What if ........

What if ........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
http://www.referendum.1hwy.com/custom2.html

What Qur'an Teaches:

Quran tells us to: "not to make friendship with Jews and Christians" (Q. 5:51), fight them "until they pay the Jizya (a penalty tax for the non-Muslims living under Islamic rules) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Q. 9:29). "kill the disbelievers wherever we fin ...[text shortened]... d lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (Q. 9:5).

THERE IS MORE TO IT GO TO THE SITE

Yeah, I checked out this site. It's a totally biased, non-Muslim site that just throws out selective quotes. They even seem to think that Allah is a different God (or that Muslims think Allah is a different God), when "Allah" is just the Arabic word for God.

Qur'an 2:62. Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve. (Pretty deadly, huh? I just picked a quick one.)

Do your Muslim friends (this is for you too, Darfius) tell you that Muslims can only be peaceful and loving and kind because they don't follow the Qur'an? Or do you tell them that? I have never had any of the Muslims I've known tell me that, nor any of the ones I've read either. Maybe you should just sit down with your Muslim friends and let them tell you what Islam and the Qur'an mean to them.

As for me, I'm outa the debates forum as of now, because I just don't want to waste my time "debating" with people who don't seem to mind being willfully ignorant. So you can say whatever you want about me when I'm gone.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Mar 05

Dr. S do you still read the Bible Studies?
Yes, I read them regularly, although I only had time to glance over the most recent study on Guidance, as I have been particularly busy. I'll revisit it now.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050224/1001558.asp

Hahaha. Rich.
And we all know that the Bush administration is ramping up for an invasion of Syria, do you believe everything that they tell you? Of course they now have evidence that Syria is behind all the beheadings in the world. You probably believed that Iraq had WMDs. You are really very blind. You should put down the bible and read some news from outside the US.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
Yeah, I checked out this site. It's a totally biased, non-Muslim site that just throws out selective quotes. They even seem to think that Allah is a different God (or that Muslims think Allah is a different God), when "Allah" is just th ...[text shortened]... . So you can say whatever you want about me when I'm gone.

Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. A Muslim will tell you that to.

Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. A Muslim will tell you that to.

In school no one really talked about religion openly. And at that tiime I was a Catholic.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
01 Mar 05

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God rests upon him.

I have accepted Christ.

Jesus from his own words not RBHILL says that he is the way. John 14:6

Jesus has more truth then your own truth.
Ok, I'll try this one more time brother.

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

Yet you persist in judging, and judging it is when you proclaim to know
the spirituality of another man and its correctness (or lack thereof). It is a very basic and simple concept, and yet you persist in attempting to warp the Lords truth to suite your need to "evangalize" (and I am using that term veeeeery loosely here).

I fail to see the need to break the Lords commandment in order to convey his truth. I digress though, as I have said as much as "to each his own". It is each mans responsibility for their relationship with God, theirs and no others. Also as I have said before, I will share my truth with others if they are willing to hear it in hopes that my truth shall be theirs as well. I'll tell you something that I will not do though, and that is proclaim my truth to be the only truth. I will also not proclaim that the way I glean my truth is the only way to glean that truth.

My God works in many, many ways. Perhaps we do not worship the same God. That would be a shame in my opinion, but my desire for union and commonality in understanding does nothing to diminish or dispute the facts.

As you yourself have said, God is love. There is no love in judgement.

Pax Novum,
Omnislash

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
01 Mar 05

In school no one really talked about religion openly. And at that tiime I was a Catholic.
Does it make it more compelling to write the same statement twice?

Does it make it more compelling to write the same statement twice?

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Ok, I'll try this one more time brother.

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

Yet you persist in judging, and judging it is when you proclaim to know
the spirituality of another man and its correctness (or lack thereof). It is a very basic and simple concept, and yet you persist in attempting to warp the Lords truth to suite your need to "evangalize ...[text shortened]... ve said, God is love. There is no love in judgement.

Pax Novum,
Omnislash
I suppose Paul never judged when He took Christianity to the Greeks. I'm sure he said "sacrificing your kids to pagan gods is just fine, but wouldn't you like this better?"

Quit taking the Bible out of context to suit your version of God rather than God's version of God.

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by CliffLandin
And we all know that the Bush administration is ramping up for an invasion of Syria, do you believe everything that they tell you? Of course they now have evidence that Syria is behind all the beheadings in the world. You probably believed that Iraq had WMDs. You are really very blind. You should put down the bible and read some news from outside the US.
It said Syrian official, how much more government can you get? And Syria is forcefully occupying Lebanon, are we going to pretend they're good guys?

Speaking of being willfully ignorant, vis, I recommend you type "Muslim extremists" in Yahoo and see what comes up.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
01 Mar 05

It said Syrian official, how much more government can you get? And Syria is forcefully occupying Lebanon, are we going to pretend they're good guys?

Speaking of being willfully ignorant, vis, I recommend you type "Muslim extremists" in Yahoo and see what comes up.
I suggest you look up Christian extremist. The page "When a Christian Extremist Can't Answer Questions, He Rants and Raves Instead" is applicable.

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by CliffLandin
I suggest you look up Christian extremist. The page "When a Christian Extremist Can't Answer Questions, He Rants and Raves Instead" is applicable.
Hmm, I'd rather Rant and Rave than behead someone any day. 😉

(Though I don't see where I've ranted or raved)

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
01 Mar 05

I suppose Paul never judged when He took Christianity to the Greeks. I'm sure he said "sacrificing your kids to pagan gods is just fine, but wouldn't you like this better?"

Quit taking the Bible out of context to suit your version of God rather than God's version of God.
Are we reading the same book? I have yet to read where Paul told the "pagans" that they were going to go to hell if they didn't believe that the guy behind him was God incarnate.

What I have read is about teaching by example. I have read about showing the good of Christs teachings. I have read about spreading the word of God as salvation.

I have not read preaching fire and brimstone, condemning an entire people as servants of evil who are damned to hell for all of eternity, as the way the Lord intended.

The Lord proclaimed that we should spread his message of truth. He did NOT proclaim that we know ANYTHING about the spiritual relationship between him and people who go under another flag. RBHILL has said it many times, and yet he fails to understand his hypocrisy. Christianity is a personal relationship between a man and his God. No one else can know what that relationship is. No man is qualified to judge that. Disagree? Sure. Judge? Absolutely not.

If either of you "biblical scholars" can not grasp this, then I suggest two things:

A. You read the book again. This time, with an attempt to comprehend what is being said without bias.

and

B. We agree to disagree, for I can not and will not recant such a simple concept that is laid out so very clearly.

Pax Novum,
Omnislash

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Are we reading the same book? I have yet to read where Paul told the "pagans" that they were going to go to hell if they didn't believe that the guy behind him was God incarnate.

What I have read is about teaching by example. I have read about showing the good of Christs teachings. I have read about spreading the word of God as salvation.

I have ...[text shortened]... a simple concept that is laid out so very clearly.

Pax Novum,
Omnislash
We agree to disagree, because I will do as my Lord Jesus commands and attempt to bring souls to Christ anyway I can, whether it pleases the listener or not. I have no interest in pleasing man, but I have a vested and fervent interest in pleasing God.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

We agree to disagree, because I will do as my Lord Jesus commands and attempt to bring souls to Christ anyway I can, whether it pleases the listener or not. I have no interest in pleasing man, but I have a vested and fervent interest in pleasing God.
Being an intolerant, arrogant, ignorant, bigoted jerk isn't going to persuade anybody of anything but that you are a piece of s**t.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Mar 05

Actually, says the Bible, where Christianity came from. You're right, caps don't help much, but actual facts (rather than your opinion) do help, wouldn't you say?
The word 'Christianity' isn't in the Bible, Darfius. This is another
one of your imaginary claims. The word 'Christian' only appears
only three times in Acts 11:26 and 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16.

The passage you are likely claiming 'says' where Christianity
comes from is in Acts 11:26, where it says that this was the
first time the local disciples were called Christians. This is not
quite the same thing and the testimony attributed to St Paul
in Acts is somewhat at odds with his own testimony in his own
writings.

Consider, for example Galatians 2:1-10 and Acts 15. Or the
first chaper of that letter with Acts 9:26-30.

So, as for where Christianity 'came from' the Bible does not either
clearly or definitively say.

Nemesio

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
The word 'Christianity' isn't in the Bible, Darfius. This is another
one of your imaginary claims. The word 'Christian' only appears
only three times in Acts 11:26 and 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16.

The passage you are likely claiming 'says' where Christianity
comes from is in Acts 11:26, where it says that this was the
first time the local disciple ...[text shortened]... re Christianity 'came from' the Bible does not either
clearly or definitively say.

Nemesio
I meant the religion, not the word, Nemesio.

Perhaps you should read the thread for context before your blind hatred for me rears its ugly head.