1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 17:34
    Is anybody on here Catholic? If so what do Catholics think about enforcing a sunday law?
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    17 May '07 19:03
    Originally posted by marine bio
    In the Bible, it talks about that in the end of time and that during this time, Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs. I do not know of any country that has this law yet, but I believe that all it would take is one more major terrorist attack like 9\11, and it would push the goverment to enforce it in the United States. Yes, it would require anyone in any religion to become sunday churchgoers. 🙁
    Another attack would have many results, but creating a law on when people can go to church is just too bizarre to contemplate. I can't even imagine how you made a leap from persecution to the government telling people when to go to church.
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:06
    It is persecution because when the law does come into play, the consequence of not going to church on sunday would be either jail or the death penalty.
  4. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:19
    It is persecution because when the law does come into play, the consequence of not going to church on sunday would be either jail or the death penalty.
    WTF!?
  5. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:221 edit
    Somthing wrong! If not please restrain your language bud. This is a discussion about religion after all.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:31
    Who is filling your head with this stuff? What makes you think that the law is even a possibility -- that it's something Congress has been discussing in a country where freedom of religion includes freedom from religion? And even during the most strict of times in ancient history and early American history, there is no record of anyone being arrested for not going to church, let alone getting the death penalty. Someone is filling your head with nonsense. Really. At the very least, please provide some sort of reference: mainstream book, magazine, newspaper, web site -- that discusses this as a serious possibility or even at all.
  7. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:39
    just do an internet search for "national sunday law". This should satisfy your questioning.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    17 May '07 20:50
    just do an internet search for "national sunday law". This should satisfy your questioning.
    I see ... it was started by a man who said Christ would return in 1851.
  9. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 21:07
    Ther should be alot more to it than that.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 21:09
    Dude, it sounds like you wish to reinstitute the Spanish Inquisition. Is this the case? Would you like the church to climb back into bed with our politicians?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 May '07 22:07
    Is anybody on here Catholic? If so what do Catholics think about enforcing a sunday law?
    It would sound like the anti-christ to me.
  12. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 22:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Dude, it sounds like you wish to reinstitute the Spanish Inquisition. Is this the case? Would you like the church to climb back into bed with our politicians?
    No! I want just the opposite
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '07 08:59
    In the Bible, it talks about that in the end of time and that during this time, Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs. I do not know of any country that has this law yet, but I believe that all it would take is one more major terrorist attack like 9\11, and it would push the goverment to enforce it in the United States. Yes, it would require anyone in any religion to become sunday churchgoers. 🙁
    And would this be a world wide event or just in your country? Americans are so self centered! Why 9/11 ? What if the war in Iraq triggers such a law in Iraq?
    For such a law to become worldwide you would need a few more Christians for a start! Muslims prefer fridays.
    And these Christians who will get persecuted, do you mean all those who call themselves Christians or just you Seventh day adventists?

Some of my ancestors were quakers and they used to get into trouble for not going to church.
  14. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    18 May '07 13:10
    ok. For one thing, Im just talking about happening in the US. Another thing is that it would be a big deal for mainly seventh day adventists and jews.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '07 13:27
    ok. For one thing, Im just talking about happening in the US. Another thing is that it would be a big deal for mainly seventh day adventists and jews.
    It would be an even bigger deal for us atheists. But as I said you are so self centered in thinking that a prophesy in the Bible must be talking about the US.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree