1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 05:271 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

... I am very much enjoying my whole soul - mind, emotion and will living with the Lord Jesus.
    In your walk with the Lord, are you getting any information from Him on how (or whether) He is going to intervene in the Ebola epidemic?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 06:45
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    In your walk with the Lord, are you getting any information from Him on how (or whether) He is going to intervene in the Ebola epidemic?
    God has no responsibility to intervene in the Ebola epidemic. In my opinion, that is man's problem to deal with.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 07:13
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I am not talking about the afterlife per se, but the instant in which the body ceases to be. I get anxious to think about that moment, and ponder... is there a more chilling instant than the nanosecond when we cease "to be"?
    Have you seen the movie, Jacobs' Ladder ? It deals with the moment before death. You have to watch the almost the whole movie before that is clear.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 09:221 edit
    I am not talking about the afterlife per se, but the instant in which the body ceases to be. I get anxious to think about that moment, and ponder... is there a more chilling instant than the nanosecond when we cease "to be"?
    I had that nightmare the other day, i was being turned to dust and fading away a grain at a time, fully conscience that i would become unconscious at the end of it, watching myself turn to dust kind of like sandman when he turns to dust without the power to comeback.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 17:52
    thanks for the warm welcome!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 01:00
    I had surgery on my knee today, When they gave me the cocktail to put me under, it seemed like seconds upon waking up...I think it will be like that. No dreams, no sense of time, etc.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God has no responsibility to intervene in the Ebola epidemic. In my opinion, that is man's problem to deal with.
    Which of these comes closest to how you see human death?

i) God never intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

ii) God sometimes intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

iii) God always intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

I realize you can't really opt for (iii) because of your answer to the Ebola question, but I put it out there for comprehensiveness.

As a bonus question, let us suppose God wants Inkar Kabila to remain supreme commander of Botiswota for the duration of his term. God sees that if Commander Kabila takes that intended ski trip in Switzerland, he will hit a boulder and die. Would God intervene to prevent this from coming to pass?

(Not looking to argue with you, just curious about how your mind works on this issue, RJ.)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 03:00
    Which of these comes closest to how you see human death?

i) God never intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

ii) God sometimes intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

iii) God always intervenes in the timing and manner of an individual's death.

I realize you can't really opt ...[text shortened]... s?

(Not looking to argue with you, just curious about how your mind works on this issue, RJ.)
    I know you were asking RJ, but to throw my 2 cents, in scripture God has
    appointed to each of us a time of death. So given that we are all going to
    die at some point, God has a hand in the death of us all. Now, could we live
    longer or shorter lives due to choices people make, I believe so yes. The fact
    that we all are going to die does not mean that if God saved you at one point
    you would avoid death at all others, or that if you made a bad choice in this
    life that God could say, no more choices for you too.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 04:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Now, could we live longer or shorter lives due to choices people make, I believe so yes.
    Thanks for the response, KJ.

Is there a sense in which human choices overrule God's desires? In other words, does God give up a certain amount of sovereignty to human will?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 05:15
    Thanks for the response, KJ.

Is there a sense in which human choices overrule God's desires? In other words, does God give up a certain amount of sovereignty to human will?
    I believe with that completely, you cannot have a verse in scripture that
    says who so ever wills, and not have a will to make a choice. Jesus spoke
    when he was going to Jerusalem about what He wanted to do but did
    not simply due to human will. It is revealing too, in scripture we are
    told that Jesus comes that we might have life and that more abundantly,
    and that Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. If we look at what it is
    that people want, we see the one with the greater following on the
    planet right now.
    Kelly

Luke 13:34“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 06:051 edit
    I believe with that completely, you cannot have a verse in scripture that
    says who so ever wills, and not have a will to make a choice.
    Does the will of non-human animals enter into it as well?

There have been mountain lion attacks on humans, sometimes fatal:
    http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/mtn_lion_attacks.shtml

If you were to pray that the Lord will always prevent this in the future, would He refuse to honor your prayer because it would limit the free will of hungry mountain lions?

(I don't know that there is any scripture that covers non-human will, so you may have to formulate an answer based on some indirect method.)
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 07:30
    Does the will of non-human animals enter into it as well?

There have been mountain lion attacks on humans, sometimes fatal:
    http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/mtn_lion_attacks.shtml

If you were to pray that the Lord will always prevent this in the future, would He refuse to honor your prayer because it would limit the free will of hungry mountain lions?
    ...[text shortened]... at covers non-human will, so you may have to formulate an answer based on some indirect method.)
    Never gave it much thought, typically I think when God put us in charge
    most had a fear of us, but once things got broken....a lot of things I
    imagine changed.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 16:561 edit
    ... but once things got broken...
    Not to put words in your mouth, but I sense you are saying that prayer cannot fix broken things.

Or are you willing to try the universal mountain lion protection prayer?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 18:401 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...is there a more chilling instant than the nanosecond when we cease "to be?"

After pondering on that question, I would have to say yes there is.

The nanosecond after one ceases to be comes the moment of realization that you still are. For some that moment will come as a total surprise, as they had staked their life on there not being anything after death.[/b]
    Keep up your fantasy, you are in deep psychological need of it.
    I know I will go on also, but as plant food and whatever genes I have spread out around the planet. That's enough for me, that leaves me free NOT to worry about any afterlife BS.

Other than your fairybook bible, what kind of proof do you have about any kind of afterlife?

First off, we are being totally arrogant to think we are WORTHY of some kind of afterlife, given us by a deity.

We would be nothing but fleas on the back of an elephant to such deity and the plan is probably more like, humans have failed, set up a situation where they all get offed and something better comes in to take our place.

Do you seriously think we as a species are worthy of such an afterlife when you see literally hundreds of millions of people killed in wars and pogroms and drive by shootings and robberies and tortures and such?

This kind of behavior is going to give a deity a warm and fuzzy feeling about humankind? I don't think so.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 19:56
    Originally posted by roigam
    Ecclesiastes 9:5 says, "The dead know nothing at all."
    As well as too many of the living.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree