1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 22:26
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Not to put words in your mouth, but I sense you are saying that prayer cannot fix broken things.

Or are you willing to try the universal mountain lion protection prayer?
    I think prayer fixes things, but God is not a someone whose lamb we rub
    three times and get a wish He is Lord. God gives and takes away, this life
    is not forever, our lives here are not forever, and where we are going after
    this is of more importance than where we are now. Prayer matters a great
    deal, I think we need to be bathed in it to tell you the truth, mainly to keep
    our walk straight and follow God's lead in this life.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 22:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Keep up your fantasy, you are in deep psychological need of it.
    I know I will go on also, but as plant food and whatever genes I have spread out around the planet. That's enough for me, that leaves me free NOT to worry about any afterlife BS.

Other than your fairybook bible, what kind of proof do you have about any kind of afterlife?

First off, we a ...[text shortened]... of behavior is going to give a deity a warm and fuzzy feeling about humankind? I don't think so.
    Not sure how or why you think the things you do, first off you dismiss God
    than you turn around and say if God is real we would only be fleas on the
    back of such a deity. This instead of a God who knows everything, who is
    everywhere in His completeness, all powerful, so that no piece of knowledge
    would escape Him, no speck of the universe would be over looked. Why
    would this God be so flakey to not grasp anyone or anything, period?

You do draw a pretty picture on how, who, and what you think God is, as
    you tell us there is none.
    Kelly
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 23:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think prayer fixes things, but God is not a someone whose lamb we rub
    three times and get a wish He is Lord. God gives and takes away, this life
    is not forever, our lives here are not forever, and where we are going after
    this is of more importance than where we are now. Prayer matters a great
    deal, I think we need to be bathed in it to tell you the truth, mainly to keep
    our walk straight and follow God's lead in this life.
    Kelly
    There are a couple things you said that does not mesh with the Bible. But you do that often ie have beliefs which are unsurported .. So here they are :

1. There is such a thing as too much prayer. Bathing in it? Where you go that from?

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. (Matthew 6:7-8 KJV)

Somehow what you say is different from what Christ says.

2. Prayer works well with the righteous. However it seems that you are saying something different:

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

You got that? IF you are righteous, THEN God hears your prayers otherwise his face is turned against you. And those are not isolated verses. There are more.

I know you believe that all Christians have the righteousness of Christ in them, or have Gods spirit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 00:46
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There are a couple things you said that does not mesh with the Bible. But you do that often ie have beliefs which are unsurported .. So here they are :

1. There is such a thing as too much prayer. Bathing in it? Where you go that from?

[i]But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their ...[text shortened]... irit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine.
    "I know you believe that all Christians have the righteousness of Christ in them, or have Gods spirit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine."

Romans 4:23-25, 8:9
    1 Corinthians 3:16
    2 Corinthians 3:3
    Galatians 4:6
    Ephesians 2:22
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 08:27

[i]But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their ...[text shortened]... irit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine.
    You know, I'm not going to be in any hurry to respond to you since you
    seem to avoid responding to my questions to you. I will tell you this
    however you really should read the whole Bible instead of the small
    handful of verses you quote to respond to anything anyone ever says that
    disagree with.
    Kelly
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 08:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I know you believe that all Christians have the righteousness of Christ in them, or have Gods spirit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine."

Ephesians 2:22[/b]
    hey what's with the grandiose tittles,

scourge of windbags
    bane of obsfucators
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 16:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey what's with the grandiose tittles,

scourge of windbags
    bane of obsfucators
    Zen master?

😉

It's for fun! We are having fun aren't we?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 01:172 edits
    [b]"I know you believe that all Christians have the righteousness of Christ in them, or have Gods spirit and they automatically are righteous, but the Bible does not seem to support that doctrine."

Ephesians 2:22[/b]
    Im interested in how that make the Christian AUTOMATICALLY RIGHTEOUS.

Here are your verses:

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
    Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
    Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Do any of your verses support what many here believe - ie that Christians are automatically righteous. I can quote references that show that to have the Spirit of Christ does not make one automatically righteous and that person can sine and/or fall away.

The 'automatically righteous' part is the issue.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 03:20
    That's a bad loss at home for the first team. Who were they playing?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 15:25

For someone who pushes that people don't need Jesus but just good works
    to enter God's Kingdom I'd say having beliefs that do not mesh with the
    Bible actually falls into your backyard.

With respect to prayer, you should read the Bible from cover to cover and
    not settle on just a few verses you use to beat people up with. You will see
    that we are called to prayer, and it should be a very important part of our
    lives and there is not such a thing as to much prayer. I guess for someone
    who avoids God's Spirit as you do, it may be the proper thing to do in your
    eyes.

Here are a couple of verses:

1 Thessalonians 5:
    16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

The above verse we see that God wants to be praying all the time, with
    the proper attitude regardless of what is going on in our lives.

Matthew 5:43-45New International Version (NIV)

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Here we see that God loves us and those that would be our enemy, that we
    are to pray for those that would do us harm, again proper attitude and
    how God wants us to live.

Matthew 6:6
    But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Here we see that God doesn't want to us make a big show of our spiritual
    life, our works with God in prayer should no be for show, but a reality that
    has nothing to do with others seeing us.

I've not said we should go to God with some repetition, you accuse me of
    something that I've not at all called for. You take lessons from Satan, it
    seems that most of your posts you read into something someone else says
    you plug into it some wrong and spout off as if they actually said something
    they did not.
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 15:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That's a bad loss at home for the first team. Who were they playing?
    Romans
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 15:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    For someone who pushes that people don't need Jesus but just good works
    to enter God's Kingdom I'd say having beliefs that do not mesh with the
    Bible actually falls into your backyard.

With respect to prayer, you should read the Bible from cover to cover and
    not settle on just a few verses you use to beat people up with. You will see
    that we are call ...[text shortened]... u plug into it some wrong and spout off as if they actually said something
    they did not.
    Kelly
    Praying and
    Bathing in it.

Two completely different things.

Christ said how to prayer. It was short and to the point.
    Nothing about bathing in it.

You are as usual fooling yourself.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 20:53
    Praying and
    Bathing in it.

Two completely different things.

Christ said how to prayer. It was short and to the point.
    Nothing about bathing in it.

You are as usual fooling yourself.
    I think Kelly's fellowship is more helpful.
    Your usual legalism is not that helpful.

The sense of life and peace informs the Christian about all matters including prayer. And if one has life and peace while pouring out their heart in "bathing" prayer, that is quite good.

When the sense of life and peace informs the Christian that his or her praying has entered the realm of the exercise of the flesh, the Christian learns by practice and experience to go along with the sense of life and peace.

Some situations may in fact call for "bathing" prayer. Some loving hearts toward God may voluntarily decide to bath in prayer for sheer enjoyment of communing with God.

Who are you - the Prayer Police ? Jesus the One who you say told us how to pray told us and showed us many things. He also demonstrated beseeching His Father three times about a desperate situation facing Him on the night of His betrayal. Who can say that Jesus did not practice an intense bathing Himself in prayer that night in Gethsemane ?

He got to the point more than once and with strong crying and even drops of blood coming from His head like sweat.

There is a TIME for everything under the sun. And there is a time for a simple straightfoward request, to the point, matter of fact faith praying to the Father. And there is a time to pour out one's soul before God with utter earnestness struggling against doubt, striving against temptation.

There is a time for both kinds of prayer in the spiritual journey.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 21:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think Kelly's fellowship is more helpful.
    Your usual legalism is not that helpful.

The sense of life and peace informs the Christian about all matters including prayer. And if one has life and peace while pouring out their heart in "bathing" prayer, that is quite good.

When the sense of life and peace informs the Christian that his or her ...[text shortened]... iving against temptation.

There is a time for both kinds of prayer in the spiritual journey.
    First, making derogatory statements about the teachings of Christ again? Calling it legalism? You go pal .. its your funeral.

Next, KJ was referring to 'bathing in it' as a normal day to day thing, and not as an exception.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 01:53
    First, making derogatory statements about the teachings of Christ again? Calling it legalism? You go pal .. its your funeral.

Next, KJ was referring to 'bathing in it' as a normal day to day thing, and not as an exception.
    First, making derogatory statements about the teachings of Christ again?

Since this is in the form of a question, let me asnwer.

No. I was not making derogatory statements about Christ's ministry. I was making a statement about your legalism. But I think you knew that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree