1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 09:31
    there were some omnipotent, omniscient creature that created the universe a few thosand years ago and he/she decided to hide his/her existance from all but the most stupid.

Then at Judgement Day all the believers are sent to eternal damnation for being so gullible and all the non-believers go to heaven.

What if ....

In other words how would that scenario differ from our current world?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 12:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    there were some omnipotent, omniscient creature that created the universe a few thosand years ago and he/she decided to hide his/her existance from all but the most stupid.

Then at Judgement Day all the believers are sent to eternal damnation for being so gullible and all the non-believers go to heaven.

What if ....

[b] In other words how would that scenario differ from our current world?
    [/b]
    What if you came to your senses and realised the absurdity of a life that ends in death?

What if it's true that one could live forever, but that, like everything else, it isn't by accident?
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 13:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    What if it's true that one could live forever, but that, like everything else, it isn't by accident?
    One can't live forever. We know this. We die, and that's it - game over.

We don't go anywere but 6' under, and to believe we go anywhere else is self-deceipt.

We feed the worms and the ants, and get recycled into nature.

This is no accident, just fact. 😉

-m.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 17:46

What if ....

[b] In other words how would that scenario differ from our current world?
    [/b]
    So the believers are the ones that don't believe, or they do believe that this god's existence is hidden? You're going to need to flesh this one out a bit more.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 17:56
    What if you came to your senses and realised the absurdity of a life that ends in death?

...the absurdity of a life that ends in death...

How can you define the apparent nature of reality as absurd?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 04:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So the believers are the ones that don't believe, or they do believe that this god's existence is hidden? You're going to need to flesh this one out a bit more.
    No. What I'm saying is IF there were such a god as I proposed (one who moved in VERY mysterious ways and condemned all who believed in him and rewarded those that didnt) it would be no different to life now. Nobody could tell the difference.

So how do you know its not MY god up there?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 06:00
    Originally posted by mikelom

We don't go anywere but 6' under, and to believe we go anywhere else is self-deceipt.

-m.
    You are talking about the physical body, not us. Dasa can tell you all about it.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 06:36

-m.
    That's the fact of the fate of your physical body, (unless of course your be-headed by a crazed chainsaw massacerist), but the destiny of your conciousness is back to "godhead". In the last breaths of your life the "soul" attempts to reunite with it's creator. If this does not happen it takes birth in a different body.

This is why Timothy Leary, when dying of prostrate cancer advocated "dying conciously" in his last ,(and imo best), book. (forget the title) .
    He talked about facing death as an opportunity for change and what not . He said we should die with our eyes open and our minds clear as to get the best result for the outgoing "soul" from the physical body.

Once a person is dead, they are not 6' under, when the 'life' has left the body , the body returns to dust. The 'life' is eternal and also apparently an amnesiac 🙂
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are talking about the physical body, not us. Dasa can tell you all about it.
    I know all about it, thanks, and I don't need Dasa's ludicrous claims of knowledge interjecting here.

My post was in complete jest, to see who actually takes what I write seriously. Even a lot of atheists believe in a life after life!

That's the point, and it's simple.

We don't need a God to direct our surplus energies, as wherever we go is as random as our initial creation. Initial creation is quite random. One out of an average spill of 400 million semen penetrate the egg, and that's amongst billions per week if you're an agile man! 😉. Don't tell me all the semen are the same, as christians are not all the same, as that would be a fallacy.

WE may be reincarnated, or move to a different form of energy. However, we don't go to heaven or hell, in man's words. That for me is man's own created fear of himself!!!

IF there is an omnipotent one, he will spread us all, as his own semen, into a pool of life somewhere else. That's making a point of 'IF', which is yet scientifically unproven, and upon that basis what I write here is also unqualified, nor even counts for one iota of freedom of expression of my own atheistic accounts of end of life.

If there isn't an omnipotent one, then I still believe scientifically that the energy I have stored may move. Either that, or I just become latent heat as I cool down and die. That's a finite end. I don't see how anybody can argue with those summarisations of my end, when it is my thought that writes my own possible ends.

Of course, the theists will argue that I am non-committal, which I am, because that's what my father's lucky sperm made me - "lucky" - to be alive as I am. Pure luck!

Please don't tell me that some superior God had a plan for me to exist, cos I just don't believe in hype. So here I am, by luck, writing in this forum, happily living life daily with whatever it throws at me, without a need for a God. My life is cool, not cold, cool in the best of all possible ways as the word is used widely nowadays! 😉

I feel good. I live well. I ate meat, and fish, today, and I am not guilty to do so....lol 😀

-m.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 15:16
    No. What I'm saying is IF there were such a god as I proposed (one who moved in VERY mysterious ways and condemned all who believed in him and rewarded those that didnt) it would be no different to life now. Nobody could tell the difference.

So how do you know its not MY god up there?
    So when Abraham was told by God to cross over the river, to qualify as a believer, he would have refused?

When Moses encountered the burning bush, he should have doused it?

Your circular thinking is making me dizzy.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 18:29
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So when Abraham was told by God to cross over the river, to qualify as a believer, he would have refused?

When Moses encountered the burning bush, he should have doused it?

Your circular thinking is making me dizzy.
    ???

Why would Abraham or Moses act differently? They would not know gods ultimate plan.

but would be surprised after their death ...
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 19:20
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    ...the absurdity of a life that ends in death...

How can you define the apparent nature of reality as absurd?
    Apparently no one understands what I mean when I say "life".

Everyone knows the material body dies. Everyone has the freedom to choose to believe whether or not they will have "life" after the body dies.

I know I will.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 19:27

-m.
    True. The game is over when we die.

Then there's a whole new game afterword. The rules of that new game will be determined by the life we live now. That might be a scary thought for some, but not for those who believe.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 19:28

-m.

Then there's a whole new game afterword. The rules of that new game will be determined by the life we live now. That might be a scary thought for some, but not for those who believe.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 20:48

Firstly, cannot imagine why a non-believer would be scared of an after-life he doesn't believe in. Surely it is only believers who are scared; scared that they may not have done enough in this life and scared that they may have been backing the wrong religion.

Secondly, do you live a "good" life because you want to get a good deal in the after-life? And if this is the case what ungodly things would you get up to without this threat of judgement?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree