1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    We went over all this when you were Fetchmyjunk. Don't pretend we didn't.
    You have never told me whether you think ISIS are entitled to their opinions. Don't pretend you did.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:521 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Debate and discussion.
    What is the point of debate and discussion if all views are equally valid? 🙄
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:091 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What is the point of debate and discussion if all view are equally valid? 🙄
    One might ask, what is the point of a discussion with you ~ when you act as if you cannot retain or understand anything said which diverges from your own personal opinions?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:09
    What is the point of debate and discussion if all view are equally valid? 🙄
    I think debate shows us something, just like what is valued shows us something. We are
    told that what profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul. So people who
    worry more about earthy gain and power over doing justly and righteously will not be to
    worried about their souls. So what they value reveals what is within them, debate will
    show us if we are really caring about those we talk too, or are hateful, where we see that
    we can condemn someone for things we do. It shows us what is inside of our own hearts
    clearly, so if we are honest with ourselves, we know what to work on in our own lives since
    we do not live someone else' for them.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:12
    You have never told me whether you think ISIS are entitled to their opinions. Don't pretend you did.
    Yes I think ISIS did come up, actually. And the Nazis. And rape. And genocide. And "torturing babies for fun". It was when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think debate shows us something, just like what is valued shows us something. We are
    told that what profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul. So people who
    worry more about earthy gain and power over doing justly and righteously will not be to
    worried about their souls. So what they value reveals what is within them, debate will
    sho ...[text shortened]... urselves, we know what to work on in our own lives since
    we do not live someone else' for them.
    Do you think twhitehead is "hateful", for example?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    One might ask, what is the point of a discussion with you ~ when you act as if you cannot retain or understand anything said which diverges from your own personal opinions?
    Should I pretend that something makes sense to me if it doesn't?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:351 edit
    Should I pretend that something makes sense to me if it doesn't?
    If you think it doesn't make sense, then so be it. I don't mind if you think it doesn't make sense ~ you in particular - and you know exactly why. I am happy with what I contributed on these issues in the past ~ I got a fair chance to make my case. No complaints. If you disagree or think my stances are nonsense, then that's OK. You don't need to repeat yourself over and over and over again.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, I don't like the idea that anyone can end up there! I don't think ignoring it, or trying to
    sugar coat it to mean something else is good for anyone. What does excite me is that
    God while we were yet sinners sent Jesus to take on our sin and become sin for us so we
    could be forgiven and presented to God as flawless in Christ. Jesus spoke about Hell a ...[text shortened]... some they should get
    it and not have it hidden from them, because it goes against our feelings.
    Jesus explained how to escape torment. How is it that you are not quoting Jesus in that regard. It is obvious that you disagree with Him.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I think ISIS did come up, actually. And the Nazis. And rape. And genocide. And "torturing babies for fun". It was when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk.
    Sure we briefly discussed those things but you have never told me whether ISIS are entitled to their opinions or not.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think it doesn't make sense, then so be it. I don't mind if you think it doesn't make sense ~ you in particular - and you know exactly why. I am happy with what I contributed on these issues in the past ~ I got a fair chance to make my case. No complaints. If you disagree or think my stances are nonsense, then that's OK. You don't need to repeat yourself over and over and over again.
    If you claim that everyone is entitled to their opinion because universal truth does not exist you cannot condemn ISIS for having the opinions that they have. If however universal truth does exist it means that all opinions aren't equally valid because it is possible then to believe in a lie. Which means you cannot be tolerant of certain moral positions that you don't believe to be grounded in the truth.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 23:37
    If you claim that everyone is entitled to their opinion because universal truth does not exist you cannot condemn ISIS for having the opinions that they have. If however universal truth does exist it means that all opinions aren't equally valid because it is possible then to believe in a lie. Which means you cannot be tolerant of certain moral positions that you don't believe to be grounded in the truth.
    You're repeating yourself. I have already addressed this in detail and at length.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 05:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're repeating yourself. I have already addressed this in detail and at length.
    You have never addressed this question. Is everyone entitled to their opinion? Yes or No?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 05:381 edit
    You have never addressed this question. Is everyone entitled to their opinion? Yes or No?
    Yes I have addressed this question. And I have discussed what my beliefs regarding people having different moral codes with you in detail. As for opinions, I have also spoken about freedom of thought and freedom of speech on this forum (and others) more times than I can remember. I am not interested in your tedious repetition.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 05:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I have addressed this question. And I have discussed what my beliefs about people having different moral codes with you in detail. As for opinions, I have also spoken about freedom of thought and freedom of speech on this forum (and others) more times than I can remember. I am not interested in your tedious repetition.
    Well it is obvious why you would not like to revisit the fact that you cannot know which of 2 contradictory moral systems is correct when you believe there is no universal truth, where everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone's opinion is equally valid, even ISIS and Nazi Germany. Feel free to bury your head in the sand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree