1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 08:081 edit
    @fmf said
    I've seen the 'Christian reaction' from chaney3, SecondSon and Rajk999. Anyone else?
    As Queen Elizabeth is constitutionally still the head of State, I would wholeheartedly endorse the UK taxpayer supporting whatever action the Bahamas government is doing themselves, which I’m sure will be plenty being as they are one of the richest countries in the Americas in terms of GDP by head of capita.

Edit: I would also enforce all of the tax avoiding companies who filter millions of $ of income via the offshore loopholes to pay a significant proportion towards the rebuilding of the infrastructure.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 22:04
    @fmf said
    I am curious about what I perceive as a lack of response from American Christians to their government's demonizing of Bahamians seemingly to stop - or seek to garner support for stopping - non-white immigrants entering the U.S.

People from the Bahamas - prior to the disaster - could travel to the U.S. without a visa as long as they had a passport and evidence of a clean polic ...[text shortened]... n (and other) Christians thought of all this when seen through the prism of their Christian beliefs.
    What are the Christians, Muslims and Hindus in your country doing?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 22:11
    @fmf said
    Meaning what exactly?
    Meaning everything.

You're over complicating the issue in this backwater forum.

Perhaps you'd like to post a comprehensive dissertation outlining a plan to save the world.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:58
    @secondson said
    What are the Christians, Muslims and Hindus in your country doing?
    I don't know. But if Bahamians fleeing the devastation reach the ports of Indonesia, even without a visa, I would expect the Christians here to advocate taking them in, letting them stay and work temporarily, and helping them out with food and shelter initially. But the distance between the Bahamas and Indonesia makes this a bit hypothetical.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 00:00
    @secondson said
    Meaning everything.

You're over complicating the issue in this backwater forum.

Perhaps you'd like to post a comprehensive dissertation outlining a plan to save the world.
    I'm simply talking about the recent disaster in the Bahamas and the refugees who've fled or tried to flee to the U.S.
  6. old pueblo
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 02:49
    @rajk999 said
    Christians will naturally be upset because they know that their doctrine decries good works so they feel guilty. Yeah , the Bahamas was hit pretty hard. Ive been in a Cat 5 some years ago, and lived in the carnage. Its rough but people will survive. There are couple pluses that come out of that kind of disaster so its not all bad.
    Faith without works is dead.
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 02:54
    @fmf said
    What do you think the Christian reaction ~ both philosophical and practical ~ should be to people fleeing from the devastated Bahamas to the U.S. seeking shelter and safety?
    Most Christians in the US belong to the "Church of Jesus Christ Hypocrite" sect .
    You would think that the US vice-president , Pence , being a self proclaimed "devout Christian " would be leading the effort to help . No chance .
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:17
    @caissad4 said
    Most Christians in the US belong to the "Church of Jesus Christ Hypocrite" sect .
    You would think that the US vice-president , Pence , being a self proclaimed "devout Christian " would be leading the effort to help . No chance .
    I think perhaps, from Pence's perspective, demonizing Bahamians to garner support for stopping non-white immigrants entering the U.S. ~ and/or suddenly insisting on previously unnecessary weeks-long visa applications and withholding temporary protected immigration status ~ are reactions rooted in Christian beliefs.
  9. old pueblo
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:26
    There was an article a while ago about a creepy small town church. The group were Trump supporters, and the pastor was vague when discussing infidelity, for example, so as not to offend the parishioners by pointing out how unChristian their beloved president was.

These white women claimed that the Biblical admonitions to Love Your Neighbor just applied to local neighbors, Americans. It got worse from there. If I can find the link, I'll post it.

Which then leads to the question: Does anyone believe that it's the pastor's job to keep his little flock happy?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:36
    @sahuaro said
    There was an article a while ago about a creepy small town church. The group were Trump supporters, and the pastor was vague when discussing infidelity, for example, so as not to offend the parishioners by pointing out how unChristian their beloved president was.

These white women claimed that the Biblical admonitions to Love Your Neighbor just applied to local neighbors, ...[text shortened]... ads to the question: Does anyone believe that it's the pastor's job to keep his little flock happy?
    No, it is the pastors job to tell those that attend at his church the truth, and the truth more times than not will not make people happy who love their sins.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:47
    @kellyjay said
    No, it is the pastors job to tell those that attend at his church the truth, and the truth more times than not will not make people happy who love their sins.
    What about the thread topic? What about refugees from the Bahamas fleeing to the U.S.?
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:55
    @fmf said
    What about the thread topic? What about refugees from the Bahamas fleeing to the U.S.?
    Come on ! You expect any pro-Trump Christians to condemn any Republican action or inaction ? It is the Church of Jesus Christ Hypocrite in action .
    Prove me wrong KellyJay .
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 18:33
    @fmf said
    I've seen the 'Christian reaction' from chaney3, SecondSon and Rajk999. Anyone else?
    You've seen talk.

Talk is cheap.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 02:06
    @caissad4 said
    Come on ! You expect any pro-Trump Christians to condemn any Republican action or inaction ? It is the Church of Jesus Christ Hypocrite in action .
    Christian hypocrisy reigns supreme !
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 10:01
    @caissad4 said
    I expect any Christian to condemn any Republican or Democrat for actions and inactions that require condemnation. Both parties are nothing but groups filled with people who are all sinners. The is nothing about the political spectrum that alters the nature of humanity into anything special or righteous!

Today there is a variety of reasons that get us to hate each other; people are just looking for reasons to be offended or casting criticism. Satan doesn't care who you hate as long as you do, and the greater the hate the more he likes it, hating the right or the left we lose, it is still just hatred.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree