1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 17:412 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Some would argue that mankind is on his well on his way to destroying himself.
    Some might argue almost anything. That doesn't change the fact that human peaceful cooperation has led to our species' dominance over this planet and that without that cooperation we would not have survived at all. If our nature was to kill each other as you seem to think, how long would Man have existed?
  2. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 18:20
    i put faith in my girlfriend and the other stragglers i love, what else is there??
    the big multicoloured man in the sky?
    i dont dissagree with god i just wish hed pop in once every couple of thousand years to rock the boat a little,,,u know.....give people a bit of faith.
    me,,, im just happy to be here without the need for the big man, and if i did meet such an entity when i die i will say HAHAHAHAHAAAA...you sly secrative sado bastard! what is your fucvking problem?? ( my one question to the big man then "pfft" im sure id get my ass smoked.

peaz
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 22:342 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Some might argue almost anything. That doesn't change the fact that human peaceful cooperation has led to our species' dominance over this planet and that without that cooperation we would not have survived at all. If our nature was to kill each other as you seem to think, how long would Man have existed?
    You are not understanding what I am saying. What I am saying is that we have a sin nature that is called such because we tend to place ourselves first above all else at times. This is far different than saying that it is our nature to kill other human beings even though at times killing fits the bill towards goals that are selfish in origin. For the most part, however, destroying the planet is not in accordance with this overall self interest. For example, a few carefully pressed buttons and the entire world could vanish as we know it instantly. We have the capacity to destroy ourselves but it is not in our self interest to do so and we are still here because as of yet sanity has prevailed thus far. You might even say that wars have been prevented as a direct result of this capacity of assured mutual self destruction. However, the mere fact we have the capacity to do so in order to protect our self interest is frightening and should be alarming. At some point such sanity may vanish for whatever reason and as we know such sanity has been known to vanish from time to time.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by psychoalpha
    i put faith in my girlfriend and the other stragglers i love, what else is there??
    the big multicoloured man in the sky?
    i dont dissagree with god i just wish hed pop in once every couple of thousand years to rock the boat a little,,,u know.....give people a bit of faith.
    me,,, im just happy to be here without the need for the big man, and if i did ...[text shortened]... roblem?? ( my one question to the big man then "pfft" im sure id get my ass smoked.

peaz
    What else is there, perhaps one day you will find out.

I thought it interesting that you say you dont dissagree with God, rather, you just want him to pop in from time to time. However, it is my belief that he has done so and continues to do so, but maybe he has not done so to fit your liking? You say that he should pop in to give us all a little bit of faith but when he has popped in it has not seemed to help. Look at Adam and Eve. Look at the children of Israel. Look at those who witnessed Jesus save a handful of followers. All lost faith even though they were confronted with the power of God being demonstrated before their very eyes. Therefore, maybe proving God exists has nothing to do with our faith. Maybe faith in God has more to do with how much we love him just like how much faith we place our faith in those we love. After all, do you trust me even though I am sure you believe I exist?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree