the beast you have convinced yourself to love. without that statement of belief, you fear that the abomination you worship will burn you forever in a lake of fire and it is that fear that compels you to believe.
If your name is not written in the book of life, that is what is going to happen to you. Eternal damnation is an eternal NO to sin. You will lose. You will not win. You will not break even. You will not get out of the administration through non-existence. You will LOSE.

Now I don't care if you froth at the mouth and spit out more and more hatred for the Bible's God. Use the little day you have as best you can.

But know this, I was sent to you to tell you of the love and redeeming death and resurrection of Jesus the Son of God for your salvation. I was sent by the Lord Jesus to tell you of this salvation.

Maryland

Moves
29 Dec 11

If your name is not written in the book of life, that is what is going to happen to you. Eternal damnation is an eternal [b]NO to sin. You will lose. You will not win. You will not break even. You will not get out of the administration through non-existence. You will LOSE.

Now I don't care if you froth at the mouth and spit out more and more hatre ...[text shortened]... the Son of God for your salvation. I was sent by the Lord Jesus to tell you of this salvation.[/b]
You are full of yourself!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11

apparently you don't know the meaning of coercion. if i came to you and told you that at the end of one year, if you did not love and adore me, i would break every limb in your body. that's coercion.

[quote] No lightening has struck you as you assemble your complaints against God day after day. On the contrary, God has offered you many happy days i ...[text shortened]... remains that biblegod is a tyrant and you continue to worship said tyrant.
Since you do not believe in God, then you should have nothing to worry
about. So calm down and chill. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11

Faith and belief conquers all the fear. There is nothing more to fear
but fear itself as one U.S. President said.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by 667joe
You are full of yourself!
And full of the Spirit too perhaps, huh?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Dec 11

If your name is not written in the book of life, that is what is going to happen to you. Eternal damnation is an eternal [b]NO to sin. You will lose. You will not win. You will not break even. You will not get out of the administration through non-existence. You will LOSE.

Now I don't care if you froth at the mouth and spit out more and more hatre ...[text shortened]... the Son of God for your salvation. I was sent by the Lord Jesus to tell you of this salvation.[/b]
hohoho! you think too highly of yourself oh holy one!

life is not a game. there are no winners or losers, there are no wretched gods such as the one you worship. there are only experiences.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Faith and belief conquers all the fear.
absurd statement and factually not true.

There is nothing more to fear

hallelujah and the banks were reopened! but you probably don't know anything about that, being the sort who only reads introductions and commentaries.

j

Moves
29 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
And full of the Spirit too perhaps, huh?
RJHinds, the tendency in fallen man is to take a certain attribute of God and emphasize it to the extent that it breaks the equilibrium of His total character. The Bible does say that " God is love ". But man wants to make that a love which is not holy or not accompanied by a hatred for sin.

This is a sentamental extreme that undermines the other divine attributes of God. We should beware of over emphazising one side of the truth about God to the neglect of another side.

The balance and equilibrium of His total character is presented in the whole Bible. Those with tunnel vision will only latch on to ONE aspect of God.

Our destiny as believers is to be conformed to the image of His Son. I do not believe that when the full conformation takes place we will view God's justice in any way different from how He does. While we are in the process of transformation it may be hard sometimes to see things from the divine viewpoint.

But Jesus said we should never be ashamed of either Him or His words:

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words, of this one will the Son of Man be ashamed when He comes in His glory and [the glory] of the Father and of the holy angels." (Luke 9:26)

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man also will be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11

absurd statement and factually not true.

There is nothing more to fear

hallelujah and the banks were reopened! but you probably don't know anything about that, being the sort who only reads introductions and commentaries.
Our life here is relatively short and I am a slow reader. I do not
wish to waste too much time reading nonsense that does no one
any good.