My best wishes ! Namaste.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Sermons are boring;
    I have no time for TV;
    I know you pray for every being and thankful I remain. May you be always happy!
    I am fully aware of your spiritual thesis, but I fail to evaluate it as tenable. This is not problematic to me because in my opinion there are as many realities as many are the sentient beings. We are reading differently the "sam ore you when I will become unable to learn fom you; even Paul suffered big time in the Agora๐Ÿ˜ต
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 02:452 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Welcome to the universe.

No, you did not ASK to be here. Neither did I.
    None of us existed to be able to request that we exist. But we are here.
    The universe is a great place. But you'll find that it does have its problems to.

But one thing you should be cognizant. This existance does have its Governor. There is Authroity over this creation. A God Who died and rose from the dead.

One act to redeem all sinners unto eternal life.
    " For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His onely begotten Son, that every one who believes into Him would not perish, but have eternal life.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be sabved through Him."

These two sentences came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ. They are perhaps some of the most known words spoken on earth. None of us had the wisdom to utter them or to imagine them. These words came from the lips of that Son of God Who died and rose from the dead.

Actually it makes much more sense that the above verses were commentary made by the writer of John rather than a quote of Jesus. They are much more consistent with the words of the writer of John rather than the words of Jesus. If you are able to be objective about this, you'll see that this is much more likely.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 03:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [quote][b]" For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His onely begotten Son, that every one who believes into Him would not perish, but have eternal life.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be sabved through Him."

These two sentences came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ. They are perhaps ...[text shortened]... Jesus. If you are able to be objective about this, you'll see that this is much more likely.[/b]
    I disagree, the speaker is saying something very important beyond what John
    could have known on his own. God did something for this reason! Jesus would
    know, John would have had to been told.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 03:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I disagree, the speaker is saying something very important beyond what John
    could have known on his own. God did something for this reason! Jesus would
    know, John would have had to been told.
    Kelly
    Not sure what you're trying to say. Can you rephrase it?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 03:28
    [quote][b]" For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His onely begotten Son, that every one who believes into Him would not perish, but have eternal life.

These two sentences came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ. They are perhaps ...[text shortened]... Jesus. If you are able to be objective about this, you'll see that this is much more likely.[/b]
    Commentary perhaps, but entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 08:35
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    This whole tract has the flavor of a Dixieland tent revival.
    Why are you hear, anyway?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 08:40

Don't you think John was influenced by Jesus? If John thought very much
    of Jesus to write about Him in this Manner, why then, would John put his
    own words in the mouth of Jesus? It doen't make sense to me.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 20:431 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Commentary perhaps, but entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself.
    Hardly "entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself". For example, so far as I know, Jesus did not declare that He was God's "only begotten Son". However the writer of John did so in several places.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 20:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't you think John was influenced by Jesus? If John thought very much
    of Jesus to write about Him in this Manner, why then, would John put his
    own words in the mouth of Jesus? It doen't make sense to me.
    No one said that "John put his own words in the mouth of Jesus". Rather that it makes much more sense that "the ...verses were commentary made by the writer of John rather than a quote of Jesus". While some translations of the Bible place the words "in the mouth of Jesus", the KJV and others (including the original text) do not.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 01:41
    Hardly "entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself". For example, so far as I know, Jesus did not declare that He was God's "only begotten Son". However the writer of John did so in several places.
    Well, I have to hand it to ya. You said one thing I can agree with. "As far as you know". ๐Ÿ˜‰

But you really are splitting hairs here. You know that Jesus said that God was His Father. Right? So obviously that makes Jesus God's Son. No?

But the point you are missing is that John was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write that Jesus was God's "only begotten Son". And what is even more important is that you have no idea what the word "begotten" is there for. I would explain it to you, but it would be best for you to go look it up for yourself.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 02:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, I have to hand it to ya. You said one thing I can agree with. "As far as you know". ๐Ÿ˜‰

But you really are splitting hairs here. You know that Jesus said that God was His Father. Right? So obviously that makes Jesus God's Son. No?

But the point you are missing is that John was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write that Jesus was God's "only begotte ...[text shortened]... . I would explain it to you, but it would be best for you to go look it up for yourself.
    Since you seem to be side-stepping the point, I'll spell it out for you even more plainly.

You said, "Commentary perhaps, but entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself", which is false so far as I know, therefore it is NOT entirely consistent. If you believe that Jesus declared Himself to be God's "only begotten Son" then by all means, provide the verses. Or do you not understand the difference between declaring oneself the "Son of God" and the "only begotten Son" of God?

Or perhaps you've lost sight of the point of my response to JW. If so, then maybe you should go back and reread from my response forward.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 03:02
    Since you seem to be side-stepping the point, I'll spell it out for you even more plainly.

You said, "Commentary perhaps, but entirely consistent with Jesus' own declarations concerning Himself", which is false so far as I know, therefore it is NOT entirely consistent. If you believe that Jesus declared Himself to be God's "only begotten Son" then by ...[text shortened]... nse to JW. If so, then maybe you should go back and reread from my response forward.
    You're a slippery one ToO.

One day I will corner you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 06:17
    Not sure what you're trying to say. Can you rephrase it?
    How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 09:27
    While a religion allows the slaughter of innocent animals, it only pays lip service to statements of God being righteous, merciful, good, kind, loving and the rest.

Any religion supporting cruelty to its lower creatures is false, and it matters not the many times you speak of love and mercy from God for this God would not condone animal cruelty.

The religions of the world that care not for their lower creatures are false.

So no more talk of righteousness and love and mercy if you cannot live by it. ( you have to walk the talk)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree