17 May '19 17:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 17:35
    @Duchess64

It means that you will be surrounded by rich people when you die.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '19 17:381 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Not a Christian myself of course, but when this was discussed previously, it was suggested by some that the 'eye of the needle' was a narrow gateway into Jerusalem.

(So, tricky to navigate, rather than impossible).
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 17:41
    It’s very simple:
    1 John 2:15 (NIV)
    “Do not love the world or anything in the world.”

Rich people are in love with their wealth rather than loving god.
    Trying to turn biblical scripture into a left wing political banner is fraught with hypocrisy.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '19 17:56

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 18:13
    1) Well being as that it the opposite of what the text says, then obviously no I don’t agree with it.

2) How did you get that from my post?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '19 18:36

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 19:43
    No...it’s not “reasonable” to interpret my concise straightforward well meant post as that complete pile of made up junk.

Why is it that no matter which forum you post in you always insist on being such an utter utter tosser? Surely you weren’t born like this... you must have been a beautiful baby, a loving child, maybe even an enlightened hopeful youth? What the hell went wrong? How did you end up being this bony long-fingered balding misanthrope peering dolefully back over your wasted life and seeping the essence of your stank misery into our lives.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '19 19:532 edits

10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 19:57
    There was nothing “disingenuous” about my post.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '19 20:14
    First define rich
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '19 20:50
    We are to love God and each other above everything else. This means everyone else without exception there are no excuses. Jesus laid down His life for us giving everything to save us.

By comparison those that love this world more than God, who put the things of this world before God and man, don’t have the love of God in them, they are swayed by the pleasures this life offers and the adoration of man.

You can love the Lord and man and have wealth just as you can hate God and man and be poor. It is all about where your heart’s desires are. Those with much have to make sure that they are right with God and man. You can be wealthy and in a never ending cycle of wanting more as if that could satisfy.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '19 20:59
    @kellyjay said
    We are to love God and each other above everything else. This means everyone else without exception there are no excuses. Jesus laid down His life for us giving everything to save us.

By comparison those that love this world more than God, who put the things of this world before God and man, don’t have the love of God in them, they are swayed by the pleasures this life of ...[text shortened]... od and man. You can be wealthy and in a never ending cycle of wanting more as if that could satisfy.
    Nope, Duchess, along with every other rabid Left winger, has figured it all out.

Rich men like Job, Abraham, King David, etc., they are all a wiener roast now.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '19 21:45
    @kellyjay said

By comparison those that love this world more than God, who put the things of this world before God and man, don’t have the love of God in them, they are swayed by the pleasures this life of ...[text shortened]... od and man. You can be wealthy and in a never ending cycle of wanting more as if that could satisfy.
    Good stuff.

To add to that the bible does not say a rich person cannot do good in their worship and devotion to God. But it does say it would be hard. Riches has it's snares.
    Jesus told a rich young ruler that he needed to go and sell all his belongings and give to the poor. But the man grew sad at Jesus’ saying and went off grieved, “for he was holding many possessions.” This is when Jesus said to his disciples: “How "difficult" a thing it will be for those with money to enter into the kingdom of God!”He then added: “It is easier for a camel to get through a needle’s eye than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God.”​—Mark 10:21-23; Matthew 19:24.

So can a rich person be a godly man? Yes.

If so what should be his attitude with his riches towards those less fortunate then himself?

Leviticus 25:35-40
    35 “‘If your brother who is nearby becomes poor and cannot support himself, you must sustain him as you would a foreign resident and a settler, so that he may keep alive with you. 36 Do not take interest or make a profit from him. You must be in fear of your God, and your brother will keep alive with you. 37 You must not lend him your money on interest or give out your food for profit. 38 I am Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Caʹnaan, to prove myself your God.
    39 “‘If your brother who lives nearby becomes poor and he has to sell himself to you, you must not force him to do slave labor. 40 He should be treated like a hired worker, like a settler. He should serve with you until the Jubilee year."
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '19 21:51
    @galveston75 said
    Good stuff.
    The other day you referred to something KellyJay said as being “perfect”, although you declined to confirm whether or not it was “perfect” enough to be included in one of your Watchtower broadcasts. I do wonder if your comment “good stuff” carried with it the same hollow ring.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree