1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 19:45
    @secondson said
    Your attack against God's church is an attack against God's own Son. It's antichrist.
    So I’m Antichrist and an ashole. Wow.

And I was only going to call you a blowhard.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:50
    @secondson said
    Your intelligence is dedicated to disbelief.
    How so?

What is your intelligence "dedicated" to?

What do you think intelligence has to do with faith?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:56
    @secondson said
    Intelligence has nothing to do with it. But that doesn't excuse the hearer from using his intelligence to sift out the lies of the devil, the biggest being 'there is no God'.
    You say intelligence has nothing to do with faith.

BUT you also suggest it should also be used to end up with the same faith as you?

You sound like you are contradicting yourself.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 22:01
    @secondson said
    There's only one qualification for preaching and teaching the truth of God's Word and that is the willingness of the believer to be used by God to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    How does someone like you know the difference between a self-appointed Christian preacher and one that you perceive as being "used by God"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 22:11
    @secondson said
    There's only one qualification for preaching and teaching the truth of God's Word and that is the willingness of the believer to be used by God to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    If, as you insist, "willingness" is the only qualification, where does that leave other qualifications that a teacher ought to have?

Might not there be some people who are not suited to preaching who should be doing other things [in God's name, as you would have it] like working in soup kitchens, attending to the physically disabled, laying down water and sanitation systems, working with street kids, vaccinating people, raising money and whatever other walk-the-walk Christian activities?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 22:14
    @sonship said
    God loves intelligent people. God loves more intelligent then them people. God reveals Himself to people of lesser intelligence. And He loves and reveals Himself to people of a low IQ as well.
    God loves more intelligent then them people.

Can you have another go at this sentence?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 06:59
    @secondson said
    Intelligence has nothing to do with it. But that doesn't excuse the hearer from using his intelligence
    So intelligence has nothing to do with it, but still has something to do with it... right!

So what if the hearer has a low intelligence, are they “excused”??
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 20:30
    @fmf said
    God loves more intelligent then them people.

Can you have another go at this sentence?
    God loves people of varied levels of intelligence.
    That's what I meant to communicate.

A word or something was left out apparently.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 20:351 edit
    @FMF

Does it take intelligence to believe Jesus is still alive and does it indicate some shortfall in intelligence if one believes he died over 2 000 years ago?

People of varied levels of intelligence have taken a position on Christ's life, death, and resurrection.

All across the spectrum of human intelligence men and women have reacted to the good news (the Gospel) with either belief or unbelief.

It will always be that way.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 21:46
    @sonship said

People of varied levels of intelligence have taken a position on Christ's life, death, and resurrection.
    Just as snow should not fall in summer, nor rain at harvest time, so people should not honor a fool.

Proverb 26

God doesn't like foolish people.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 22:121 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Just as snow should not fall in summer, nor rain at harvest time, so people should not honor a fool.

Proverb 26

God doesn't like foolish people.
    And when I read ON I come to this -

Hast thou seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope of a fool than of him. (Prov. 26:12)

Though God doesn't like men to be fools He says a man "wise in his own eyes" has less hope then a fool does.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 00:01
    @sonship said
    So do you think that a person who doesn't believe [that Jesus was who you believe he was] is exhibiting a "waste of intelligence"?
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 02:48
    @fmf said
    Posted by a Christian on another thread

"Your mind lives in a world where Jesus is dead. What a waste of intelligence."

Does it take intelligence to believe Jesus is still alive and does it indicate some shortfall in intelligence if one believes he died over 2 000 years ago?

What role does intelligence play in religious belief and faith?
    The original post actually implies that you can be intelligent & believe Christ died and was never resurrected.

It says that to do so merely is a waste.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 02:49
    @sonship said
    And when I read ON I come to this -

Hast thou seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope of a fool than of him. (Prov. 26:12)

Though God doesn't like men to be fools He says a man "wise in his own eyes" has less hope then a fool does.
    This is because any spiritual progress becomes impossible if you are not humble.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 04:341 edit
    @philokalia said
    The original post actually implies that you can be intelligent & believe Christ died and was never resurrected.

It says that to do so merely is a waste.
    And so, what do you make of that?

Both SecondSon and you like to riff on the "intelligence" of the people you debate with.

What do you think of his latest riff on "intelligence"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree