1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 01:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It is true that Russ isn't all-powerful, like your God, and therefore requires help from the community here to alert banned posters who have returned with a new account. - This particular banned member, who made abhorrent references to FMFs family, should provoke more from you than a shrug of the shoulders.
    Do you think I should care about the insults that flow between other posters if they have been here or before or not why? Do you care about the insults that come my way have I ever asked you why you don't say something?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 05:28
    @kellyjay said
    Do you think I should care about the insults that flow between other posters if they have been here or before or not why? Do you care about the insults that come my way have I ever asked you why you don't say something?
    Do you not see yourself as part of an online community?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 05:34
    @kellyjay said
    Do you care about the insults that come my way have I ever asked you why you don't say something?
    Have you been accused of rape and of being a paedophile? Have you been mocked about the death or grave illness of family members? What "insults" are you talking about?
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 05:38
    @fmf said
    Have you been accused of rape and of being a paedophile? Have you been mocked about the death or grave illness of family members? What "insults" are you talking about?
    Are you taking up oxygen?🤭😁
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 09:501 edit
    @mike69 said
    Are you taking up oxygen?🤭😁
    Proverbs say, "For pressing milk produces curds, pressing the nose produces blood, and pressing anger produces strife." I'm surprised that when people push others to anger they react as if they are pure and innocent. I had a friend that I knew better than to trade even friendly insults with, he went places that simply I was not prepared to go as fast as possible. Strife can produce malice and hate and when that happens it can get ugly fast.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 11:16
    @kellyjay said
    Proverbs say, "For pressing milk produces curds, pressing the nose produces blood, and pressing anger produces strife." I'm surprised that when people push others to anger they react as if they are pure and innocent. I had a friend that I knew better than to trade even friendly insults with, he went places that simply I was not prepared to go as fast as possible. Strife can produce malice and hate and when that happens it can get ugly fast.
    The only person exhibiting anger ~ and apparently malice and hate too ~ these last few days has been you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 11:19
    @fmf said
    This was not a rhetorical question, KellyJay. It was in response to your peculiar little victim-card 'counterattack'.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 11:20
    @fmf said
    Do you not see yourself as part of an online community?
    Thls was not a rhetorical question either, KellyJay.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 13:57
    @kellyjay said
    Even for somebody transformed by the holy spirit?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 15:252 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Even for somebody transformed by the holy spirit?
    God starts working on us internally the moment He becomes our Lord and Savior. Each of us all start from different places as we are conformed into what God wants, the rate of change will vary in our sanctification too. So it is possible some will continue act contrary, but in Christ, the Lord is still doing a work He began, and will finish it.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 17:19
    @kellyjay said
    God starts working on us internally the moment He becomes our Lord and Savior. Each of us all start from different places as we are conformed into what God wants, the rate of change will vary in our sanctification too. So it is possible some will continue act contrary, but in Christ, the Lord is still doing a work He began, and will finish it.
    'Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.' Colossians 3:9-10

Surely, at the very least, this new self (caused by receiving the holy spirit) would bring to an end 'malice and hate' and Christians getting 'ugly fast' ?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 20:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.' Colossians 3:9-10

Surely, at the very least, this new self (caused by receiving the holy spirit) would bring to an end 'malice and hate' and Christians getting 'ugly fast' ?
    You would think, but that is on the Lord. You think Jesus’ grace should be turned into merit?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 05:47
    @kellyjay said
    You would think, but that is on the Lord.
    So if a Christian exhibits 'malice and hate' and gets 'ugly fast' … it is “on God” - I see.

That is what you’ve said.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 07:57
    @kellyjay said
    You would think, but that is on the Lord. You think Jesus’ grace should be turned into merit?
    What I think is that the transformation of receiving the holy spirit is clearly greatly exaggerated. Yes, the individual Christian has to work with the spirit and will not immediately become angelical in their behaviour, but the idea that God dwells inside a Christian and yet they continue to be filled with malice and hate is an oxymoron.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 08:08
    @divegeester said
    So if a Christian exhibits 'malice and hate' and gets 'ugly fast' … it is “on God” - I see.

That is what you’ve said.
    Those quotes by KJ were not referring to Christians.

More classic twisting of words by you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree