1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 15:14
    Originally posted by @sonship
    My name is Jack Wilmore.
    I have nothing to hide and the anonymous nature of Internet forums can be unfortunate. What I say here in writing I would say to your face most of the time.

Welcome here.
    You sound desperate to find converts. Try prison, or the homeless streets. You need desperate people.

Rational people won't fill your coffers enough anymore.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You sound desperate to find converts. Try prison, or the homeless streets. You need desperate people.

Rational people won't fill your coffers enough anymore.
    You mean those "looking for loot" ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 18:431 edit
    Don't care about life apathist ...

Some of the scientists and engineers among us would be amused to be informed by you that they are not rational to believe in Jesus Christ.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 18:521 edit
    Do you all know HOW MUCH money Howard Hughes left when he died ??

All of it.

"All my possessions for a moment of time." - Queen Elizabeth

https://timbob.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/all-my-possessions-for-a-moment-of-time/
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:10
    Don't care about life apathist ...

Some of the scientists and engineers among us would be amused to be informed by you that they are not rational to believe in Jesus Christ.
    They aren't. "Scientists" and "engineers" can be dumbasses as well.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:12
    Do you all know HOW MUCH money Howard Hughes left when he died ??

All of it.

[b]"All my possessions for a moment of time."
    - Queen Elizabeth

https://timbob.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/all-my-possessions-for-a-moment-of-time/[/b]
    Yet I'm sure you're glad you had the means to purchase the computer or tablet you use to visit RHP, no?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 20:19
    Who is this thread aimed at?

I’m confused.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 20:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Who is this thread aimed at?

I’m confused.
    I think it's aimed at the ones who think he's a good christian to follow. Maybe he's pedaling a cult now.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 20:40
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    No, it really isn't. It takes me no effort whatsoever. Literally zero effort. Just like it takes me no effort whatsoever to think the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is not".

To re-iterate: it takes me no effort whatsoever to have no belief in god(s). I don't try to have no belief, I don't look away from possible evidence, I don't pretend to have no belief.

It is the easiest thing in the world, since it requires no effort AT ALL.
    Yes, the foundation block of atheism.

No effort. No thought. Just depend on government to provide for you even though you don't work.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 20:50
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Yes, the foundation block of atheism.

No effort. No thought. Just depend on government to provide for you even though you don't work.
    Whodey elsewhere: "Atheists don't need anyone or anything else."

Whodey here: "Atheists need the government to provide for them."

It all makes sense in Whodey world.

And why are you bringing up an earthly concept like government here anyway? Debates is that way -->

Sonship has been rambling about jesus this and jesus that. Shouldn't you be talking about god and jesus as well, instead of bringing up the government again?

I am absolutely certain government, politics and Fox News are all way more important to you than your (supposed) belief in God.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 00:17
    My name is Jack Wilmore.
    You can call me here [b] sonship.

I think the anonymous nature of the Internet breeds some ugly things. While being realistically practical, I have nothing to hide.
    What I say here I would say to your face.

I was not always a lover of Jesus.
    When I did come to Jesus I never imagined that the relationship would grow a ...[text shortened]... rtunate. What I say here in writing I would say to your face most of the time.

Welcome here.[/b]
    You got problems rembering your name? Lol

I do appreciate you suggest we can tell what you are like on face value. So many trolls._.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 12:291 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    You got problems rembering your name? Lol

I do appreciate you suggest we can tell what you are like on face value. So many trolls._.
    I am getting tired of the anonymous environment which permits people to say so many foolish things with anonymity.

I have told where I meet with other Christians.
    Try to get that information from some other posters and it is like pulling teeth.
    What is there to hide? I don't understand.

I understand not wanting to be recklessly foolish.
    I don't understand spiritual people holding so close to the vest or secretive where they like to meet with others who have similar visions of the truth.

Is there something to hide ??
    www.localchurches.org
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 14:17
    There is a lot of people that believe in the power & efficacy of "Presuppositionalism," Sonship.

I think the best strategy for this, though, is actually to emphasize the idea of Good & Evil and our inherent sense of justice. I try to point out the absurdity of the way people are actually very committed to some value system & series of political thoghts, but these are all based off of abstract concepts and not actually driven by some real, pragmatic, cause & effect based understanding.

It is one thing if someone is an atheist & they literally subscribe to the most mighty and efficient thing that proves to further & strengthen the "species" as being the best course of action. This would be a real atheist perspective. But few people have that.

So it is easy to try to bring things back to the concept of justice & God moreso than just asking people to think about God.

But yeah, thanks for the hard work here, Brother.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 14:56
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville

It is one thing if someone is an atheist & they literally subscribe to the most mighty and efficient thing that proves to further & strengthen the "species" as being the best course of action. This would be a real atheist perspective.
    No, that would not be a 'real atheist perspective.' - My atheism has nothing to do with the strengthening of our species. (Perhaps you are conflating atheism with evolutionary thinking? )

My atheism is nothing more than a rejection of the whole God thing.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 21:54
    I am getting tired of the anonymous environment which permits people to say so many foolish things with anonymity.

I have told where I meet with other Christians.
    Try to get that information from some other posters and it is like pulling teeth.
    What is there to hide? I don't understand.

I understand not wanting to be recklessly foolish.
    I don ...[text shortened]... o have similar visions of the truth.

Is there something to hide ??
    www.localchurches.org
    Its the nature of this site.
    I use my real name but I respect others relative anonymity . After all this is not Facebook

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree