1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 05:21
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Oh.
    "Oh"?

Is that: "oh, I'm sorry for snidely trying to get mileage out of chaney3's jibe about your joke in the general forum or, "oh I really did think you wanted the signer Prince to be dead for no reason at all"?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Oh"?

Is that: "oh, I'm sorry for snidely trying to get mileage out of chaney3's jibe about your joke in the general forum or, "oh I really did think you wanted the signer Prince to be dead for no reason at all"?
    Just oh.

What joke in the general forum, I generally post in only one, this one.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:553 edits
    Just oh.

What joke in the general forum, I generally post in only one, this one.
    You referred to chaney3's attack on me - about me saying "good riddance" in the GF about Prince. . Are you now pretending you didn't know it was an attack on me regarding that comment about Prince and that's why you mentioned it in your post?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    How does this logically follow?
    The dead have no desires.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 11:50
    You referred to chaney3's attack on me - about me saying "good riddance" in the GF about Prince. . Are you now pretending you didn't know it was an attack on me regarding that comment about Prince and that's why you mentioned it in your post?
    I made a reply to chaney3's post in which part of his post contained the question...

Is a Christian someone who posts 'good riddance' when news of Prince's death is reported?

I did not know the origin of the post nor do I really care. Whether it is in jest or in seriousness... I found that particular comment to be heartless and tragic considering the man had died, regardless of how. Why would a Christian want to say such things anyways?

Are you now pretending you didn't know it was an attack on me regarding that comment about Prince and that's why you mentioned it in your post?

There is no pretending at all, I generally don't frequent other forums so I would not have known where it had come from or that you made such a comment if you had. Should it have mattered anyways if I did know it was from you? I would have made the same post regardless, knowing it was your comments would have had no bearing, should it have?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 11:587 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I see. Read the following excerpt from Sparknotes:
    Don Quixote and Sancho join a group of goatherds for the night. They eat and drink together, and Sancho gets drunk on the goatherds’ wine while Don Quixote tells the group about the “golden age” in which virgins roamed the world freely and without fear.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/donquixote/section3.rhtml

It's not at all uncommon for the present tense to be used when speaking of the written word.

Perhaps some think that "hilarious" and others find the "point" valid?

Perhaps the fact that a semi-believer (but "unbeliever" nonetheless) like chaney3 used the present tense in the title of the post is only "semi-hilarious"? And only a "semi-point" 🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 12:071 edit
    There is no pretending at all, I generally don't frequent other forums so I would not have known where it had come from or that you made such a comment if you had. Should it have mattered anyways if I did know it was from you? I would have made the same post regardless, knowing it was your comments would have had no bearing, should it have?
    If you are going to make derogatory reference to something I have said somewhere and which you only heard second hand from one of the most erratic, self-contradictory and abusive posters at RHP - then don't you think that a) i have a right of reply? and more importantly b) you should have bothered to look at whether the post came from, it's context and addressed me about it personally?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 12:163 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The dead have no desires ... "under the sun."

According to Ecclesiastes the dead leaving this world "under the sun" have nothing left here.

In the book Solomon posses the question about the spirit of the dead and says "Who knows ...?". This means that among the living, among those "under the sun" it is not experimentally known WHAT the dead experience in the realm that they go to.

" All go to once place: all are of dust, and all return to dust. Who knows the breath [spirit] of the children of men, that it goes upward, or the breath of the beasts, that it goes downward to the earth ?" (Ecclesiastes 3:20,21)

Everything in this book concerns the realm in this physical world only ... "under the sun".

Of course the Son of God knows about realms after physical death, whether there was desire or not. And He taught us something about that. Oblivion or annihilation He did not teach about that.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 12:51
    If you are going to make derogatory reference to something I have said somewhere and which you only heard second hand from one of the most erratic, self-contradictory and abusive posters at RHP - then don't you think that a) i have a right of reply? and more importantly b) you should have bothered to look at whether the post came from, it's context and addressed me about it personally?
    If you are going to make derogatory reference to something I have said somewhere and which you only heard second hand from one of the most erratic, self-contradictory and abusive posters at RHP

What was it that I said that you think was derogatory? As I said before, I did not know you had posted such a comment even if you had. Even if I had know it was you, why should that matter to me? There are Christians (or proclaiming Christians) that would have said the same thing.and believed it, my comment was general in nature and it referenced no one specifically. You seem to be annoyed that I did not know it was you, are you?

If chaney3 is "one of the most erratic, self-contradictory and abusive posters at RHP", that is not my experience, I can think of at least a half a dozen well ahead of him in line... but that is me.

then don't you think that a) i have a right of reply?
    A reply to what?
    b) you should have bothered to look at whether the post came from, it's context and addressed me about it personally?
    Why, I was generalizing. Why should I have looked to see if it was from you?

You have made our interchange about you when it never was, my post to chaney3 was not about you, your name was not brought up or insinuated but you want it to be about you, why? I was merely helping a brother out if you will, that's all.

chaney3 may have just moved one step lower on the list of "most erratic, self-contradictory and abusive posters at RHP"... if he ever was on it to begin with.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:22
    I'm so pleased Prince is dead. I hated him with a psychotic hate because he was, well a short person actually. I hated him so much that when I heard he was dead I did nothing, absolutely nothing at all. And even worse than that, when someone posted about it in the general forum, I posted the RHP ubiquitous "good riddance". I am evil, a son of satan, worse than satan, an actual sadist.

🙄
    You insist on asking me whether or not I consider myself a Christian, and I have answered you with "I don't know". I am currently asking questions and doing a bit of soul searching.....and hoping to get some results.

YOU on the other hand 'claim' to be a Christian, yet show NO real signs of actually acting like one. The difference here is that you have never wavered from your insistence that you are a Christian, where I have. AND, I can admit my mistakes and faults.

Your 'good riddance' joke regarding Prince's death was not something a Christian should say, as death is never funny. Instead of bad mouthing me on this forum, you should really take a look at yourself. Your Prince joke, followed by this post I am replying to prove that YOU Dive have much work ahead of you to keep up your 'claim' of being a Christian.

Thank you.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:56
    What was it that I said that you think was derogatory?
    You seem to be having complex comprehension issues. To help you, here is the exchange I am referring to:

Reply by chaney3 to divegeester
    Is a Christian someone who posts 'good riddance' when news of Prince's death is reported?

Reply by yoctobyte to chaney3
    We should not desire the end of another person, even a guy like Prince (as in your example), that is in God's hands.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 13:59
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You insist on asking me whether or not I consider myself a Christian, and I have answered you with "I don't know". I am currently asking questions and doing a bit of soul searching.....and hoping to get some results.

YOU on the other hand 'claim' to be a Christian, yet show NO real signs of actually acting like one. The difference here is that you have ...[text shortened]... to prove that YOU Dive have much work ahead of you to keep up your 'claim' of being a Christian.
    Oh well I must be mistaking you for someone else, and not the person who claimed to be a Christian and claimed they weren't and then lied about it and then bad-mouthed the Bible calling it "bulls***" repeatedly.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3

YOU on the other hand 'claim' to be a Christian, yet show NO real signs of actually acting like one. The difference here is that you have ...[text shortened]... YOU Dive have much work ahead of you to keep up your 'claim' of being a Christian.

Thank you.
    Divegeester is not a Christian despite his pretensions. There are too many instances like this one for us to take his claims seriously and yes despite repeated admonishment to do just that he is not willing to take a look at himself but instead is content to point out the faults it others.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 14:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Divegeester is not a Christian despite his pretensions. There are too many instances like this one for us to take his claims seriously.
    Making a joke about some pretentious, oily pop star dying does not preclude someone from being a Christian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree