1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 06:22
    Most of the Earth is covered by it
    Most of our bodies are made up of it
    And I contest that our thinking should be mostly "like water". Not like sand or stone.

Of course water refers to our emotional, feminine sides in dreams and other mythologies.

Any ideas?
    Lack of "flow"?( Too much left brain activity?)
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 06:46
    A river doesn't stop when there's a rock in it's path, it flows around it.

and

The man who dropped his coin in the pond could not find it until he stopped sifting his hand through it and let the dirt and all settle.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 07:00
    Originally posted by ua41
    A river doesn't stop when there's a rock in it's path, it flows around it.

and

The man who dropped his coin in the pond could not find it until he stopped sifting his hand through it and let the dirt and all settle.
    And water flows to the lowest point.
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 07:081 edit
    Water has been associated with the christian ideal of the holy spirit which is god's direct connection to man, him being "fluid". It's a transportation system (biologically, geologically), dispersing everywhere.

You've already mentioned the life association. There's also purity, and cleansing. Some good connections.

Edit: You ever stood on a coastline with the waves coming in and feel the sand grind away and sift under your feet? It just keeps coming. The transition of rock into sand, the transition of sand castle to the same ambiguity. Do you know what I'm getting at now?

Below this post is a good encapsulation by Mr Tao.
  5. Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 07:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    And I contest that our thinking should be mostly "like water". Not like sand or stone.

Of course water refers to our emotional, feminine sides in dreams and other mythologies.

Any ideas?
    We are wave and ocean both
    we arise and change and arise again,
    and as the ocean never dies,
    so never die do we.

Water dense flows to lowest point
    but denser still becomes,
    when icy cold, unmoving heavy.
    As it warms it rises light,
    to towering height,
    and fully charged brings
    lightening fire.

How strange it is this water
    that drowns a fire
    does consist of two gases that unjoined
    would ready burst into explosive flame?

Water, symbol of mystery,
    of roaring danger, of purity,
    yet mother of mud.
    With not enough we die,
    and likewise with too much,
    yet water is life,
    water is us.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 12:351 edit
    what is more yielding than water? yet when it is struck it returns with constancy. Even water, if it drips with constancy, may make a whole in a large rock.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 13:02
    Originally posted by ua41
    Water has been associated with the christian ideal of the holy spirit which is god's direct connection to man, him being "fluid". It's a transportation system (biologically, geologically), dispersing everywhere.
    Interesting imagery, however I believe that in the Bible water is associated with cleansing rather than being associated with the Holy Spirit per-se. This is physically represented by full immersion baptism in water and also by "the washing of the word" i.e. reading the scriptures. Eph 5:26 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

Sanctification is of course different from justification, which is obtained through faith and marked by the "sprinkling" (many scriptures support this) of blood which is representative of Christ's sacrificial life and atoning death.

The engagement with Holy Spirit is however described in terms of filling and baptising, similar to water but not being actually described as water; e.g. “Baptism in the Spirit”.
  8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 13:57

Any ideas?
    You have posted about H2O.Actually the 5 basic Elements that Hindu theology describes are:- i) Fire ii) liquid iii)Solid iv)Gases v) Space. The universe comprises of these 5 elements. Liquid form gives rise to many liquid components of bodies of living beings as well as it acts on the solid and fire components to wear away and quench them respectively.
  9. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 14:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting imagery, however I believe that in the Bible water is associated with cleansing rather than being associated with the Holy Spirit per-se. This is physically represented by full immersion baptism in water and also by "the washing of the word" i.e. reading the scriptures. Eph 5:26 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the churc ...[text shortened]... , similar to water but not being actually described as water; e.g. “Baptism in the Spirit”.
    *facepalm*

thank you! I knew i was forgetting something

Water baptism is the fulfillment of all the cleansing rituals performed by the priests/levites during the animal sacrifices in the old testament. Instead of sacrificing lambs every year, there's Christ, instead of having to go through the specific washing of hands etc. for the sacrifice, we are now washed in the spirit.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 15:22

Any ideas?
    You said that like a 'man',,,,
    Indeed, sexual racist... :'(

-m.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 17:35

Any ideas?
    As the ocean waves, the universe peoples.
    -- Alan Watts
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:16
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You said that like a 'man',,,,
    Indeed, sexual racist... :'(

-m.
    I am a man.

you mean how men have been traditionally sexist ,racist and age-ist?

I do take care in my posts to say "people" , or in this case "Our", rather than "Man did this and that".

Sorry, I dont follow Mike.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:25
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    You have posted about H2O.Actually the 5 basic Elements that Hindu theology describes are:- i) Fire ii) liquid iii)Solid iv)Gases v) Space. The universe comprises of these 5 elements. Liquid form gives rise to many liquid components of bodies of living beings as well as it acts on the solid and fire components to wear away and quench them respectively.
    I was actually coming from my understanding of Bhuddism, or a bhuddist story, anyway.
    It was said that an adept could think in four different ways.
    The first was stone, and indeed when people have hard rock-like thoughts about the Divine, they are sure to get hurt when someone comes along and "breaks" their thoughts.
    The second was sand , and it was said that it was good to think about spiritulity like sand, for sand can be smoothed over. (Those crazy Tibetan monks come and do those really cool artworks in sand, taking sometimes a long time, only to wipe clean the "canvas" after they have finished. They are not attached to their creations.)
    The third was thinking like water, and that was thought to be the best way to approach Bhuddism.
    However, a fourth way was mentioned. But only the initiated knew it, and it could not be compared to any Earthly element, and hence was not likened to anything.
    I'll call it "thinking like the bhudda"
  14. St. Peter's
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:25
    And water flows to the lowest point.
    and always finds its own level
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:29
    Originally posted by Doward
    and always finds its own level
    😵

(..and thats what you call chiming in and not butting in-something that I can learn from)