1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 01:12
    RHP was started with a vision of this site becoming a worldwide chess community. The spiritual forums are a big neighborhood of this site. We have new people dropping in here all the time. I have personally felt that whenever I moved to a new neighborhood it was a good thing to know who my neighbors were. It was always nice to receive some cookies or a pie.

As a "welcome" to some of the new people of faith on this site, you will be gratified to know that we have quite an eclectic community here. It is somewhat analogous to an interacial community with a lot of cultural diversity. Beyond the mere differences in faith traditions, it should be noted that there are some very intelligent people who live in this particular neighborhood. SOme of them have studied the languages of many different religions. We have at least one liturgist on the site who is very fluent in theology. You will have neighbors here that teach phiolosophy in some very large universities. You will find people who have published research in journals as well as teach. You will find some scholarly atheists and agnostics.

One of the neat things about coming to a new town is that you can learn some fresh ideas. Don't be too alarmed as some neighbors can be pretty routy and loud. I'm one of those neighbors. We tend to party a lot and some people don't appreciate our brand of humor and religion.

Anyways, for those with ears to hear and eyes to see. Welcome to the neighborhood...or hood, whichever you find it to be.
  2. Joined
    03 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 02:53
    howdy y'all i think you'll find im the smartest guy on this site...lmao.
  3. Lisbon
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 03:26
    Thanks for your welcoming message kirksey957.

Regards
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 03:28
    Originally posted by xpoferens
    Thanks for your welcoming message kirksey957.

Regards
    don't let him fool you
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 04:17
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    RHP was started with a vision of this site becoming a worldwide chess community. The spiritual forums are a big neighborhood of this site. We have new people dropping in here all the time. I have personally felt that whenever I moved to a new neighborhood it was a good thing to know who my neighbors were. It was always nice to receive some cookies or ...[text shortened]... hear and eyes to see. Welcome to the neighborhood...or hood, whichever you find it to be.
    Nice post man, nice sentiment. Feeling ill. Food poisoning.... Back soon.
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 04:20
    RHP was started with a vision of this site becoming a worldwide chess community. The spiritual forums are a big neighborhood of this site. We have new people dropping in here all the time. I have personally felt that whenever I moved to a new neighborhood it was a good thing to know who my neighbors were. It was always nice to receive some cookies or ...[text shortened]... hear and eyes to see. Welcome to the neighborhood...or hood, whichever you find it to be.
    Rec and respek, Professa K.

Fo shizzle, all youse newbz in tha hood best be pickin' up what this brotha hath been puttin down.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 11:42
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Rec and respek, Professa K.

Fo shizzle, all youse newbz in tha hood best be pickin' up what this brotha hath been puttin down.
    Yo, RC, cock-a doodle- whizzle, did Barbara Bush eva make you a chicken pot pie and send ova them granddaughters to deliva it to yo crib? That's what I'm talkin bout. Chuuch!
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 05:263 edits
    Reverend, if you examine this site's home page, you'll see several forums highlighted in a box on the right. Sadly, our little neighborhood is not listed there, even though real ghettos like General and Puzzles and Posers are. I think we should petition Russ to rectify this. What could be more glorious than having the esteemed Spirituality forum in lights. Seeing as this community segregation was Russ's brainchild, it's surprising that he's not sufficiently proud of it to advertise the apartheid on the most prominent page. As it is, there may be many new members, but I don't think they are visiting this neighborhood in large enough numbers - the site claims 100,000 members, but I don't think I've gotten into Spiritual issues with nearly that many.
  9. London
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 08:57
    Could you write a similar welcome for new agnostics/atheists/people of no faith?

Thanks.

LH
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 09:03
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Could you write a similar welcome for new agnostics/atheists/people of no faith?

Thanks.

LH
    That's an excellent idea. I don't mean to leave anyone out.

As a welcome to all the new atheists, agnostics and people of no faith, please go away. All you do is stir up animosity. You are unbelievers and this is the spiritual forums. God will smite you for your unbelief. Please allow this neighborhood to be spiritually pure by staying out. God bless.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 09:06
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Reverend, if you examine this site's home page, you'll see several forums highlighted in a box on the right. Sadly, our little neighborhood is not listed there, even though real ghettos like General and Puzzles and Posers are. I think we should petition Russ to rectify this. What could be more glorious than having the esteemed Spirituality forum i ...[text shortened]... ,000 members, but I don't think I've gotten into Spiritual issues with nearly that many.
    I know that tends to put a damper on your missionary zeal. I may have a solution soon to help you.
  12. London
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 09:11
    That's an excellent idea. I don't mean to leave anyone out.

As a welcome to all the new atheists, agnostics and people of no faith, please go away. All you do is stir up animosity. You are unbelievers and this is the spiritual forums. God will smite you for your unbelief. Please allow this neighborhood to be spiritually pure by staying out. God bless.
    Hmm... I thought as much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree