1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 06:40
    What do you think the Christian reaction ~ both philosophical and practical ~ should be to people fleeing from the devastated Bahamas to the U.S. seeking shelter and safety?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 21:59
    @fmf said
    What do you think the Christian reaction ~ both philosophical and practical ~ should be to people fleeing from the devastated Bahamas to the U.S. seeking shelter and safety?
    Humanitarian.

You should be embarrassed for asking such a loaded question. It reveals two things about you. One is it appears your purpose for posting here is to find new ways to demean Christians, and two it demonstrates your innate egocentric superiority complex.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 22:22
    @secondson said
    Humanitarian.

You should be embarrassed for asking such a loaded question. It reveals two things about you. One is it appears your purpose for posting here is to find new ways to demean Christians, and two it demonstrates your innate egocentric superiority complex.
    Well said.

He was likely waiting for someone like eladar to make some political comment about refugees, then attack.

The answer is a no brainer. Thousands are homeless and need help.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 22:44
    @secondson said
    Humanitarian.
    Meaning what exactly?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 22:45
    @chaney3 said
    What kinds of help?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 22:50
    @chaney3 said
    He was likely waiting for someone like eladar to make some political comment about refugees, then attack.
    What do you think the Christian reaction to refugees from the Bahamas should be?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 23:11
    @fmf said
    The correct Christian reaction based on the teachings of Christ and the early Apostles, is to feed, clothe, shelter and do whatever is necessary to assist. Church Christians however may shy away from that as it is good works.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 23:16
    @rajk999 said
    The correct Christian reaction based on the teachings of Christ and the early Apostles, is to feed, clothe, shelter and do whatever is necessary to assist. Church Christians however may shy away from that as it is good works.
    Thanks. chaney3 and SecondSon seemed upset that I asked.

I'm interested in some of the things I'm seeing in the news.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 23:23
    @fmf said
    Thanks. chaney3 and SecondSon seemed upset that I asked.

I'm interested in some of the things I'm seeing in the news.
    Christians will naturally be upset because they know that their doctrine decries good works so they feel guilty. Yeah , the Bahamas was hit pretty hard. Ive been in a Cat 5 some years ago, and lived in the carnage. Its rough but people will survive. There are couple pluses that come out of that kind of disaster so its not all bad.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 23:451 edit
    @secondson said
    it appears your purpose for posting here is to find new ways to demean Christians, and two it demonstrates your innate egocentric superiority complex.
    I am curious about what I perceive as a lack of response from American Christians to their government's demonizing of Bahamians seemingly to stop - or seek to garner support for stopping - non-white immigrants entering the U.S.

People from the Bahamas - prior to the disaster - could travel to the U.S. without a visa as long as they had a passport and evidence of a clean police record.

Suddenly, the U.S. wants Bahamians to go through weeks-long visa applications and would not give temporary protected immigration status to people who managed to evacuate after the islands were hit by the hurricane.

This temporary protected immigration status would have allowed refugees to live and work in the U.S. and maybe send money back to the Bahamas while the islands recover from the worst hurricane in its history.

I am wondering what American (and other) Christians thought of all this when seen through the prism of their Christian beliefs.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 23:49
    I've seen the 'Christian reaction' from chaney3, SecondSon and Rajk999. Anyone else?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 02:41
    @fmf said
    Christian, or not - offer them food and shelter, of course. It's the decent thing to do for other people in need.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 07:59
    @secondson said
    Another word you should look up (in addition to those others I suggested elsewhere) is “innate”.

You really would benefit in here from keeping a dictionary to hand Joseph.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 08:00
    @chaney3 said
    If it’s a “no-brainer” then what, exactly, would you do?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 08:02
    @rajk999 said
    The correct Christian reaction based on the teachings of Christ and the early Apostles, is to feed, clothe, shelter and do whatever is necessary to assist.
    Do let me know how you get on with the feeding, clothing, sheltering and whatever else you do to help these people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree