1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '19 23:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    What does the fact that KazetNagorra and other writers have condemned divegeester on another forum have to do with Matthew 19:24?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '19 08:04
    KazetNagorra referred to Nigel Farage as 'evil' and you claimed Dive was a 'fanatical admirer' of Farage. You both used ridiculous exaggeration.

What part of that are you struggling with?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 May '19 01:38
    @Duchess64
    He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man was very productive.17 And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’21 So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” - Luke 12:16-21
    Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 May '19 01:43
    @Duchess64 In light of things wealth in and of itself is not evil it is what one does with their goods and wealth. Are they generous towards others? Serving God.

Manny
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '19 23:48
    @menace71 said
    @Duchess64 In light of things wealth in and of itself is not evil it is what one does with their goods and wealth. Are they generous towards others? Serving God.

Manny
    Many who are rich also love money, and no one can serve both God and Mammon.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 May '19 05:27
    @Suzianne
    No argument there 🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 07:21
    @suzianne said
    Many who are rich also love money, and no one can serve both God and Mammon.
    Many who are poor also love money.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 12:152 edits
    @divegeester said
    Many who are poor also love money.
    The thinking on the Left is, so long as people don't have access to money they can no longer be greedy, or if they are greedy, no one will care because they have nothing.

But this is the approach the Left takes towards all sin. For example, if someone takes a gun and shoots up a school they want the state to take all guns. They do the same with money when a top 1%'er does not share their wealth. The solution is just to have the state forcibly take their wealth away.

But at the end of the day, the Left's solution to our sin problem is simply to restrict our freedom to sin rather than dealing with the root of the sin. For the Left, freedom we have is the real enemy, as where with God freedom was mandatory because love demands it.

As I've said many times before, the Leftist utopia is prison. No guns, everything is "free", and every day is gay pride day.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 19:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 01:18
    Surely it is true that there are those among the poor who merely need money and are otherwise content, but one would imagine that a significant amount are just like the wealthy and have love of money.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:07
    And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. Matthew 19:24 KJV

It means what it says. The trouble is making the correct application.

Jesus isn't saying it's impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. rhaphis - a needle. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle" is merely an idiom and not meant to be taken literally.

The meaning of the verse is directly related to the context from which it is taken. It's not complicated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree