1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 18:34
    Originally posted by vistesd
    That’s interesting. Do you mean to say that if/when the devil exegetes/interprets the Bible, he is going to be sure that he does it correctly to prevent being challenged on that score?

Could you flesh that idea out a little more?
    I'm was thinking 'Screwtape Letters' when I read that comment.

The message I got from that inspired text was that false piety (that is, piety
    for the sake of being pious) is the greatest of sins. It echoes the passage in
    the Bible with the Pharisee and the Publican.

The greatest danger for any believer of any faith is to assume that their
    Sacred Text is a handbook with all the answers. Human faith, which is necessarily
    imperfect because we have an imperfect understanding of the Divine, is always
    going to be developing, always going to be a touch-and-go type of thing. In the
    absence of omniscience, we cannot know what the right thing to do all the time is
    and, as such, we are always going to be in sin (I sound like a Lutheran, here....),
    but the process of repentance through sincere contrition ('Have mercy on me, a
    sinner'😉 and striving to improve ('...from now on, avoid this sin'😉 is what true
    faith is about.

Simply confessing to having a good faith is salvifically meaningless; from a Christian
    standpoint, you are no different than a Pharisee.

Nemesio
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 18:56
    [b] Nope, the devil uses the bible perfectly...

That’s interesting. Do you mean to say that if/when the devil exegetes/interprets the Bible, he is going to be sure that he does it correctly to prevent being challenged on that score?

Could you flesh that idea out a little more?
    [/b]
    First of if all served GOD through THE SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. There would be no problems in the world. There would be peace as there was in eternalty past. As there will be in eternalty to come.
    You are so correct satan does know the BIBLE. In fact he understands it better than all unbelievers and many believers. This is why subjects, such as are these, that are here on this website and others, are for GOD bashing. The unbelievers made such as issue as not to hear or see the WORD OF GOD, that they have given it, its own thread.
    What a mistake! Now those unbelievers who complained are here anyway.
    Yes satan knows the WORD OF GOD, and he fears it. HE hates it. He knows that his time is comming, when he will stand in judgement. And be punished, and rightly so.
    Keep insulting GOD. Keep making the Sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST a joke, which is the will of satan. And you will find yourself in that same judgement before that same GOD, that you donot believe in, or believe that does not exsist.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:27
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    First of if all served GOD through THE SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. There would be no problems in the world. There would be peace as there was in eternalty past. As there will be in eternalty to come.
    You are so correct satan does know the BIBLE. In fact he understands it better than all unbelievers and many believers. This is why subjects, such as are these, ...[text shortened]... me judgement before that same GOD, that you donot believe in, or believe that does not exsist.
    Good post.🙄
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    You are so correct satan does know the B ...[text shortened]... GOD, that you donot believe in, or believe that does not exsist.
    You know, BF, I think your first post on this thread was a considered one that is certainly not dismissible from a scriptural point of view. I intend to seriously study it further. I wish I had told you this earlier; my neglect.

As for your accusations, if they are aimed at me, they are unwarranted, unfounded, defamatory and, frankly, degenerate. Others can speak for themselves.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 22:14
    You know, BF, I think your first post on this thread was a considered one that is certainly not dismissible from a scriptural point of view. I intend to seriously study it further. I wish I had told you this earlier; my neglect.

As for your accusations, if they are aimed at me, they are unwarranted, unfounded, defamatory and, frankly, degenerate. Others can speak for themselves.
    THE WORD OF GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT,need not me to speak to those issues, that you speak of. I judge noone,THE WORD OF GOD, is the judge. Therefore if I have offended you or anyone else, forgive me. But have you and others offended THE WORD OF GOD?
  6. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 22:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    To be a fundamentalist any-religion, you have to be a bigot as well. That goes without saying and should be taken as fact. The fundamentalist christians on here seem to view their bigotry as a plus point in the eyes of jesus.

From dictionary.com...
    big·ot
    One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

D
    You definition does not even remotely describe a true Christian....your definition is the opposite of a true Christian....

Jesus welcomed prostitutes, beggars, theives, adulterers, and all maner of folks to come to repentance.....keep studying, Rag, 'cause you'll get it one day....
    😉
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 22:24
    Well, I've been a bit thin-skinned these days, and undoubtedly need as much forgiveness as anybody. Need to check the "log in my own eye..." 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 22:33
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Because Fundamentalist Christians (along with fundamentalist Moslems / Jews / Hindus and other benighted people) are the biggest threat to world peace than anything else.
    No the biggest threat to world peace is Sin and Sin only. Man in his battles with himself destroys himself.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 09:51
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    You definition does not even remotely describe a true Christian....your definition is the opposite of a true Christian....

Jesus welcomed prostitutes, beggars, theives, adulterers, and all maner of folks to come to repentance.....keep studying, Rag, 'cause you'll get it one day....
    😉
    I guess there aren't many true christians out there then.

I can't imagine a nice christian neighbourhood welcoming prostitutes, beggars, thieves, adulterers and all manner of folk (even illegal Mexicans Chancre?) into their lives.

Tell me that Darfius' and RBHill's and the other fundies on here aren't bigoted towards homosexuals. And other religions, including other christian religions, like Catholicism.

D
  10. England
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 11:28
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    Nope, the devil uses the bible perfectly...

It's his manipulation of a persons perceptions that make him the devil.

Which is how I always understood that story of how jesus met him in the desert, but hey...I'm not a xtian.

MÅ¥HÅRM
    yes he does to his own deception. but as jesus v satan in 40 days and nights reminds us that without gods grace within us we are powerless, but with him nothing can stand.
  11. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 11:57
    Well, I've been a bit thin-skinned these days, and undoubtedly need as much forgiveness as anybody. Need to check the "log in my own eye..." 🙂
    You're not alone, vistesd. We are all managing lumberyards, I'm sure.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 14:59
    Originally posted by eagles54
    You're not alone, vistesd. We are all managing lumberyards, I'm sure.
    Thanks, eagles, for the sentiment and the consolation.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:28
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Because Fundamentalist Christians (along with fundamentalist Moslems / Jews / Hindus and other benighted people) are the biggest threat to world peace than anything else.
    Hitler, Stalin and Mao disagree with you.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I guess there aren't many true christians out there then.

I can't imagine a nice christian neighbourhood welcoming prostitutes, beggars, thieves, adulterers and all manner of folk (even illegal Mexicans Chancre?) into their lives.

Tell me that Darfius' and RBHill's and the other fundies on here aren't bigoted towards homosexuals. And other religions, including other christian religions, like Catholicism.

D
    I believe I've said several times that my best friend is homosexual. He simply does not act on his feelings like a true Christian should. How am I a bigot?

I would appreciate it if you didn't slander me without at least some evidence.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:35
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I believe I've said several times that my best friend is homosexual. He simply does not act on his feelings like a true Christian should.
    You two must make the cutest couple in Bible Study. 😉

Seriously, do you think he'll make it out alright? Straight, that is. It's great when you're straight, isn't it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree