1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    18 May '07 13:351 edit
    Hey bud, do a bible study in revelation and the pieces should come together. by the way I am not self centered. You guys are the ones that are.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '07
    Moves
    18 May '07 13:48
    My only contactwith Seventh-Day Adventist was when a thoroughly pleasent man told me that I would go to hell for following "the anti-christ". Are such immature thoughts still being held by protestant churches?
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    18 May '07 17:31
    Sorry. Some people in the seventh day adventist church can be quite rude, I know this because many people have left due to this.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 May '07 03:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    Would you like the church to climb back into bed with our politicians?
    Uh . . . isn't that effectively what evangelicals are doing now? I know there's been a small rift in the RNC/evangelical coalition, but all in all, I think it's still alive and well right*?

* - Yes, I know Christianity is not about politics; it's about a "relationship with Christ," "God's kingdom not the world's government," and all that; but effectively in the United States evangelicals have essentially become another faction of the Republican party.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 May '07 03:211 edit
    Originally posted by marine bio
    Sorry. Some people in the seventh day adventist church can be quite rude, I know this because many people have left due to this.
    The SDA that I have met are generally much nicer than most other Christians. Mormons still have you beat though. Mormons are the nicest darn people on the planet.

Edit: I forgot that there is a heavy language filter here.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 03:39
    Originally posted by telerion
    Uh . . . isn't that effectively what evangelicals are doing now? I know there's been a small rift in the RNC/evangelical coalition, but all in all, I think it's still alive and well right*?

* - Yes, I know Christianity is not about politics; it's about a "relationship with Christ," "God's kingdom not the world's government," and all that; but effectivel ...[text shortened]... d States evangelicals have essentially become another faction of the Republican party.
    Some do and that is their bad. The church should not sell out to the state. However, this does not mean that the church should not have a voice in politics. Are Christians the only ones to not be represented or the only ones not to raise their voice within the society in which they live? I will agree that there is a fine line here and it is up to each Christian not to sell out to a particular party or to a particular politician. Our only allegence is to Christ and Christ alone. As for the state, however, God help us all if they begin to tell us what God wants us to do. They are power hungry enough as it is as we see "nanny states" springing up all over the world.
  7. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    20 May '07 21:28
    What do you think about religion and politics mixing?
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:05
    Very bad. Religious leaders can tell their congregations what to do if they see fit but they shouldn't have a say over the rest of us.
  9. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    21 May '07 05:59
    That is why there is separation of church and state.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree