1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 22:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]What Do We Know About Heaven?

Our finite minds and temporal frames of reference and most vivid imaginations are totally incapable of even beginning to comprehend what God has in store for all human beings since time began.who have simply said "Yes" rather than "No" to His free gift of salvation and eternal life made possible by Christ's redemp ...[text shortened]... ease feel free to contribute facts which you have also learned about your own home for eternity.[/b]
    What I think it is beyond our minds to actually put together what it is going to be like.
    God put together the universe as is in a few days, Jesus said He was going to be
    working on a place for us and has been doing that for a few thousand years. He also
    said it has not entered into the mind of man what is to come.

I think unlike here there will be no pain or sorrow, no times where loved ones leave us
    like they do now in death. What is in store for us I've no idea, but I believe all the suffering
    in this life will not compare to what is to come.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 23:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think unlike here there will be no pain or sorrow, no times where loved ones leave us like they do now in death.
    How will you feel if you know your "loved ones" are being tortured - vengefully - by your God ~ In "Hell" or the "Lake of Fire"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 23:33
    Our finite minds and temporal frames of reference and most vivid imaginations are totally incapable of even beginning to comprehend what God has in store for all human beings since time began.who have simply said "Yes" rather than "No" to His free gift of salvation and eternal life made possible by Christ's redemptive work on behalf of us all.

Is it your contention that humans can somehow choose to believe something they simply do not believe?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 01:04

Our finite minds and temporal frames of reference and most vivid imaginations are totally incapable of even beginning to comprehend what God has in store for all human beings since time began.who have simply said "Yes" rather than "No" to His free gift of salvation and eternal life made possible by Christ's redemp ...[text shortened]... ease feel free to contribute facts which you have also learned about your own home for eternity.[/b]
    According to the bible, "Heaven" is anywhere above the earth. For example, a bird flying above is in the heavens, and airplane in flight is in the heavens.
    That is basically what heaven means.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 02:02

Heaven was supposed to be the Kingdom of God realized on earth within their own lifetimes. It was a conditional concept which required the followers of Jesus to be sufficiently inspired by him to actualize it themselves. Since they obviously failed, Heaven was subsequently re-imagined as being some otherworldly entity. It has remained hopelessly out of reach ever since.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 03:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'll answer after Grampy Bobby does.
    Don't hold your breath.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 06:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What I think it is beyond our minds to actually put together what it is going to be like.
    This elegant sentence from the man who understands how his god created the cosmos!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 12:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    This elegant sentence from the man who understands how his god created the cosmos!
    You're the right way about finding yourself being ignored by KellyJay young man!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 06:03
    Note: The delay in my replies has been intentional. Why? To gauge the level of serious interest in learning more about the eternal home of all believers in Christ. When there's "serious interest" patience is demonstrated; impatience betrays an off topic agenda and ulterior motivations..
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 08:00
    Note: The delay in my replies has been intentional. Why? To gauge the level of serious interest in learning more about the eternal home of all believers in Christ. When there's "serious interest" patience is demonstrated; impatience betrays an off topic agenda and ulterior motivations..
    So when most of your boring posts are ignored for weeks you take that as patience?

Boy are you an optimist!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 09:22
    Basically you only respond to people you think will willingly lap up your superior wisdom. I am willing to bet however that you have failed to find any such posters on this forum which explains why you never get around to answering all the questions you put off with 'please stay tuned.' or other such suggestions that you will answer in time.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 09:24
    So when most of your boring posts are ignored for weeks you take that as patience?

Boy are you an optimist!
    No, he is saying he shows patience to people that show 'serious interest' and basically ignores the rest of us.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 10:022 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Basically you only respond to people you think will willingly lap up your superior wisdom. I am willing to bet however that you have failed to find any such posters on this forum which explains why you never get around to answering all the questions you put off with 'please stay tuned.' or other such suggestions that you will answer in time.
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    "Basically you only respond to people you think will willingly lap up your superior wisdom...".

If true, I wouldn't have replied to anyone on this forum in the past seven years. So far at least there's one person with "serious interest".
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 10:09

Boy are you an optimist!
    Then why read and reply to them? Yes, you're damn right, I am optimistic that a few here will still change their minds about accepting rather than rejecting God's grace gift of salvation and eternal life before their opportunities to do so are lost forever. Thanks for your question.
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 19:361 edit
    So God is getting a bit bored in heaven, and he asks his archangel Michael, "Michael, I need to get away from it all for a bit. Where should I go to clear my head?"

Michael replies, "Well, you could always go to Pluto. You could go create a mountain and ski, have a bit of fun."

God says, "No, I don't think so. I don't do so well with the cold, and frostbite was definitely not one of my better creations."

The archangels says, "Alright, well you could always try Mercury. It's nice and warm, you could just take a bit of time to relax, get a nice tan."

"Michael," God says, "do you see how white I am? I would burn to a crisp."

Michael replies, "Alright, well then why don't you go to Earth?"

"Screw that," God says, "last time I went there I got some broad pregnant and I NEVER heard the end of it."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree