1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 04:09
    You cannot force anything upon me, but your sermon is obvious😵

Edit: “I simply… …redemptive death.”
    You simply wish that some would see the world exactly the way you and your fellow Christians see it; and you are fighting hard in order to achieve it.

Edit: “Who could imagine up such a story ? Jesus Christ is too wonderful to not be true.”
    Anybody could imagine up such a story. The “Lord of the Rings” is by far more complicated story; and Jesus is not merely believable as any adept, but even as believable as any other human being.

Edit: “What are… …human history?”
    I ‘m travelling empty handed😵

Edit: “This Man is God become man”.
    This is what your religion is preaching.

Edit: “One matter… very meaningful.”
    All made up; just another religion, Kalamas everywhere.

Edit: “At least… …become man.”
    I admit that of all men that walk the Earth, in your opinion Jesus Christ acted the most like you in person would expect your personal God to act if your personal God did become man
    😵
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 06:00
    Edit: "You may not be a bad evil doer. You may be a good evil doer.
    You may be a Nicodemus. Saul, who persecuted the Christian church, was a Pharisee of the strictest moral code, very pious. He was a good evil doer too."

I can be whatever I can be according to my nature, my nature is mind, mind is empty😵

John 7:37-53 -Justice, Compassion, yes. Always do feel free to give the Chance your Way🙂
    John 3:1-21 -T'i and Yung in oneness, yes. We knew it all along🙂
    John 3:37 -Two Truths, jaywill, yes. Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate Bodhi svaha🙂

Namaste
    😵
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 09:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Praise the Lord.
    Thank the Lord for His wonderful revelation to man.

Good website to visit and probably more free from typos then my poor posts.

www.godseconomy.org
    I think you have a need to start your own church.

My own church has the following prayer done daily:

Pray for the success of atheism.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:232 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse

=========================
    =============================

That is a nonsensical expression to me.
    "My OWN church" ?

That is nonsense talk.

==============================

==============================

You better get to Maryln O'Hair's atheism clinic. You shouldn't even be praying.
    What "higher power" of atheism are you praying TO anyway ?

And why imitate believers to have a "church" anyway?

This reminds me of the saying that "Whatever you hate, you become like."
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:31
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You cannot force anything upon me, but your sermon is obvious😵

Edit: “I simply… …redemptive death.”
    You simply wish that some would see the world exactly the way you and your fellow Christians see it; and you are fighting hard in order to achieve it.

Edit: “Who could imagine up such a story ? Jesus Christ is too wonderful to not be true.”
    A ...[text shortened]... like you in person would expect your personal God to act if your personal God did become man
    😵
    You cannot force anything upon me, but your sermon is obvious

What's wrong with a sermon ?
    Every time you turn on the TV you get plenty of sermons.
    They tell you what beer to drink, what movie to see, what food to buy, what show to watch, what soap, car, vacation to purchase.

You get flooded with sermons all the time in your precious media.

=========================
    ============================

Well you are right. But I do pray for some of you too.

I wish that when the you come before the Lord, you will not be able to say "I didn't know about You Lord."

I desire to be a Christian that after speaking with me you will never be able to say that you didn't understand.

You can ignore me. The Internet is a new kind of public square.
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse

To whom are you praying for the"success of atheism" in your church? Dawkins? Dennet? Are you kneeling before the Hadron Accelerator? Who are the choir boys? But do you really need to pray,in view of the already solved riddles of the Universe,by circular reasoning? Will you be converted into a praying mantis as a reward for a praying atheist? Or is a heaven of massed bio-chemical reactions chanting "everything already explained" awaits you?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 14:55
    You may be a Nicodemus. Saul, who persecuted the Christian church, was a Pharisee of the strictest moral code, very pious. He was a good evil doer too."

I can be whatever I can be according to my nature, my nature is mind, mind is empty😵

John 7:37-53 -Justice, Compassio ...[text shortened]... :37 -Two Truths, jaywill, yes. Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate Bodhi svaha🙂

Namaste
    😵
    ====================================
    I can be whatever I can be according to my nature, my nature is mind, mind is empty
    ======================================

How are your chess scores ?
    Let's have a game.

I never played anybody who believes mind is empty.
    I don't believe it. See you on the chess board ?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 15:00
    Black Beetle, you have chess scores almost up to 2180 !

You'd mop the floor up with me and my 1200 level scores.
    Where's the "empty mind" ?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 15:01
    Mind is empty ?

Look, I have a rock outside my back door laying in the grass next to the house.
    Now, I think you'll find a genuine "empty mind" with that rock.
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 16:401 edit
    [b]====================================
    I can be whatever I can be according to my nature, my nature is mind, mind is empty

How are your chess scores ?
    Let's have a game.

I never played anybody who believes mind is empty.
    I don't believe it. See you on the chess board ?[/b]
    May I explain on behalf of blackbeetle ? In Hindu and Buddhist theology, the first task of a Sadhak-the seeker of God/Universal Truth- is to be able to control the mind. Mind is the cause of the delusion that this world made up of objects having names and forms is real. The control of mind is achieved by stilling it and then turning its focus inwards. In the process, the mind is practically annihilated.
  11. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 17:44

John 7:37-53 -Justice, Compassio ...[text shortened]... :37 -Two Truths, jaywill, yes. Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate Bodhi svaha🙂

Namaste
    😵
    I want to submit for your and Taoman's comment a simile often used by many Hindu seers viz.that of a pat of camphor being burnt. A pat of camphor is used in temples etc.just as an incense stick is used i.e. for a pleasant aroma. The camphor is ignorance. The flame of the burning camphor pat is knowledge. After burning there is no ash or any residue,except the aroma. The aroma is the bliss.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    May I explain on behalf of blackbeetle ? In Hindu and Buddhist theology, the first task of a Sadhak-the seeker of God/Universal Truth- is to be able to control the mind. Mind is the cause of the delusion that this world made up of objects having names and forms is real. The control of mind is achieved by stilling it and then turning its focus inwards. In the process, the mind is practically annihilated.
    ===================================

I was needling Black Beetle just a little bit.

I use to do Zen Buddhist meditation. We'll talk latter about it more.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 08:26
    [b]===================================
    May I explain on behalf of blackbeetle ? In Hindu and Buddhist theology, the first task of a Sadhak-the seeker of God/Universal Truth- is to be able to control the mind. Mind is the cause of the delusion that this world made up of objects having names and forms is real. The control of mind is achieved by stilling ...[text shortened]... le just a little bit.

I use to do Zen Buddhist meditation. We'll talk latter about it more.
    Interesting. What kind of Zen Buddhist meditation you used to do that doesn't entail sunyata and Mu koans?

Anyway🙂
    Empty. Emptiness. Sunyata: lack of independent existence/ lack of inherent existence/ lack of substance and essence in things, lack of existence from its own side. All phenomena/ processes that appear to exist independently, cannot so exist. Mind is sunya/ empty because it lacks of inherent existence (as it cannot be independent of any specific phenomenon).
    And at the same time these phenomena (mind included) are not nonexistent because they are conventionally real. Thus Two Truths.
    Therefore I conceive my nature (mind) merely as conventionally real. And the rock you mentioned, methinks it is empty too (it is conveniently real), for it lacks of inherent existence as all other objects. The variations start from there.

Words, what a Noise😵
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 08:59
    Sermons are boring;
    I have no time for TV;
    I know you pray for every being and thankful I remain. May you be always happy!
    I am fully aware of your spiritual thesis, but I fail to evaluate it as tenable. This is not problematic to me because in my opinion there are as many realities as many are the sentient beings. We are reading differently the "same reality" simply because we decipher it according to our different evaluation of the mind.

I will ignore you when I will become unable to learn fom you; even Paul suffered big time in the Agora😵
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 09:03
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I want to submit for your and Taoman's comment a simile often used by many Hindu seers viz.that of a pat of camphor being burnt. A pat of camphor is used in temples etc.just as an incense stick is used i.e. for a pleasant aroma. The camphor is ignorance. The flame of the burning camphor pat is knowledge. After burning there is no ash or any residue,except the aroma. The aroma is the bliss.
    Samsara and nirvana, the same😵

Namaste

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree