30 Mar '16 17:581 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Debates is becoming boring[...] Duchess64 and a cadre that includes normbenign, Eladar and a few others recycling and trading the same insults over and over again.
    It looks like Duchess64 has followed you here and is intent on doing the same stuff here too. 😛

Cue stuff about me being a "pathological liar".
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:154 edits
    I can't recall anyone here ever "yelling at [you] to stop proselytizing them". Do you mean googlefudge or sonhouse? I know they can be robust and passionate sometimes, but it sounds a bit like you're just making it up. Do you have a link to an example? If you do, and it supports your claim, I'll retract my suggestion that you are telling fibs.

You're quite right that not all of them "yell".
    Some kind of murmur.
    Change "yelling" to "whining" or "murmuring" rather repeatedly. .

Now if you go calling me an imperfect sinner for exaggerating (fibbing), well that will utterly shock me and just break my heart.

(Sorry if I don't pick up on the little smiling graphics too well. I think I'm old fashion in that skill.)
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    believe in suppressing knowledge?

We publish the most widely distributed journals in human history and give them to people at no cost.

The Watchtower has a circulation larger than any other magazine in the world. Each issue has a print run of more than 42 million copies. Awake! is second, with a circulation of 41 million copies each issue. Bot ...[text shortened]... chtower-awake-magazine/

Bwahahah, suppressing knowledge, Rajk sees us rollin and he hates it!
    Publishing your own JW propaganda and giving it our freely is not promoting knowledge and education .. thats called attempted brainwashing.

The Watchtower and higher education:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/higher-education-university.php

Watchtower classifies higher education as a temptation akin to smoking, using drugs, and watching violent and immoral movies. For instance, see the insert from the Watchtower 2008 Sep 1, entitled “What Will be The “End Afterward”?

The Kingdom Ministry warns:

“Your children will no doubt experience new challenges and pressures. … Are they prepared for the pressure they will receive to pursue higher education, date, and use alcohol or drugs?” Kingdom Ministry 2011 Jul p.2
    Watchtower explains pursuing an advanced education is dangerous because it:
    - Wastes precious time in these last days
    - Promotes prestige and materialism
    - Shows a lack of faith
    - Involves bad association
    - Promotes higher learning
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] I can't recall anyone here ever "yelling at [you] to stop proselytizing them". Do you mean googlefudge or sonhouse? I know they can be robust and passionate sometimes, but it sounds a bit like you're just making it up. Do you have a link to an example? If you do, and it supports your claim, I'll retract my suggestion that you are telling fibs. [/quot ...[text shortened]... I don't pick up on the little smiling graphics too well. I think I'm old fashion in that skill.)
    Who is it you think wants you to stop proselytizing? Have I missed some exchanges? Links please.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Publishing your own JW propaganda and giving it our freely is not promoting knowledge and education .. thats called attempted brainwashing.

The Watchtower and higher education:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/higher-education-university.php

Watchtower classifies higher education as a temptation akin to smoking, using drugs, and watching violent ...[text shortened]... materialism
    - Shows a lack of faith
    - Involves bad association
    - Promotes higher learning
    Education is a baaaaaaad thing.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    It looks like Duchess64 has followed you here and is intent on doing the same stuff here too. 😛

Cue stuff about me being a "pathological liar".
    Its true ........................you are.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 18:56
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Maybe Im wrong to do that, but it is a sign of a weak-minded, shallow personality.
    You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

My advice: Watch Breaking Bad. Some high quality entertainment will no doubt soften than chip.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 19:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Criticizing people for holding outlandish views such as supporting genocide or rape is not an interesting or stimulating pursuit. I'm not here to save the world. I'm here for intellectual stimulation and interesting discussion. Fighting the likes of Fishhead and Eladar ain't my job. Declining to do so is no indication of sympathy for their positions.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 19:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh no. Dasa AND Duchess64?! It's going to get the same kind of reviews as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice! 😲
    That's harsh. It wasn't that bad of a movie.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 19:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh good Lord! You've mentioned me AGAIN. You're going to be like one of those crew members in red shirts in episodes of the original Star Trek.
    At least some of the red shirts survived ............
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 19:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 19:54
    Criticizing people for holding outlandish views such as supporting genocide or rape is not an interesting or stimulating pursuit. I'm not here to save the world. I'm here for intellectual stimulation and interesting discussion. Fighting the likes of Fishhead and Eladar ain't my job. Declining to do so is no indication of sympathy for their positions.
    One must applaud this stance having attempted to ascertain what the forum hoped to achieve by a condemnatory approach and being left bereft of reason
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 20:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    One must applaud this stance having attempted to ascertain what the forum hoped to achieve by a condemnatory approach and being left bereft of reason
    Challenging someone for advocating rape or genocide is not something i get up for in the morning, but like brushing my teeth, it needs to be done.

Tolerate bacteria at your peril sir, but don't complain when it spreads.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 20:09
    Debates is becoming boring. It's now basically a 33-33-33 split between;

- Right wingers blasting government and Hillary Clinton and various minority groups
    - Left wingers blasting the Republican presidential candidates, especially Trump
    - Duchess64 and a cadre that includes normbenign, Eladar and a few others recycling and trading the same insults over a ...[text shortened]... The Oatmeal had a pretty good summary:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

What say you?
    Welcome. God wants you to know Him and let everyone know you do. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree