What atheism really teaches

What atheism really teaches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
Please explain then why the comparison is not valid? Why is your lack of fear of unicorns and goblins (due to your lack of belief in their existence) more understandable than our lack of fear of a lake of fire (that we similarly do not believe exists)?

Why do you expect us to fear a lake of fire, when you do not fear unicorns and goblins?

--- Penguin.
An unbelieving and evil generation seeks signs and explanations, but the only sign and explanation that will be given is the cross of christ and the Holy Bible.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are not a Christian nor are you without sin yourself, so what makes you think you have any right to judge me as a Christian? Jesus said, "There shall be wars and rumors of wars..." 😏
That must have been the easiest prophecy ever. There's going to be wars. Oh really? What makes you think that?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kepler
That must have been the easiest prophecy ever. There's going to be wars. Oh really? What makes you think that?
Because Jesus said so. It turns out He was right. Do you count that as a fulfilled prophecy or not?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
28 Apr 13

Because Jesus said so. It turns out He was right. Do you count that as a fulfilled prophecy or not?
So long as man is on the earth there will be war.

Jesus or no Jesus.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Apr 13

Yeah, really a stretch for someone to prophecize war when savage humans are around. Who would have known.......

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 13

When a man of God prophesied about a coming war in the Old Testament, there was a lot of detail involved in the prophecy. Probably just so people could not say it vague..eh?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Here's a prophecy for you:

A man will die.

Bloody hell! I'm a prophet.

There will be wars and rumours of wars is the same sort of prophecy. I woulkd regard it as more remarkable if Jesus had said there will be no more war and that had come true.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Here's a prophecy for you:

A man will die.

Bloody hell! I'm a prophet.

There will be wars and rumours of wars is the same sort of prophecy. I woulkd regard it as more remarkable if Jesus had said there will be no more war and that had come true.
Here is the complete prophecy in which Jesus first predicts the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem that was fulfilled in 70 A.D.

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Predicts The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Predicts The Great Tribulation

“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Predicts False Christs

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

“Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Predicts The Coming of the Son of Man

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

(Matthew 24:1-31,37-39,42 NKJV)

P

Moves
29 Apr 13

An unbelieving and evil generation seeks signs and explanations, but the only sign and explanation that will be given is the cross of christ and the Holy Bible.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
That sounds to me like the response of one who has lost the argument.

Are you unable to justify why you expect us to fear a lake of fire when you see no reason to fear unicorns and goblins?

--- Penguin.

P

Moves
29 Apr 13

Here is the complete prophecy in which Jesus first predicts the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem that was fulfilled in 70 A.D.

[b]Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall ...[text shortened]... efore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

(Matthew 24:1-31,37-39,42 NKJV)[/b]

Remind me again when the gospels were actually written down? There is no proof here that he did actually predict this. And even if he did, it was bound to come true sooner or later.

Predicts The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age.

Wars and rumors of wars of wars were a constant fact of life before, during and since Christ. Recently though, the world has generally become a lot more peaceful. I am not aware of anyone claiming to be Christ Returned, but I wouldn't rule it out as there are plenty of nutters in the world. Famines, pestilence earthquakes have not increased in the last couple of thousand years, indeed famines and pestilence are generally coming down, thanks to science, modern technology and more peaceful society. Essentially, this prediction has not come true.

Predicts The Great Tribulation.

Well none of that lot has happened. Bad things, yes but nothing that could be described as "such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time".

Predicts False Christs

Again, I have not heard of anyone claiming to be Christ in recent times (or indeed in any time since the first one). But again, there are plenty of people claiming some sort of divine or inspired knowledge, always have been and probably always will. It's either a failed prediction or one just as pointless as 'the Sun will rise tomorrow'.

Predicts The Coming of the Son of Man

As I say, the tribulation as described previously has certainly not happened, and neither have the events described here. I have not seen any sign of the Son of Man in the sky, the sun and the moon have not darkened, the stars have not fallen, there has been no great trumpeting. I think we can safely say that this prediction has not been fulfilled.

I give that lot 1/4 out of 5, and that is being generous.

--- Penguin

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 13

That sounds to me like the response of one who has lost the argument.

Are you unable to justify why you expect us to fear a lake of fire when you see no reason to fear unicorns and goblins?

--- Penguin.
Perhaps there is someone that is more equipped to bring the conversation down to your level on here, so that you may be able to understand. I will leave the task to such a one that is willing to try.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 Apr 13

For all those who are against guns. If someone came into your house and raped your family are you just going to sit there and let them do it. I think not. God has given us the right to defend our family.

P

Moves
30 Apr 13

Nobody else is stepping up to the plate and it would seem daft to expect a third party to explain your personal viewpoint to us. I am sure we would be able to understand your explanation, I would certainly give it a go.

So please don't leave us concluding that you have no answer. Explain to us why you think we should fear a lake of fire that we do not believe exists, when you do not fear unicorns and goblins because you do not believe they exist.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

Nobody else is stepping up to the plate and it would seem daft to expect a third party to explain your personal viewpoint to us. I am sure we would be able to understand your explanation, I would certainly give it a go.

So please don't leave us concluding that you have no answer. Explain to us why you think we should fear a lake of fire that we do not bel ...[text shortened]... hen you do not fear unicorns and goblins because you do not believe they exist.

--- Penguin.
I said I believe in unicorns, but not so sure about the goblins, unless you are taking about ghosts.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 May 13

I said I believe in unicorns, but not so sure about the goblins, unless you are taking about ghosts.
Q. Why do faeries go to goblin parties?

A. So the don't get pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!