1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 15:29
    Originally posted by Dasa
    .Welcome.

This is what you think...............

"Who is this God science? Who is the God who offers his people power but no moral framework to tell you how to use that power? What kind of God gives a child fire but does not warn the child of its dangers? The language of science comes with no signposts about good and bad. Science textbooks tell us how to c ...[text shortened]... this forum.

They are the ones who seek to agitate, and never make sincere spiritual enquiry.
    Are you going to provide your definition of rape?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 15:582 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Must be a politician or religious leader that came up with that line.

Anyhow these JWs send along an older head with a young uninitiated one, and quite often the younger one is taken aback at my statements. JWs believe in suppressing knowledge and would prefer if the younger JWs remain in ignorance about their past.

Im pretty sure that my statements have cause many a young JW to go and do some homework,

By the way whats Breaking Bad?
    believe in suppressing knowledge?

We publish the most widely distributed journals in human history and give them to people at no cost.

The Watchtower has a circulation larger than any other magazine in the world. Each issue has a print run of more than 42 million copies. Awake! is second, with a circulation of 41 million copies each issue. Both magazines are published by Jehovah’s Witnesses and are distributed in 236 lands.

How do other publications compare? According to The Association of Magazine Media, the top U.S. paid-for magazine is published by AARP, an organization that targets people over 50 years of age. That magazine has a circulation of over 22.4 million. Germany’s ADAC Motorwelt averages close to 14 million copies, and the Chinese Gushi Hui (stories) prints 5.4 million copies.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/publishing/watchtower-awake-magazine/

Bwahahah, suppressing knowledge, Rajk sees us rollin and he hates it!
  3. Germany
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:01
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't believe we've been formally introduced.
    He's the Spirituality version of Eladar.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you going to provide your definition of rape?
    Troll please go back to troll land.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:20
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Troll please go back to troll land.
    Why can't you provide one? Everyone, apart from carobie, thinks you support rape, why don't you give your definition vs what everyone else is seeing as rape in your explanation of the Vedic verses?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:23
    😲😲😲

Not sure if you watch TV at all, but I wish I were in your position of never having seen BB so that I could experience it for the first time.
    I find myself looking down on those who get addicted to TV shows or become fans of movie stars, so-called celebrities, famous people, wealthy people etc. Maybe Im wrong to do that, but it is a sign of a weak-minded, shallow personality.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:292 edits
    Debates is becoming boring. It's now basically a 33-33-33 split between;

- Right wingers blasting government and Hillary Clinton and various minority groups
    - Left wingers blasting the Republican presidential candidates, especially Trump
    - Duchess64 and a cadre that includes normbenign, Eladar and a few others recycling and trading the same insults over a ...[text shortened]... The Oatmeal had a pretty good summary:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

What say you?
    I'm not sure what difference you will encounter going from the debate forum to the spirituality forum. Both are filled with posters who preach their particular ideology for what they think will fix the world and neither can be proven to be correct. That's why most people steer clear of religious/political talk. It only pits one ideology against another that is only based upon belief. When a belief system is confronted by such things as facts and arguments, they usually are absorbed and ignored or simply readjusted to fit in their respective belief system. For you see, it is always the other guy who ignores "facts", never you.

So what does one do when confronted with what they think is the truth? Keep it to themselves? That is not how we function. I find that those who wish to keep to themselves don't think there is any real truth. For them, all that exists is an ocean of relativism that is cloudy and unknowable.

In fact, if you don't like those who share their faith you might want to move to Indonesia with FMF where it is illegal to share your religion with others.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 16:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why can't you provide one? Everyone, apart from carobie, thinks you support rape, why don't you give your definition vs what everyone else is seeing as rape in your explanation of the Vedic verses?
    Dasa doesn't like questions. They keep him awake at night.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    In fact, if you don't like those who share their faith you might want to move to Indonesia with FMF where it is illegal to share your religion with others.
    People share their religion with each other all the time here. Have you ever been here? There was a neighbourhood meeting out on my terrace earlier this evening. Muslims and Christians prayed together at the beginning and the end.

One can change one's religion here, although the social pressures brought to bear upon you might be extremely uncomfortable, and that goes for Christians converting to Islam too, and not just the other way around.

But you can't easily be openly atheist in most places [you can be in the city where I live], an unacceptable infringement of personal freedom.

And proselytizing to members of other recognized groups is prohibited by law [although, of course, nothing comes of it if the target of the proselytizing does not complain to the authorities], another unacceptable infringement of personal freedom that may take another generation to see the back of.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:06
    Welcome sh76.

If you notice there are some people here who seem to go chasing down the road after unashamed Christian evangelists, yelling at them to stop proselytizing them. They follow us practically everywhere.

LOL!!

I'm sonship (aka jaywill. I love Jesus. I talk about His love for others as well)

Hi.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    People share their religion with each other all the time here. Have you ever been here? There was a neighbourhood meeting out on my terrace earlier this evening. Muslims and Christians prayed together at the beginning and the end.

One can change one's religion here, although the social pressures brought to bear upon you might be extremely uncomfortable, and ...[text shortened]... acceptable infringement of personal freedom that may take another generation to see the back of.
    So what if the person in question who was meeting on a terrace was accused by someone of proselytizing? Would the law come after him or her?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what if the person in question who was meeting on a terrace was accused by someone of proselytizing? Would the law come after him or her?
    I can't really picture what scenario you have in mind but I'd imagine nothing would happen. Most accusations that surface are upshots of power struggles between institutions and amount to political muddying of the water. If, say, the Jehovah's Witnesses issued a public statement that they were going to go around proselytizing, their office would be almost certainly shut down and any foreign nationals involved asked to leave. It shouldn't be so, but that's how it is currently.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:24
    Originally posted by sonship
    If you notice there are some people here who seem to go chasing down the road after unashamed Christian evangelists, yelling at them to stop proselytizing them.
    I can't recall anyone here ever "yelling at [you] to stop proselytizing them". Do you mean googlefudge or sonhouse? I know they can be robust and passionate sometimes, but it sounds a bit like you're just making it up. Do you have a link to an example? If you do, and it supports your claim, I'll retract my suggestion that you are telling fibs. 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:541 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 17:58
    Oh no. Dasa AND Duchess64?! It's going to get the same kind of reviews as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice! 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree