1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 21:25
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Suzianne has a point, an atheist either thinks that Jesus was just a man who died a couple of thousand years ago or thinks he didn't exist at all; either way they can't consistently claim that Jesus wants anything at all.
    Did any atheist claim any such thing, or was it a strawman by Suzianne? I think you will find that most atheists who participated in the thread talked about what Jesus is recorded as having wanted during his lifetime. I for one have never claimed 'Jesus wants you to ....'.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 21:34
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So--- if I have this straight--- it's hilarious once, even hilarious twice, but at the end of all it, it's really just sad.

Maybe you should invest in a good internet thesaurus.
    C'mon Freaky.

"I think it hilarious" was used for effect as literary repetition of the phrase used by Suzianne.

I then stated how I actually feel about it.

At least you allowed for the fact that you don't "have this straight", so I'll give you that.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 21:40
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Suzianne has a point, an atheist either thinks that Jesus was just a man who died a couple of thousand years ago or thinks he didn't exist at all; either way they can't consistently claim that Jesus wants anything at all.
    How does this logically follow?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:011 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yours is a very interesting post, regarding my grammar. It did not occur at all to me to use the word *did*, which would imply past tense. When I created the title I instinctively used the word *does*, which, as you pointed out would imply *present tense*, or that Jesus still lives. Without completely realizing that point about myself, it would imply that I believe Jesus, in fact, still lives. Very eye-opening for me. Thanks.

Maybe one step closer to a better belief, and a step away from unbelief?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:18
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Yours is a very interesting post, regarding my grammar. It did not occur at all to me to use the word *did*, which would imply past tense. When I created the title I instinctively used the word *does*, which, as you pointed out would imply *present tense*, or that Jesus still lives. Without completely realizing that point about myself, it would imply that ...[text shortened]... ing for me. Thanks.

Congratulations, you're starting to 'get it'.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Congratulations, you're starting to 'get it'.
    Thanks!!

Honestly, a simple post regarding my grammar was a revelation, of sorts, to me. Odd.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:292 edits
    I'm not exactly sure anymore what a 'Christian' is. So, I don't know.

Is a Christian someone who posts 'good riddance' when news of Prince's death is reported? Like Rakj999 said in his post above, can someone SAY they are a Christian and then their actions and words prove otherwise?

I cited the verse from Mark because I have belief.....but also unbelief, and am willing to try to learn.
    We all have a certain amount of doubt, otherwise there is no faith.

So why faith? I suppose it is because Biblically those who knew that God existed, lost faith in him. Examples include Adam and Eve, or even the children of Israel as they made the golden calf to worship after watching God separate the Red sea and give them manna from heaven to eat.

Faith is something that is involved in any loving relationship. It is a natural outcome. Those we love we place our faith in. Being a Christian has more to do with your relationship with Christ and those who live their lives for him than anything else. It is simply a walk, not a destination. It is simply being in tune with his will for your life and the world and walking in his plan for both.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm so pleased Prince is dead. I hated him with a psychotic hate because he was, well a short person actually. I hated him so much that when I heard he was dead I did nothing, absolutely nothing at all. And even worse than that, when someone posted about it in the general forum, I posted the RHP ubiquitous "good riddance". I am evil, a son of satan, worse than satan, an actual sadist.

🙄
    Oh.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:321 edit
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm so pleased Prince is dead. I hated him with a psychotic hate because he was, well a short person actually. I hated him so much that when I heard he was dead I did nothing, absolutely nothing at all. And even worse than that, when someone posted about it in the general forum, I posted the RHP ubiquitous "good riddance". I am evil, a son of satan, worse than satan, an actual sadist.

🙄
    I knew it. 😠
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 22:342 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    So you think it might be just a matter of semantics? Could very well be, but hopefully DT (and Suzianne?) weren't thinking along such trite lines.

Even at that, a case can be pretty readily made that conceptually Jesus saw His teachings as being applicable to the future as well as His current times with His intended audience stretching into eternity (the phrase "eternal life" is interesting in that respect). As such His words and the concepts that they convey "live" in the present as well as the past. I often use the present tense when speaking of the teaching of Jesus with that concept in mind.
  13. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 00:38
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So... sad or hilarious?
    I think the human condition is sad, it is able to do good and yet if always manages to
    screw it up. So mark me as 'sad' I guess.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 03:033 edits
    I wrote above in a post that Jesus lived by the Father and said those who "eat" Him will also live by Him. (John 6:57)

When you examine the life and words of the Apostle Paul in his letters you see a man who lived by Jesus just as Jesus lived by the Father. We thank God for a model of such a God-man. And he said that he learned "the secret."

In all his very tough troubling circumstances Paul left us a model. He learned the secret to live through Christ as Christ lived by the Father.

" ... I have learned the secret both to be filled and to hunger, both to abound and to lack.

I am able to do all things in Him who empowers me." (Phil. 4:12b-13)

Being such a faithful pioneer of living by the indwelling resurrected Christ as the life giving Spirit, he urged others to observe his success and learn from it.

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace will be with you." (v.9)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 05:171 edit
    Yours is a very interesting post, regarding my grammar. It did not occur at all to me to use the word *did*, which would imply past tense. When I created the title I instinctively used the word *does*, which, as you pointed out would imply *present tense*, or that Jesus still lives. Without completely realizing that point about myself, it would imply that ...[text shortened]... ing for me. Thanks.

Does this mean that you no longer think the Bible is "bulls***?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree