1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I said no such thing. Please quote where I said that.

Next the Bible is meant to be read and OBEYED. It is not meant to be placed on a pedestal and worshiped. The Christian of average intellect can read the commandments of Christ ONCE and thereafter understand what is required. If you need to constantly read it over and over then your heart is not with Christ notwithstanding all your pointless professions of faith.
    Didn't you just state yesterday that you have read the bible dozens of times?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:30
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    Didn't you just state yesterday that you have read the bible dozens of times?
    Yes ... now this is good test to see if you can understand what people write.
    What of it?
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 11:47
    Yes ... now this is good test to see if you can understand what people write.
    What of it?
    If you need to constantly read it over and over then your heart is not with Christ notwithstanding all your pointless professions of faith.

Seems like a contradiction to what you had stated yesterday about you reading the Bible dozens of times, and then berating the Bible in a sense as just paper. Now you say (referencing your quote above) if you read it over and over, your heart is not with Christ. Most peculiar.

The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Inspired means that direction was taken from the Holy Spirit to write it by the authors. Therefore, illumination, wisdom, direction, etc. becomes more and more pronounced the more one reads the Word, takes it in, consumes it (if you will) because of the working of the Holy Spirit through it if an individual allows it so.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:061 edit
    If you need to constantly read it over and over then your heart is not with Christ notwithstanding all your pointless professions of faith.

Seems like a contradiction to what you had stated yesterday about you reading the Bible dozens of times, and then berating the Bible in a sense as just paper. Now you say (referencing your quote above ...[text shortened]... if you will) because of the working of the Holy Spirit through it if an individual allows it so.
    Most peculiar that you cannot understand simple english.

The rest of your post about reading demonstrates that you are a mouth worshiper
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:11
    Most peculiar that you cannot understand simple english.

The rest of your post about reading demonstrates that you are a mouth worshiper
    Why don't you clear up the confusion then?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:55
    Why don't you clear up the confusion then?
    Hold on, Im dealing with sonship right now.

For starters is it possible to

read about Christ
    understand about Christ - death and resurrection
    and obey Christ ?

All in one go ?

Or does one need to read the bible their whole life before they can acheive that
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 14:07
    Hold on, Im dealing with sonship right now.

For starters is it possible to

read about Christ
    understand about Christ - death and resurrection
    and obey Christ ?

All in one go ?

Or does one need to read the bible their whole life before they can acheive that
    Your response is a little like when you go to purchase a vehicle and the salesman asks you how much you want to spend only to get you to bid against yourself. My question to you was in regards to something you stated which was in opposition to what was said from one day to the next.

Do you care to clarify, I will not ask you to dig as to what I was talking about, it is a few posts back.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 14:24
    Your response is a little like when you go to purchase a vehicle and the salesman asks you how much you want to spend only to get you to bid against yourself. My question to you was in regards to something you stated which was in opposition to what was said from one day to the next.

Do you care to clarify, I will not ask you to dig as to what I was talking about, it is a few posts back.
    It is possible understand everything about Christ and the life that needs to be lived in a short space of time? The answer is definitely yes. No lengthy study is required.

One does further study so that they can discuss matters with others. Knowldege is not a virtue. Putting into prachice and doing what Jesus said is the only virtue in bible study.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:03

Next the Bible is meant to be read and OBEYED. It is not meant to be placed on a pedestal and worshiped. The Christian of average intellect can read the commandments of Christ ONCE and thereafter understand what is required. If you need to constantly read it over and over then your heart is not with Christ notwithstanding all your pointless professions of faith.
    <<rajk previously said he doesn’t believe the Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into their heart. And as far as I know, rajk has not accepted Christ into his heart a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.>>

Are you now saying you do believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection and accept Christ into their hearts?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:10

The Bible is obeyed through living in the Spirit and not living in the flesh.

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

(Galatians 5:16-25)

How does one strengthen the influence of God’s Holy Spirit in their life? By reading God’s Word and prayer.

Reading the Bible is how God communicates with us. Prayer is how we communicate to God. We can’t have fellowship with God if we are not communicating with Him.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:21
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<rajk previously said he doesn’t believe the Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into their heart. And as far as I know, rajk has not accepted Christ into his heart a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.>>

Are you now saying you do believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection and accept Christ into their hearts?
    Are those your only options that you can think of:
    - the Holy Spirit dwells in NO people when they believe
    - the Holy Spirit dwells in ALL people when they believe

Let me put it this way, God is selective who has this power of the Holy Spirit.
    Neither is the presence of the Holy Spirit any guarantee of eternal life.
    It is a guide, it is a source of power and encouragement to follow after righteousness.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:24
    The Bible is obeyed through living in the Spirit and not living in the flesh.

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led ...[text shortened]... w we communicate to God. We can’t have fellowship with God if we are not communicating with Him.
    IF
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:35
    Are those your only options that you can think of:
    - the Holy Spirit dwells in NO people when they believe
    - the Holy Spirit dwells in ALL people when they believe

Let me put it this way, God is selective who has this power of the Holy Spirit.
    Neither is the presence of the Holy Spirit any guarantee of eternal life.
    It is a guide, it is a source of power and encouragement to follow after righteousness.
    Well we obviously disagree on that. The Holy Spirit indwells people when they believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into their hearts - if their belief is genuine and sincere, a la Romans 10:9 and John 3:16.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:37
    IF
    Paul himself struggled with living in the flesh vs. living in the Spirit. Are you suggesting Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, was not saved?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 19:27
    Why not just ask me without the litany of derogatory and false conclusions?
    Partly because I'm a flawed and weak human being.

And partly because I think you are an asshat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree