What atheism really teaches

What atheism really teaches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
My dad was killed with a firearm, my mom shot, my stepdad shot where they had a little mom and pop grocery store. My dad did have a gun so did my step dad. The gang that came in and robbed them just came in shooting. It wouldn't matter WHAT kind of weapon you have if that happens.

No I don't have a firearm. I don't happen to live in fear. You live in fear, the bad guys have already won. I refuse to give them the satisfaction.
Having a gun to defend myself and my family does not mean I live in fear. I just feel that I need to stand up and support the rights and freedoms of all those that might wish to choose to have the opportunity to defend themselves with a firearm, if the need happens to arise. You are not against the right to choose life over death are you? This has nothing to do with the right to choose an abortion, but I would choose the right of the baby to live, myself.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Prepare yourself for the Lake of Fire, which is reserved for all the accusers of the brethren.

(Revelation 12:10)
An you prepare yourself to be stabbed by a unicorn next time you go out in the garden.

Moves
27 Apr 13

Having a gun to defend myself and my family does not mean I live in fear. I just feel that I need to stand up and support the rights and freedoms of all those that might wish to choose to have the opportunity to defend themselves with a firearm, if the need happens to arise. You are not against the right to choose life over death are you? This has nothing ...[text shortened]... with the right to choose an abortion, but I would choose the right of the baby to live, myself.
real men and women stand up for people rights without guns..........

jesus
gandhi
king
parks
mandela
lennon

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
An you prepare yourself to be stabbed by a unicorn next time you go out in the garden.
Perhaps I will put on my breastplate of righteousness and use the sword of the Spirit against it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
real men and women stand up for people rights without guns..........

jesus
gandhi
king
parks
mandela
lennon
I do too. But since we have guns, there is no reason not to have one as a backup. There was no guns to be had by Jesus. However, He did recommend a sword to his disciples. Perhaps they would have lasted longer, if they had taken His advice.

Moves
27 Apr 13

I do too. But since we have guns, there is no reason not to have one as a backup. There was no guns to be had by Jesus. However, He did recommend a sword to his disciples. Perhaps they would have lasted longer, if they had taken His advice.
why does jesus advise them that two swords would be enough? jesus and his follwers never actually carry swords, how do you responsible your attitude towards guns with this.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
27 Apr 13

Having a gun to defend myself and my family does not mean I live in fear. I just feel that I need to stand up and support the rights and freedoms of all those that might wish to choose to have the opportunity to defend themselves with a firearm, if the need happens to arise. You are not against the right to choose life over death are you? This has nothing ...[text shortened]... with the right to choose an abortion, but I would choose the right of the baby to live, myself.
You're a joke.

What about thou shalt not kill?
Love thy neighbour?
Turn the other cheek?

You're a plastic christian RJ.

You're not a real christian.

The Amish would be more christian than you.

You're a hypocrite with a Bible in one hand and a gun in the other.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
You're a joke.

What about thou shalt not kill?
Love thy neighbour?
Turn the other cheek?

You're a plastic christian RJ.

You're not a real christian.

The Amish would be more christian than you.

You're a hypocrite with a Bible in one hand and a gun in the other.
I did not kill my neighbor, but instead I showed him love by turning the other cheek. But the enemy that comes to steal and kill, that is a different matter. Why must a Christian act like a coward toward his enemy. David was no coward, when he cut off the head of Goliath, the enemy of Israel and God.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
27 Apr 13

I did not kill my neighbor, but instead I showed him love by turning the other cheek. But the enemy that comes to steal and kill, that is a different matter. Why must a Christian act like a coward toward his enemy. David was no coward, when he cut off the head of Goliath, the enemy of Israel and God.
The new testament preaches peace and love,
not hate and anger and war.

You don't follow those rules.

P

Moves
27 Apr 13

Are you serious? I thought you were kidding, so I was going along with it and kidding you back. No, I am not scared of an imaginary white horse with a long yellow horn growing out of its head. You seriously could not believe that. 😀
So you see no reason to be scared of something that you do not believe exists, and you give no creedence to attempts to persuade you of it's danger.

Yet you persist in trying to persuade us of the dangers of a lake of fire that we don't believe exists, and you wonder why we give your advice no credence.

How can you so completely fail to understand something so simple RJ?

Penguin.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Apr 13

I've managed to live almost 3/4 of a century without the need of a gun yet. I expect to get to the rest of my first century without the need of one either.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
The new testament preaches peace and love,
not hate and anger and war.

You don't follow those rules.
You are not a Christian nor are you without sin yourself, so what makes you think you have any right to judge me as a Christian? Jesus said, "There shall be wars and rumors of wars..." 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by Penguin
So you see no reason to be scared of something that you do not believe exists, and you give no creedence to attempts to persuade you of it's danger.

Yet you persist in trying to persuade us of the dangers of a lake of fire that we don't believe exists, and you wonder why we give your advice no credence.

How can you so completely fail to understand something so simple RJ?

Penguin.
My mind is just too complex for such simple things like that. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I've managed to live almost 3/4 of a century without the need of a gun yet. I expect to get to the rest of my first century without the need of one either.
That is because others have used a gun to fight and die to protect all our freedoms. But you cocky, arrogant, S.O.B. don't appreaciate none of it. Neither do you appreciate Christ suffering a crucifixion death to pay for all our sins.

P

Moves
28 Apr 13

My mind is just too complex for such simple things like that. 😏
Please explain then why the comparison is not valid? Why is your lack of fear of unicorns and goblins (due to your lack of belief in their existence) more understandable than our lack of fear of a lake of fire (that we similarly do not believe exists)?

Why do you expect us to fear a lake of fire, when you do not fear unicorns and goblins?

--- Penguin.