1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 07:42
    Posted by a Christian on another thread

"Your mind lives in a world where Jesus is dead. What a waste of intelligence."

Does it take intelligence to believe Jesus is still alive and does it indicate some shortfall in intelligence if one believes he died over 2 000 years ago?

What role does intelligence play in religious belief and faith?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 08:05
    @fmf said

In my opinion, none whatsoever.

However most Christian preachers and pontificators seem to enjoy positioning themselves as having a “deeper” understanding of the bible, (as sonship keeps telling me in his Adam’s rib thread), a closer knowledge of Jesus, and a more intelligent insight into the mysteries of God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 12:40
    So says "the community" no doubt.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 12:41
    @FMF

The official position of "the community" no doubt.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 12:57
    @sonship said
    So says "the community" no doubt.
    Sonship’s new ruffled-feathers-riff?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 13:34
    @fmf said
    Posted by a Christian on another thread

"Your mind lives in a world where Jesus is dead. What a waste of intelligence."

Does it take intelligence to believe Jesus is still alive and does it indicate some shortfall in intelligence if one believes he died over 2 000 years ago?

Your intelligence is dedicated to disbelief. It is a waste of your intelligence.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 13:47
    @divegeester said
    However most Christian preachers and pontificators seem to enjoy positioning themselves as having a “deeper” understanding of the bible, a closer knowledge of Jesus, and a more intelligent insight into the mysteries of God.
    That is a false narrative derived in the mind of a self righteous, indignant and biblically ignorant self styled believer that hasn't learned anything in twenty years as a rogue living in an apostate state of mind.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:212 edits
    @divegeester

Great or less intelligence is not the major thing with knowing the truth.

If this were so it would be like imagining only people with post doctoral studies in chemistry had the right to DRINK. Or it would be like deeming only experts on climate had the right to BREATH.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:23
    “God resists the proud,
    But gives grace to the humble.”

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

If I am proud God resists me.
    If I humble myself before Him He will grant lifting grace to me.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:24
    God loves intelligent people. God loves more intelligent then them people.
    God reveals Himself to people of lesser intelligence. And He loves and reveals Himself to people of a low IQ as well.

Any parent should realize that ALL of their children are dear. "I am intelligent so naturally I can know God or not know God." This attitude is a mistake.

"Lord Jesus, make Your self known to me at whatever level of smarts I have been born with or have cultivated. Lord make Yourself known to my spirit, to my conscience, to my heart. "

This is a better attitude. To humble yourself if you're very smart intellect wise. Or to humble yourself if you deem yourself not so smart as someone else."

The New King James has 1 Peter 5:5,6 -
    “God resists the proud,
    But gives grace to the humble.”

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:37
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

If this were so it would be like imagining only people with post doctoral studies in chemistry had the right to DRINK. Or it would be like deeming only experts on climate had the right to BREATH.
    There's only one qualification for preaching and teaching the truth of God's Word and that is the willingness of the believer to be used by God to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. But that doesn't excuse the hearer from using his intelligence to sift out the lies of the devil, the biggest being 'there is no God'.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:55
    @secondson said
    That is a false narrative derived in the mind of a self righteous, indignant and biblically ignorant self styled believer that hasn't learned anything in twenty years as a rogue living in an apostate state of mind.
    No it isn’t.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:56
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That’s more or less what I said. Did you read my post?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 18:54
    @divegeester said
    No it isn’t.
    You're as arrogant as they come. You're simply projecting your own attitudes on others. Your message in this forum is one of disdain and contempt. You, FMF and that heretic Rajk post anti-biblical rage against anyone that says anything according to the truth of the clear teaching of scripture. Continuously.

You essentially call God a liar, and you're lying about God's church in America, or anywhere else His people live. Be sure you'll give an account for your destructive words and accusations leveled against God's children.

Your attack against God's church is an attack against God's own Son. It's antichrist.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 19:44
    @secondson said
    Your message in this forum is one of disdain and contempt.
    Well I don’t call other Christians “asholes” whenever I’ve had a couple of drinks.

But yeah, I’m not impressed by the religionists posting in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree