1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    17 Apr '18 12:41
    This past year I took in a concert by David Crowder, excellent! His music is thought provoking and if you like the style, rocking. I have been listening to his music quite a bit lately especially this song.

    Praise the Lord

    I used to shake You like an 8-ball
    I used to shoot You like a gun
    I used to hold You like a hammer
    Try to nail down everyone
    I used to keep You in a steeple
    Used to bind You in a Book
    I used to take You like prescription
    Without knowing what I took

    But now I just don't buy it anymore
    No, I've tried and I've tried to know everything for sure
    But I find I know less as I come to know You more
    You're not who I thought You were
    Praise the Lord

    Your love's an ocean, not a river
    A symphony, not just a song
    I don't think everybody's right
    I just think most of us were wrong
    I think that when we get to Heaven
    We're gonna laugh when we can see
    How hard we try to make it
    And how easy it should be

    And so I just don't buy it anymore
    No, I've tried and I've tried to know everything for sure
    But I find I know less as I come to know You more
    You're not who I thought You were
    Praise the Lord

    Providence is endless
    Mercy is a mystery
    And fear is no good reason
    To believe in anything

    So I just don't buy it anymore
    No, I've tried and I've tried to know everything for sure
    But I find I know less as I come to know You more
    You're not who I thought You were
    Praise the Lord
    Praise the Lord

    YouTube

    What have you been listening to lately that has been thought provoking?
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Apr '18 12:44
    The 'sacred' music I have been listening to of late has mostly been composed by Arvo Pärt.
  3. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8573
    17 Apr '18 13:07
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The 'sacred' music I have been listening to of late has mostly been composed by Arvo Pärt.
    Isn't Part Estonian?

    I like Estonian symphonic music - Eller and Tubin.
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    17 Apr '18 13:21
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    This past year I took in a concert by David Crowder, excellent! His music is thought provoking and if you like the style, rocking. I have been listening to his music quite a bit lately especially this song.

    [b]Praise the Lord


    I used to shake You like an 8-ball
    I used to shoot You like a gun
    I used to hold You like a hammer
    Try to nail down e ...[text shortened]... m/watch?v=_c-9LxROAkI

    What have you been listening to lately that has been thought provoking?[/b]
    Jesus Christ

    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
    neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (John 10:27-28 KJV)
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    17 Apr '18 14:16
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus Christ

    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
    neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (John 10:27-28 KJV)
    I agree 100%.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    355
    17 Apr '18 21:26
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    This past year I took in a concert by David Crowder, excellent! His music is thought provoking and if you like the style, rocking. I have been listening to his music quite a bit lately especially this song.

    [b]Praise the Lord


    I used to shake You like an 8-ball
    I used to shoot You like a gun
    I used to hold You like a hammer
    Try to nail down e ...[text shortened]... m/watch?v=_c-9LxROAkI

    What have you been listening to lately that has been thought provoking?[/b]
    My wife. 😀
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    17 Apr '18 21:31
    Originally posted by @secondson
    My wife. 😀
    Hurd that.
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    31 Jan '18
    Moves
    3456
    17 Apr '18 23:32
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus Christ

    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
    neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (John 10:27-28 KJV)
    I thought you said in another thread that the Bible was “just paper.” How is Jesus Christ communicating to you if not through the Bible?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    18 Apr '18 02:56
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQdbEmhLK6Io8pj3k9WdqktBuy2mPZZvJ
  10. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8573
    18 Apr '18 03:021 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQdbEmhLK6Io8pj3k9WdqktBuy2mPZZvJ
    It was very nice.

    Trade you one.

    Franz Schmidt: Das Buch mit 7 Siegeln - HALLELUJA
    (after the ad)
    YouTube
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    18 Apr '18 03:07
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It was very nice.
    You couldn't have listened to the whole thing. It's over 50 minutes long.
  12. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8573
    18 Apr '18 03:10
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    You couldn't have listened to the whole thing. It's over 50 minutes long.
    i heard only one and one half.
    It was nice.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86343
    18 Apr '18 06:392 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    How is Jesus Christ communicating to you if not through the Bible?
    I the "literal" thread you explained that God spoke to you through the holy spirit to let you know what is and what isn't literal in the Bible. I asked you about eternal suffering and you said you have not sought the holy spirit's guidance in that matter; presumably you don't think it's important.

    Anyway, how is it you can cite communication from the holy spirit one day and the the next be asking another Christian how else God communicates with them other than the Bible.

    It appears that you were either lying previously, have forgotten what you said previously, have forgotten that the holy spirit communicates with you, assuming that it is only you with whom the holy spirit communicates or you are simply being disingenuous now.

    Which is it?
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    31 Jan '18
    Moves
    3456
    18 Apr '18 07:16
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I the "literal" thread you explained that God spoke to you through the holy spirit to let you know what is and what isn't literal in the Bible. I asked you about eternal suffering and you said you have not sought the holy spirit's guidance in that matter; presumably you don't think it's important.

    Anyway, how is it you can cite communication from the ...[text shortened]... with whom the holy spirit communicates or you are simply being disingenuous now.

    Which is it?
    None of the above. rajk previously said he doesn’t believe the Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into their heart. And as far as I know, rajk has not accepted Christ into his heart a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.

    Why not just ask me without the litany of derogatory and false conclusions?
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    18 Apr '18 10:21
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    None of the above. rajk previously said he doesn’t believe the Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into their heart. And as far as I know, rajk has not accepted Christ into his heart a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.

    Why not just ask me without the litany of derogatory and false conclusions?
    I said no such thing. Please quote where I said that.

    Next the Bible is meant to be read and OBEYED. It is not meant to be placed on a pedestal and worshiped. The Christian of average intellect can read the commandments of Christ ONCE and thereafter understand what is required. If you need to constantly read it over and over then your heart is not with Christ notwithstanding all your pointless professions of faith.
Back to Top